1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

I was going to put Gerard on the "NO" list but wanted to articulate why.

He is a terrific journo but seems to have become too matey with everyone now and therefore, won't always ask the really hard questions. Added to that, being on AFL360 & calling sport means he being pulled in all directions.

I'd like to see his role & show change but its unlikely that he would agree to it.
Compromised especially anything Geelong. He has never found any geelong player guilty of any wrongdoing, and has supported any steve hocking did or does. But to be fair, GW does have allies, callers and posters who happen to support you guessed it geelong

Compromised especially anything Geelong. He has never found any geelong player guilty of any wrongdoing, and has supported any steve hocking did or does. But to be fair, GW does have allies, callers and posters who happen to support you guessed it geelong
I like Gerard. Always have. I like his calling. I like 360. I like his analytical style. I like that he is more intelligent, articulate and earnest than the average football fan.

And I ****ing hate Geelong.

Gerard might love Ken Hinkley more than Black Caviar
😂 geelong connection ? he was nearly in tears this morning defending ol mate and the treatment he received from the faithful,tho they havent been faithful for a while' ,said the mob will have its way,hey but its ok for journos like karen to go deluxe on coaches like Bevo and demand they walk or get fired,whateleys a sycophant ,a gatekeeper for the AFL and its rackett of 'jobs for the boys' with Hinkleys reappointments year after year clear evidence
whateleys almost if not the prime mouth piece for any and evry agenda the corporation dreams up

hes pathetic.n i;ll never forget his disgusting behaviour in 2020 n the narrative he got behind,hes a lying campaigner of the worst kind

Last edited:
I like Gerard. Always have. I like his calling. I like 360. I like his analytical style. I like that he is more intelligent, articulate and earnest than the average football fan.

And I ****ing hate Geelong.

sick team america GIF

Whately's show is the most boring thing on radio. I wasn't a fan of KB waffling on back in the day but would take him back in that slot in a heartbeat.

Dwayne is whole lot of noise without substance. Callers points keep going flying over his head, and he just keeps stating the obvious. The guy has no analytical footy nouse what so ever, which is quite odd for someone who's played the game.

Put Finey on all day everyday with a side of Gary, Tim, Kane, Kingy & Andy Maher and you've got a solid lineup.

Whately's show is the most boring thing on radio. I wasn't a fan of KB waffling on back in the day but would take him back in that slot in a heartbeat.

Dwayne is whole lot of noise without substance. Callers points keep going flying over his head, and he just keeps stating the obvious. The guy has no analytical footy nouse what so ever, which is quite odd for someone who's played the game.

Put Finey on all day everyday with a side of Gary, Tim, Kane, Kingy & Andy Maher and you've got a solid lineup.

Last week he said in conversation with a caller that nick daicos went early in the draft. repeated it again and again but couldnt tell what number he went at

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing how Derm and Kingy have a similar styles of speech but Derm just talks absolute gibberish and Kingy is pretty insightful.
Never more apparent than when Derm fills in on the Monday "Not Entirely Sure What He" Means Test, segment. Yikes, you could punch the weekends games into Chat GPT & get a more concise breakdown!

It’s a definite weakness of a sports station in Sen. Updates on other sporting codes or events are not regular and are read without interest or professionalism.

By extension this morning a caller wanted to talk about the nrl. Corn asked if they’re really gonna talk about nrl?

Then after said caller king mentioned who’s playing in the nrl, to which corn replied “no one cares about the nrl”.

No empathy.
Meanwhile we have to put up with every two-bit-triathlete & rando yank podcaster who will take his call. Very self satiated is our Kane Hinkley.

Been having a good think about SEN over the past few days as well as listening on & off, there are still a number of issues that they just refuse to address.

Starting off, Lyon & Watson discussed & took calls & texts for near on an hour (combined) today over the Dangerfield tackle on Walsh.

Seriously ?? Can't you guys find some other topics & material to discuss, interview or analyse ??

The other thing that comes to mind is the non-exclusive nature that a lot of their presenters when it comes to their TV commitments :

Lyon - On The Couch
Cornes - Footy Classified
King - AFL 360 & First Crack
Watson - Talking Footy
Whately - AFL 360
Maher - The Front Bar
Gaze - Bounce
Hutchison - Footy Classified
Brereton - Fox Footy
Buckley - On The Couch

If you can regularly see & hear them on TV, what's the lure to listen to them on radio ??

The other thing that is important (well ... in my opinion anyway) is that if they dropped all of the AFL/footy talk, they wouldn't have a station at all. There is way too much reliance on talking about the footy at the expense of many other high profile sports and sportspeople which results in many of the shows regurgitating & stretching out unnecessarily, the same stories across each day.

Furthermore, in their desperate but equally lazy approach to finding content, they also insist on making a story out of irrelevant footy minutiae which ends up being boring or ill-concieved.

There is a massive opportunity for SEN Head Office to grab a rather large share of the listening audience right across Victoria but to acheive that goal, they need to inject some creative thinking coupled with a of hard work to restructure the station with a much higher amount of genuinely entertaining programmes.

Are they prepared to roll the sleeves up ??

I doubt it.

The other thing that is important (well ... in my opinion anyway) is that if they dropped all of the AFL/footy talk, they wouldn't have a station at all. There is way too much reliance on talking about the footy at the expense of many other high profile sports and sportspeople which results in many of the shows regurgitating & stretching out unnecessarily, the same stories across each day.

Listeners like me are the problem here. When they stop talking about footy (or at a stretch cricket), I switch off. Particularly seppo sports.

Been having a good think about SEN over the past few days as well as listening on & off, there are still a number of issues that they just refuse to address.

Starting off, Lyon & Watson discussed & took calls & texts for near on an hour (combined) today over the Dangerfield tackle on Walsh.

Seriously ?? Can't you guys find some other topics & material to discuss, interview or analyse ??

The other thing that comes to mind is the non-exclusive nature that a lot of their presenters when it comes to their TV commitments :

Lyon - On The Couch
Cornes - Footy Classified
King - AFL 360 & First Crack
Watson - Talking Footy
Whately - AFL 360
Maher - The Front Bar
Gaze - Bounce
Hutchison - Footy Classified
Brereton - Fox Footy
Buckley - On The Couch

If you can regularly see & hear them on TV, what's the lure to listen to them on radio ??

Furthermore, in their desperate but equally lazy approach to finding content, they also insist on making a story out of irrelevant footy minutiae which ends up being boring or ill-concieved.

There is a massive opportunity for SEN Head Office to grab a rather large share of the listening audience right across Victoria but to acheive that goal, they need to inject some creative thinking coupled with a of hard work to restructure the station with a much higher amount of genuinely entertaining programmes.

Are they prepared to roll the sleeves up ??

I doubt it.
spot on darce

just my 10c worth.they need a golf show 90 mins a week,run it from late february thru to the middle december,updates on all the main tours,LPGA,PGA,LET,etc with meaningful info from minor tours,updates on the Aussies n general previews and reviews.theres loads of content concerning the professional tours,so many Aussies challenging too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back