1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

anyone else notice what the slimey media doin there on these news feeds on the hr ? with some insignificant unknown polies passing taking precedence over Shane Warne :think: what the funk is that all about ? a completely unknown individual to millions of ppl in this country alone & theyre
passing taking spotlight headlines,wow

Hutch hasn't done anything reckless, he would have imagined Garry and Tim and then Whateley would be good ratings material when they were appointed - they are good to very good shows - why it hasn't worked ratings-wise comes down to the vagaries of showbiz :rolleyes:
Garry and Tim are dead boring humans.
Whateley is very good at analysis and commentary but he's not a good radio personality.

Garry and Tim are dead boring humans.
Whateley is very good at analysis and commentary but he's not a good radio personality.

i get the sense with g and t that there's not much preparation or research. basically two blokes talking about AFL.

was funny when johnny asked them about a barcode issue with memberships a few weeks ago, and followed up this week....asking garry what he found out for him. garry said some have cards some dont. then admitted he doesnt know.

i get the sense with g and t that there's not much preparation or research. basically two blokes talking about AFL.

was funny when johnny asked them about a barcode issue with memberships a few weeks ago, and followed up this week....asking garry what he found out for him. garry said some have cards some dont. then admitted he doesnt know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SEN have been rating atrociously ever since Hutchy took over.

Sacking Marko and Ox because of personal differences was a huge loss for the drive slot which has never recovered. He tried to push Whateley as the next big thing on radio and ended up with KB walking out the door and destroying his personal relationship with John "Dr Turf" Rothfield.

Other than Hutchy and Whateley pulling huge salaries for themselves, this has been a disaster for all concerned.

Said it before and I’ll say it again they had a good thing and blew it up. I like Garry and Tim in the morning even if Garry is a miserable campaigner but KB was great 9-12, but they’ve never adequately replaced Harf in the 12-3 slot, Marko and the Ox in drive and Finey at night. Imagine how much money they would have saved if they just replaced Milhouse and Gaze with Garry and Tim but didn’t change anything else. I used to listen to SEN on the way to work or uni every day before Hutchy came in, now I might listen to an hour each week.

If I'm waking up at 6am in the middle of a grey and cold Melbourne winter, I want bit more of a mood-lift than what Garry provides. He's a low-speaking mumbler who often sounds like his dog just died. Just not a mornings guy. Better at Fox Footy of an evening.
ive always said hes just an average country bumpkin whos over achieved,i reckon he'd even admit that,has always come across as limited,classy footballer but below average talent as a radio anchor
Tim :think: Tims your typical Essendon product,that says everything ya need to know
There were outliers from that club in his time,Merret,Nagle,Van Der haar,Duckworth,S.Madden,Williams,John Barnes to name a few,but not Tim
nah,hes old school Essendon mentality to the core unfortunately:)

Last edited:
Said it before and I’ll say it again they had a good thing and blew it up. I like Garry and Tim in the morning even if Garry is a miserable campaigner but KB was great 9-12, but they’ve never adequately replaced Harf in the 12-3 slot, Marko and the Ox in drive and Finey at night. Imagine how much money they would have saved if they just replaced Milhouse and Gaze with Garry and Tim but didn’t change anything else. I used to listen to SEN on the way to work or uni every day before Hutchy came in, now I might listen to an hour each week.

Perfect summary.
Hutchy has destroyed SEN, even Bedford has to admit that.

Buckleys a great get .......but they are in struggletown in general

Ill give CT a few weeks and hopefully its back to its best after a pretty average 2021.
I dont want to tune in and hear Andy Maher or Adam Cooney in the rotation.

The new (female) host on Overnights out of Perth is going okay. Maybe there's some novelty-value, but that sounds patronising.

As a former cricketer, she has a nuanced view of matches that I don't hear much elsewhere on SEN.

She is becoming more relaxed and engaging with callers too - this was always going to take a while. I reckon Chris from the USA is flirting with her a bit, and could be sporting half-a-mongrel during their chats. Anthony from Sunshine just wishes she was into harness racing a bit more.

She just needs to keep remembering to refer to "tomorrow" as "today" when broadcasting to a predominantly Victorian audience.

The new (female) host on Overnights out of Perth is going okay. Maybe there's some novelty-value, but that sounds patronising.

As a former cricketer, she has a nuanced view of matches that I don't hear much elsewhere on SEN.

She is becoming more relaxed and engaging with callers too - this was always going to take a while. I reckon Chris from the USA is flirting with her a bit, and could be sporting half-a-mongrel during their chats. Anthony from Sunshine just wishes she was into harness racing a bit more.

She just needs to keep remembering to refer to "tomorrow" as "today" when broadcasting to a predominantly Victorian audience.
Half a mongrel , what a classic

SEN fail to improve in first ratings results of 2022

A drop in every single timeslot, to think that this company has diversified its investments and focused on basketball, NFL and envelope opening etc, only to go backwards in a huge way.
  • Whateley rating a 2.1 in the same timeslot that KB was hitting 5.0
  • Drive rating a 1.4 when Ox and Marko were getting 5.1
  • Breakfast from solid 3's down to a 1.3
The SEN listener is the real loser here, as well as those investors who Hutch is blindsiding.

Wonder if his declared $944k salary has been impacted?

This is actually sad to read. I was once a dedicated listener and although KB, Harf, Ox and Marko wasn't a prefect line-up, it was a hell of a lot more entertaining than the sh!t they have been dishing up since Jabba took control. I honestly can't stay tuned in anymore for more than half an hour, I just use the app to catch up when I've got bugger all else to listen to.

This is actually sad to read. I was once a dedicated listener and although KB, Harf, Ox and Marko wasn't a prefect line-up, it was a hell of a lot more entertaining than the sh!t they have been dishing up since Jabba took control. I honestly can't stay tuned in anymore for more than half an hour, I just use the app to catch up when I've got bugger all else to listen to.
Harf was a huge loss

Night times was when I'd flick it on if there was nothing on tv. It doesn't have to be Finey - it just has to be someone regular who can build rapport with their audience and present some decent ideas and discussion.

I'm certainly not one of those blowing Finey and saying it has to be him - he had moments of being a prick and a really shitty radio host - but we've not had a regular host with any sort of charisma since he was canned.

1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back