#12 - Daniel Talia

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Selection #13 - Daniel Talia

I can see Talia starting his career as the third tall in defence that will enable Otten to one day move to the midfield

Given Talia's ability toplay forward or back he may become our next real swingman which puts Stevens under some pressure in years to come

Be very rare to have a draftee still at school following the age changes, though not impossible.

Thanks for all the info Invigoration.

I can see Talia starting his career as the third tall in defence that will enable Otten to one day move to the midfield

I agree that Talia will probably start his career as a third tall in defence, but it will probably be replacing Davis or Mckernan at the start of 2011, as they move to a different role

Liam Pickering [Daniel Talia's Player Agent] said on his radio show Off The Bench this morning that Matt Rendell and the Crows Management had met with Daniel and his family and Pickering yesterday at his home and he is moving over to Adelaide on Sunday.

Pickering also said that the Crows had told him and Daniel they would DEFINATELY be selecting him if he was still there at Pick 13, so it appears we got the player Rendell had targetted all along. Apparently Daniel is genuinely rapt to be going to the Crows and was very keen to get over to Adelaide immediately and get into it. :thumbsu:

As a side note Pickering also said Sydney's round 1 selection Gary Rohan is a very special talent too.

The thing that stood out for me in the highlights package was all the times he waited under the ball, with a man charging into his back, and still had the concentration to actually take the really strong mark.

I agree that Talia will probably start his career as a third tall in defence, but it will probably be replacing Davis or Mckernan at the start of 2011, as they move to a different role

Agree with this :thumbsu: 2010 is time for Otten to move (if he's going to, which I've posted my thoughts on earlier this preseason) and Davis to come into the side playing Otten's old role. From there, 2011 is time to start moving Davis to whatever spot he's going to end up in, and Talia can move in.

It's important to remember that Talia spent most of 2009 playing school footy. He's a huge talent but he will spend most of 2010 just getting the hang of league footy.

if he's a "footballer", position won't matter. these things have a tendency to sort themselves out.

guys with a feel for the game, who can just play, aren't restricted by position.

using Otten as an example, although I think he stays down back, he's a gamer. he'll just play where you put him.

Just read Emma Quayles assessment of him written before we got him. I know understand why Rendell was so excited at getting him.

She had him listed as our dream scenario.

I've just seen the Talia video footage, and I must say that I am excited!!

He is a brave bastard... backing into packs and taking strong contested marks. Looks tough and ready to take on the big boys. I see him as a future CHB/Back pocket type, who could also pinch-hit up forward or in the midfield.

I'm also very impressed with Shaw's speed. I'd love to see him on a wing.

afldraftnight99933.jpg

http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/talia-praises-school-82138

Talia played in attack for the Cannons last season but received All-Australian selection at centre half-back in the AFL Under-18 Championships.
"To be called out by such a great club, it was a real thrill," Talia said on being picked by the Crows.
"Not many Melbourne clubs spoke to me before the draft and Adelaide seemed keen so I really thought I was coming to Adelaide."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In todays advertiser its mentions Talia as being a midfielder in an articale.Here's a few comments in it.

Adelaide's biggest midfielder has arrived in South Austraila.
Touching down at adelaide airport last night, Daniel Talia has been touted as a potential member of the crows on-ball battery by coach Neil Craig,
"his last few games for Calder he actually started to play in the midfield," Craig said.

If he can play in the midfield long term we will be extremely hard to match up on when you look at Talia 194cm, Otten 192cm, Danger 188cm, Shaw 191cm. Even Rendell has said Davis at 195cm has played through the guts as a junior.

Great to hear the club declare their hand early re: him potentially being a mid. Mind you Chief Crow, by the same token we will have difficulty matching up on other midfields if ours is so tall.

Due to all of ours having good speed and agility bar Davis I would think it would be a bigger headache for the opposition. Epescially if they push forward and make miss matches. Think Talia 1 on 1 in the forward line against Danyle Pearce after a centre clearance ;)

You should read some of their posts pre-draft, simply hilarious reading!:D
Supporters would have recruited Mathew Panos, David Gourdis and Austin Lucy if they were in charge of their recruiting. :eek: :p
Loving how all the Blues fans are livid they didn't pick Talia. :D
All or some?

It's only a minority complaining about not picking Talia.

This debate was similar.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=448119

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398200
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,26429486-5016212,00.html

Carlton's BF posts about Talia are hilarious - i can't wait to laud our selection of Talia over Lucas, forever... because it's what they deserve.
Are Carlton going to fall apart because we picked a gun in Lucas? :confused:

Our midfield is still developing and not as strong as everyone believes.

Loving how all the Blues fans are livid they didn't pick Talia. :D

i am loving how Daniel and his parents are extremely disappointed and angered that Adelaide picked him up. bet any money he will come back to melbourne after his 2 years as he is a very family orientated person who is very close with his friend down at home.

i am loving how Daniel and his parents are extremely disappointed and angered that Adelaide picked him up. bet any money he will come back to melbourne after his 2 years as he is a very family orientated person who is very close with his friend down at home.

Bryce Gibbs board.

Now while I enjoy being served a plate full of fail every now and then, I'm full right now due to everyone cooking it up in the offseason.

Multiple sources, including friends of Daniel and Daniel himself have expressed how stoked he is to be going to Adelaide.

Enjoy the team of mids and pray for rain...wait you play under a roof, bad luck.

Bryce Gibbs come on down:).

Remove this Banner Ad

#12 - Daniel Talia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back