#13: Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, some people have short memories. While I feel dirty that I am defending Carlton here, there were some Round 1 games not too long ago when a lot of people said that Richmond didn't deserve to play the opening Round of the season and we copped some absolute hidings in those games. In the end they stuck with us, so I see that as no reason to not stick with the same Round 1 opening match-up just because the roles/ladder positions are reversed. Let's just hope we can return some of those massive margins as some payback.

Like Collingwood needs ANOTHER block buster just handed to them.
The mentality towards financially supporting your club has changed in the last 10-15 years. Clubs with shit supporters have been found out, like carlspoon. We've excelled in this area because our supporters are the best in the league. The spoon are now a small club, they're an embarrassment to the Comp and I love it. **** them. Us playing Collingwood for the first time in a season will always be a blockbuster no matter what round. So it may aswell be round one.

Hopefully he just plays 22 games.
If he can do that it means he is playing well.
IMO we will use him in forward and back, depending on the opposition and his match up.
He may be used as a backman that goes forward and kicks a goal on his opponent.

The mentality towards financially supporting your club has changed in the last 10-15 years. Clubs with shit supporters have been found out, like carlspoon. We've excelled in this area because our supporters are the best in the league. The spoon are now a small club, they're an embarrassment to the Comp and I love it. **** them. Us playing Collingwood for the first time in a season will always be a blockbuster no matter what round. So it may aswell be round one.
Exactly, it will be a blockbuster no matter what round, so why then waste it on the opening game on the season. Much better to schedule another match up for Round 1 so that you end up with 2 blockbusters instead of one.

Exactly, it will be a blockbuster no matter what round, so why then waste it on the opening game on the season. Much better to schedule another match up for Round 1 so that you end up with 2 blockbusters instead of one.
Mate stop making arguments that make sense and just make fun of the spoon will you.

anyone heard how he is REALLY travelling?

what injury did he have that still has him in the rehab group?

illness today

hope all is going well an on track. we haven't heard any official updates on him though which can sometimes be a concern.

I just want him fit and firing by round run but it doesn't seem like he can do a full session at the moment ?

anyone heard how he is REALLY travelling?

what injury did he have that still has him in the rehab group?

illness today

hope all is going well an on track. we haven't heard any official updates on him though which can sometimes be a concern.

I just want him fit and firing by round run but it doesn't seem like he can do a full session at the moment ?
Sounds as though he is coming from a fair way back re fitness levels so it's probably senseless flogging him to hard to early. It would probably only result in soft tissue injury. I'm not to fussed if he isn't 100% come round 1, it's a long season and I'm more than happy to see him eased into the season .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds as though he is coming from a fair way back re fitness levels so it's probably senseless flogging him to hard to early. It would probably only result in soft tissue injury. I'm not to fussed if he isn't 100% come round 1, it's a long season and I'm more than happy to see him eased into the season .

Coming from a 2nd rate outfit it's no surprise he's very poorly conditioned.

Yarran has never been an endurance athlete and with his season last year its no suprise he was unfit and carrying excess weight, Still another 2 months to go before round 1 so shouldn't be any issue getting him upto speed.

Yarran will do what Yarran does, Gets 15-20 touches and carries the ball 200-250mtrs and hits fowards on the chest

Yarran is a jet when fit. I believe when we get pinned in our back 50 we lack someone to break the lines with class and precision. We don't have anyone with speed out of the back half. This is where yarran can tear it up.

I'd suggest that he s still building a bridge from the standards accustomed playing at a perennial cellar dweller to that expected of a regular finals outfit.
He ll get there , with a lot of hard work,

I think Yarran played in the team that embarrassed Richmond in a final in front of 95K, only a couple of seasons ago......that did happen, didn't it?

You should know by now why Carlton had to get rid of him, surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back