Delisted #14: Jason Ashby - Delisted 16/9

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you mean?

Reckon they play similar games (style wise of course), and the comparison has continued to grow on me as Jason has played a bigger role in the middle.

The way he ghosts into packs from all angles and his strength overhead definitely remind me of fyfe.

Reckon they play similar games (style wise of course), and the comparison has continued to grow on me as Jason has played a bigger role in the middle.

The way he ghosts into packs from all angles and his strength overhead definitely remind me of fyfe.
Jason Ashby?

Are you talking about at VFL level or something?

Not having a dig, I just haven't seen any similarities at AFL level.

Jason Ashby?

Are you talking about at VFL level or something?

Not having a dig, I just haven't seen any similarities at AFL level.

Lol, yeah it's definitely a VFL level thing because he hasn't been nearly as prolific in the seniors yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to bump with the fire of a thousand suns...

VFL watchers, how's he been tracking in latter half of the season? Obviously Winders down back worked a treat for a spell, but I was surprised that there was hardly a whisper of him challenging to break back into the team (through injury, that is) after his initial run.

Sorry to bump with the fire of a thousand suns...

VFL watchers, how's he been tracking in latter half of the season? Obviously Winders down back worked a treat for a spell, but I was surprised that there was hardly a whisper of him challenging to break back into the team (through injury, that is) after his initial run.
I was very impressed with him in the games I saw. Especially the Collingwood game. He's a leader on the field, extremely vocal on field, on the bench and always takes responsibility. Wouldn't be surprised to see him play 100+ games rotating through the middle or either end. I'd find a way to get him into the side next year for sure.

Would love to see this guy play of a HBF in the senior team next year. We lack a lot of drive of half back and rely on Hibberd way too much for it. He seems like the type of bloke who would give us that drive and from what I've heard and seen he has been mighty impressive in the VFL

Just doesn't seem to have any outstanding qualities.

I could see him having a career similar to Ricky Dyson at best.
It probably doesn't translate well to AFL level yet, but his leadership and kicking is excellent at VFL level. I'm really excited by him.

Still not convinced that he'll be that great.

I don't see 'great' footballer either if i'm to be honest. Doesn't have the high ceiling that Merrett or Gleeson do, but he's versatile, works hard, and I don't think he has any significant deficiencies in his game. Think he'll be a rock solid member of our seniors going forward in the same way that Blumfield or Heffernan were back in the day.

I'd like to see him go forward no often, reckon he's got a real knack for it

Just doesn't seem to have any outstanding qualities.

I could see him having a career similar to Ricky Dyson at best.

But Kong, he's young and we should drop Stanton, Howlett and Dempsey for him, along with Kavanagh and O'Brien.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted #14: Jason Ashby - Delisted 16/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back