Delisted #15: Courtenay Dempsey - Delisted - 28/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 15. Courtenay Dempsey

Love the way this guy plays. He was great to watch in round 1 last year, and i was almost going to put him in my dream team because of it.

If named round 1 this year, he's in!

What are his chances? I'd have him in your best 18.

Love the way this guy plays. He was great to watch in round 1 last year, and i was almost going to put him in my dream team because of it.

If named round 1 this year, he's in!

What are his chances? I'd have him in your best 18.

He is clearly in our best 18 and it's only injuries that have stopped him showing the talent he has.

Absolutely no awareness. Decision making questionable as well.

His first few touches were forgettable and a couple thereafter but I thought most of the things he did looked a class above.

Funny how different perception can be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long has he been in the system ? 3-4 seasons ? Looked like a first gamer last Friday.

lol...i can excuse your first comment...but what game were ya watching mate?

Apart from a some basic errors (of which no one was not guilty) he looked really smooth and seemed to pick up the pace of the game really well considering the lack of footy he's played over the past 3 years.

It doesn't matter how long he's been in the system for - how many games has he played...barely a full season's worth and he looks like a 50+ gamer rather than a 20 gamer, which is what is encouraging IMO.

How long has he been in the system ? 3-4 seasons ? Looked like a first gamer last Friday.

mate, it that was a first gamer you'd be blowing ya ****ing wad over him. He had 22 touches and got better as the night went on.

You obviously don't take into account the fact he's played sweet **** all footy for the last 18 months, just like Gumby.

Unbelievable, what exactly were you expecting? 50 touches and a lazy 8 goals?

One more look at the replay, very very average. I think we fatten him up for the g.coast.

I'm in your boat- I wasn't overly impressed with his game despite the early frenzy from the Hill. Like to see more of what he's supposed to have.

He obviously was rusty. Anyone expecting anything different is not on good terms with reality. What we can take from it is he reads the play well, clean hands and is good in contests (5th highest contested posessions). Taking negatives from preseason games is a little dim.

One more look at the replay, very very average. I think we fatten him up for the g.coast.

Now I realise he didn't have a "great" game but tell me what you feel was "very, very average" in your opinion.

I think because you've pumped this guy up, and the fact that we haven't seen him on the park for that long has contributed to some very unrealistic expectations.

He played as well as you could've hoped for given the sheer amount of footy he's missed over the last two years. Yeah he was rusty but our whole team was, Paddy Ryder (pretty much our best field kick), booted 3 passes straight to the opposition but you won't hear people criticising him over that :rolleyes:

When you've missed so much footy its not the mistakes that you need to concentrate on its the things like how easily he gets to the footy and wins it, the effortless passes off both feet - those touches of class that no amount of time can wipe off is what Dempsey has and despite some basic errors that cost us (and he still has a long way to go as a player) the foundations are there and they are mighty impressive.

Honestly...only someone with some form of agenda could've said Dempsey played a "very, very average game"

Saw the replay of the Bulldogs game this morning and was thoroughly impressed with his ability in one-on-one situations. Knows how to win the ball. Has a lot of tools such as his obvious run and carry, but is also good in the air. If he can improve his kicking he will be the complete package. Has star written all over him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted #15: Courtenay Dempsey - Delisted - 28/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back