Delisted #15: Courtenay Dempsey - Delisted - 28/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 15. Courtenay Dempsey

Does anyone think the main reason why he is always injured is because of his body size? He is 185cm yet only 77kg. He is very skinny and has very little muscle with not much protection to his bones. If you look at his legs they are like sticks. I don't know, but he definitely needs to add some muscle if he wants to play AFL

Unbelievable... How do you break your leg just running along... The most frustrating run of injuries I can remember given this kids talent.

Courtnay Dempsey... What do you think of him?

Just wondering what you think of him? Unlucky I know but is there still a future for him?

Re: Courtnay Dempsey... What do you think of him?

He could become a very good player if he could get on the park with any sort of consistency

ATM he's looking more damaged goods than a very good player, hopefully that can turn around.

I gave up on him after his latest injury, if he can't even run without breaking his leg then he's not cut out for top level football.

Just wasting a spot on our list I feel.

I gave up on him after his latest injury, if he can't even run without breaking his leg then he's not cut out for top level football.

Just wasting a spot on our list I feel.

Considering the amount of time Johns and Dyson have been given, I think he deserves a bit more time.

Considering the amount of time Johns and Dyson have been given, I think he deserves a bit more time.

That has been the whole problem.

When your part of this cut throat business, you can't afford to dish out charity.

Hence mediocrity creeps in.

Given that we have a few players in the same mould, I think he might be given one more year to prove himself, otherwise he might be heading to the GC in his home state.

That has been the whole problem.

When your part of this cut throat business, you can't afford to dish out charity.

Hence mediocrity creeps in.

Except the few times Dempsey has played he's been excellent, unlike Johns. 25 or so disposals and a goal in his comeback game after 16 weeks on the sidelines? That's proof for me that we should persevere.

I think that at worst if he gets his body right he'll be a rich mans Jordan McMahon. At best he could be anything.

I think that it would be highly negligent of the EFC to give up on one that is as talented as Dempsey Especially since he has shown that it is not drive and willingness to put in the effort that is his problem. Its two parts luck and probably one part genetics at this point and with the right management and better luck (which is bound to come) I'm sure he can overcome his issues.

I agree that players like Dyson and (maybe) Johns were given too long but they have not shown the potential talent of Dempsey!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he's quick, skilful and moves in a similar fashion to the burgoyne brothers. his first game back against eagles he got 25 touches - he's all class. should be given at least 2 more years. my biggest concern is we'll lose him to the gold coast - not whether he'll make it!

I'll get flamed for this, but honestly, trade him to the Gold Coast for a top pick. Possibly package him with another fringe player and take one of those top picks off the Gold Coast. It pains me to say it, and trust me, being a Rugby man at heart, from a Rugby heartland also, nothing would please me more that to see this guy crack it big time. But the questions have been asked, and in my opinion answered on the bloke. The body is just not up to all the running. Once again, would love to have egg splattered on my face in 5 years time when this is proven a ridiculous suggestion. Time will tell on this bloke...

I'll get flamed for this, but honestly, trade him to the Gold Coast for a top pick. Possibly package him with another fringe player and take one of those top picks off the Gold Coast. I
And what makes you think we'll ever get something good for him?
If he continues to play 5-10 games a year, then he is worth next to almost nothing.

If he starts getting on the park and plays some good footy, then we keep him.

**** me there's some chicken littles around here.

He's 21 for ****s sake :rolleyes: He's skinny and hasn't had the required conditioning to push his body at AFL level - at this stage.

If he's still breaking down when he's 24 you can call me an idiot, but until then I think anyone who says his body "isn't up to it" is a complete arse-clown.

I tell you, when he's 24 this guy will be ripping up the competitions best midfields, and if it's not the Bombers that he's with, we'll rue it big, BIG time

If his body is a lost cause then so is Jay Neagle's. Both played the same amount of footy in 3 years.

Gumby on track to match it and so are Pears and Daniher. ;)

There's some severe over-reacting going on here by others Kelvin

Anyone know what the new ink on his arm is?

20081107_09preseason41.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted #15: Courtenay Dempsey - Delisted - 28/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back