1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

He is lucky that he is paired with an even more unlikeable person in Mark Allen. I've never understood the concept of that show show they do together, it just sounds like a mess.
Mark Allen knows nothing besides Golf.
Zero insight into any other sport.
Complete guesser.
It had to catch up with him.

Though the biggest ever numb nuts know nothing was Andrew Gaze.
Might have one brain cell but it gets lost up there in that vacant lot he calls his head.

I wonder if Wilson would be too serious for SEN, though she would add hard-edged radio/journalistic experience which is lacking at SEN - I could imagine Wilson and talkback callers having an interesting relationship.

I wonder if Wilson would be too serious for SEN, though she would add hard-edged radio/journalistic experience which is lacking at SEN - I could imagine Wilson and talkback callers having an interesting relationship.
Her great problem is she is so unlikable

One of the last things I heard the ox say was LeBron had no charisma. Look maybe it’s not his strong suit but he then named Klay Thompson as having charisma, he’d be one of the most vanilla emotionless guys I’ve ever seen play.

He was just clueless.

Agree that Mark Allen made him worse too, those greyhound ads need to be taken off air IMMEDIATELY!

SEN are under new management after all now, aren't they? If a new group takes a company over and they want to bring their own guys in at the expense of the guys that were previously there then they are allowed to do that aren't they?

Esspecially given the ratings, no real surprise at all.

Esspecially given the ratings, no real surprise at all.
Overall ratings or The Run Home?
Seems very shabby treatment of these guys, at least give them some notice and not just throw them out.

A show dedicated to the politics on the AFL.

Yuck.

Plus imagine the sms machine with her

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Caroline Wilson to host afternoons on Sen ?

Has more free time now shes not Footy chief of The Age , has hosted afternoons 94/95 on 3aw and drive with Price in 1996 after Paul Barber was sacked

Hutchy owns the footy on 3aw & Sports today & Footy Classified all of which Caro appears on

She Would be about the only female that would be likely to host their own show on Sen

I think it'd be unlikely. She stepped down from her role at The Age to have more time to live life, travel etc. Can't imagine a daily radio gig would be in her cross-hairs then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long overdue dismissal of Schwarz and Allen. Ignorant and opinionated don't go well together. Amazed it's taken SEN so long to work this out.

So they finally got rid of Mark Allen - too little too late - I gave up on SEN years ago. I miss listening to Jason Cunningham and Leigh Paatsch, but I don't miss Allen's complete lack of in depth knowledge about anything but the sport best described as a "good walk ruined".

Was it unfair dismissal?
What SEN had to go on to Sack them so abruptly?

It doesn’t seem like unfair dismissal as their contracts had run out and they just weren’t offered a new one.

Surely, they had an inkling that it was coming? If your going into the last show of the year in this business and you don’t have a new contract, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that it turns out to be your last show.

The new broom at SEN has started promisingly. The axing of Dumb and Dumber would have been first on my list too. Hutchinson is a disciple of US sports media and as such was hardly going to be impressed by such an amateurish program as this one. In the information age of today there is simply no excuse for being as maddeningly ignorant about major sport as these two are. The Ox has an acceptable handle on the AFL and Marco knows his golf but it pretty much stops there. It is quite unbelievable that they didn’t strive harder to be more informed about the NRL,A League and Super Rugby competitions given the fact that all three have elite clubs playing in this city, let alone international sports with extensive followings here. To me it showed a total lack of preparation which was disrespectful to these sports and their audience. Everyone knows the best way to long term employment is making yourself as indespensable as possible. They fell well short of that.

The new broom at SEN has started promisingly. The axing of Dumb and Dumber would have been first on my list too. Hutchinson is a disciple of US sports media and as such was hardly going to be impressed by such an amateurish program as this one. In the information age of today there is simply no excuse for being as maddeningly ignorant about major sport as these two are. The Ox has an acceptable handle on the AFL and Marco knows his golf but it pretty much stops there. It is quite unbelievable that they didn’t strive harder to be more informed about the NRL,A League and Super Rugby competitions given the fact that all three have elite clubs playing in this city, let alone international sports with extensive followings here. To me it showed a total lack of preparation which was disrespectful to these sports and their audience. Everyone knows the best way to long term employment is making yourself as indespensable as possible. They fell well short of that.

That's all very well but if Hutchy is such a beacon of professionalism why does he have Liam Pickering on his show? He knows nothing about anything other than Liam Pickering.

I think the same could be applied to almost every host on the station. lyon/watson - only afl for example

Remove this Banner Ad

Back