#12 Dom Tyson - traded to North for Preuss and a 4th

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought he was very composed with the footy 85% of the time then just has rushes where he bombs/belts it and turns it over. Thought his clearance work was good though

Agreed I've seen him waste it a lot more than last nights game. His turnovers just look really bad becos he dump kicks it forward I'd rather that than a missed handball sideways or out the back.

His last month has been so good

People ask what his elite skills are etc, Tyson is a gun in the clearances, has pretty clean composed hands and his tackling is criminally underrated. It's just unfortunate for him that Viney, Jones and Clarry are also jets that play his main role. I think he's been really good recently. Some here tend to overlook the clangers our other players make (Frost, Viney, Jones, Lewis, Trac all guilty on occasion) but when Dom does it people are really to get the guiletine out.

We ain't trading him. Our depth is good but not so amazing that we are better without Tyson. There is still a big gulf in talent between him and the next most likely mid that would come in for him, JKH.

You can never have too many good midfielders.

People ask what his elite skills are etc, Tyson is a gun in the clearances, has pretty clean composed hands and his tackling is criminally underrated. It's just unfortunate for him that Viney, Jones and Clarry are also jets that play his main role. I think he's been really good recently. Some here tend to overlook the clangers our other players make (Frost, Viney, Jones, Lewis, Trac all guilty on occasion) but when Dom does it people are really to get the guiletine out.

We ain't trading him. Our depth is good but not so amazing that we are better without Tyson. There is still a big gulf in talent between him and the next most likely mid that would come in for him, JKH.

You can never have too many good midfielders.

Because those players mentioned all have different qualities he doesn't possess.
Frost is a key defender with raw pace
Jones is our captain and leader
Viney is a contested machine an enforcer who nearly broke a record.
Lewis is a 4 time prem player who can also hit game opening kicks
Trac can play as a FF

He does some really nice things in congestion but **** he wastes the ball.
There was a play in the 3rd I think it was that pretty much summed him up for me. He worked his was through traffic beautifully, then bombed it down the line to a contest, but missed the contest and gave it straight to the opposition. Really highlighted his big strength, and his big weakness within 5-10 seconds.

Thought his disposal was shocking at times last night, and he got shown up for pace a few times. He wasn't awful, but he seems like a slightly more talented version of Viv Michie to me. Does some good neat and tidy things but in general is fairly unimpressive.

There was a play in the 3rd I think it was that pretty much summed him up for me. He worked his was through traffic beautifully, then bombed it down the line to a contest, but missed the contest and gave it straight to the opposition. Really highlighted his big strength, and his big weakness within 5-10 seconds.

Not his fault our forwards set up poorly mate.

He possesses a wonderful ability to not once shank a kick to a team mate. All his errant kicks end up gently cusped in the hands of opposition players.

Thought he was one of our best, used the ball better than Viney and was strong around the ball.

Except Viney was throwing blokes off him like the Hulk
Now I thought Tyson did exactly what he does, looks beautiful with space when he holds it and picks a handball target but then sometimes just kicks it terribly. I blame G2B for bumping the thread when it was just another B rated game from him.

I've come to the conclusion that he's so frustrating because he looks like the sort of player who should be elite on the outside, a terrific ball user. Instead he's the opposite, a gun in tight who works really hard. I think if he looked like Cunnington he'd get less grief, no on expects him to lace people out with 50m tracers.

Except Viney was throwing blokes off him like the Hulk
Now I thought Tyson did exactly what he does, looks beautiful with space when he holds it and picks a handball target but then sometimes just kicks it terribly. I blame G2B for bumping the thread when it was just another B rated game from him.
His ball use WAS about the same level as Viney's though. Tyson had 6 clangers from 12 kicks and Viney had 5 from 11, and I'd say their remaining 6 kicks had about the same result/Tyson's hands were also better in the congested scenarios last night. Plus Tyson laid 5 tackles to Viney's 2. Jack had a huge congested game last night and was amazing all around the ground (particularly in the back half I thought) and was clearly the better player, but Tyson also had a fairly big night out in all the same categories. Their kicking was about identical.

His ball use WAS about the same level as Viney's though. Tyson had 6 clangers from 12 kicks and Viney had 5 from 11, and I'd say their remaining 6 kicks had about the same result/Tyson's hands were also better in the congested scenarios last night. Plus Tyson laid 5 tackles to Viney's 2. Jack had a huge congested game last night and was amazing all around the ground (particularly in the back half I thought) and was clearly the better player, but Tyson also had a fairly big night out in all the same categories. Their kicking was about identical.

I don't think anyone is arguing Viney is a significantly better user (He has been better than Tyson this year though, both statistically and from what I've watched) nor are they arguing Tyson had a s**t game last night, because I'd say it was a 6-7/10.

Tyson misses some really ******* easy handballs and kicks every week, that is what frustrates me with him. It isn't like he is trying to thread the eye of the needle with his disposal, his clangers are awful to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was pretty good again on the weekend.
Blokes turn the footy over.
Blokes who win a lot of footy, turn it over more.
They high pressure style of footy these days means you are ALWAYS hot and under the pump.
Players who can win their own footy and have it 30+ times consistently shouldn't be copping the sh*t this guy does.

Quietly had a very good game Sunday. Only had 19 touches but went at 89%, won 4 clearances which was only bettered by Oliver with 7 and Viney with 5.

Quietly had a very good game Sunday. Only had 19 touches but went at 89%, won 4 clearances which was only bettered by Oliver with 7 and Viney with 5.
I'm one of the first to have a go at him with his disposal, but I did notice he hit targets and made the right choices yesterday at the game. I'd much rather this type of game from him than 28 touches with 6 or 7 horrible turnovers.

Honestly more than happy for him to play like this. We have so many ball winners in Viney, Oliver, Lewis, Tyson, Jones who can win the pill, plus at times Brayshaw, Trac, Salem, ANB all run through the guts.
Having 2-3 midfielders racking up 30+ touches and the others all hitting 20-25 is great.
Tyson just needs to keep his turnovers to a minimum. I agree he's unfairly scrutinised because that's how I watch him, I look out for any tiny little errors he makes which isn't very fair.

I thought he was very good in the first quarter, a couple of crucial clearances/possessions in the middle of the ground, and the goal was good too. Had a few Saints supporters around me who twice said "would anyone care to push some pressure on ******* #12".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back