Player Watch #15: Jayden Short

Remove this Banner Ad

No you don't, see my post above. :p:D
I know he has to play there currently. We are out of options. Though not as convinced he will automatically move out of the backline when they're back. None of those guys have his overhead ability.

I know he has to play there currently. We are out of options. Though not as convinced he will automatically move out of the backline when they're back. None of those guys have his overhead ability.
Let's look into the future and imagine it's selection for round 1 and for the first time in 4 years we have no injuries bar a couple of 1-2 weekers to depth players and Prestia and Hurley have come to the club.

B: Grimes Rance Houli
HB: Yarran Hurley Cellis

Before I get to my point i would blow my load if that backline ran out in round1 2017

Now that leaves Flossy to move up to the centre to join the likes of

Cotchin, Martin, Miles, Prestia, Grigg, Edwards getting fed by Hammer with McIntosh, Bellis roaming the wings where they are best suited.

And now we move to the forwards and we have Jack, Griffiths and maybe Astbury as a pinch hitter joined by Short, Rioli, Lloyd.

Now I see a strong backline with a good midfield with a more mobile forward line with more drive out of defence and on the wings.

Do you see the conundrum

Plays first afl game, kicks three goals playing as a forward, next minute dropped to the reserves and played in the back pocket, returns to the seniors in the backline.

Goals don't win matches according to Dimma defence does
We lost all our half backers to injury so we needed someone else to cover.
If he wasnt playing in the back line he wouldn't be in the team at the moment

We lost all our half backers to injury so we needed someone else to cover.
If he wasnt playing in the back line he wouldn't be in the team at the moment
So he couldn't get a game in our over performing forward line?

Let's look into the future and imagine it's selection for round 1 and for the first time in 4 years we have no injuries bar a couple of 1-2 weekers to depth players and Prestia and Hurley have come to the club.

Before I get to my point i would blow my load if that backline ran out in round1 2017

Cotchin, Martin, Miles, Prestia, Grigg, Edwards getting fed by Hammer with McIntosh, Bellis roaming the wings where they are best suited.

And now we move to the forwards and we have Jack, Griffiths and maybe Astbury as a pinch hitter joined by Short, Rioli, Lloyd.

Now I see a strong backline with a good midfield with a more mobile forward line with more drive out of defence and on the wings.
Where your sheets damp when you woke up after that dream?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All i've done is add 2 players and given us an injury free list at round 1 2017. It really wasn't that hard to do when you don't see doom and gloom in everything.
When was the last time we recruited a gun from another club?

John pitura?

How are you going to land Prestia and Hurley in one off season?

Hurley won't walk out on Dons as a DFA he will need to be traded for like Carslile.

I also think due to our current form he won't want to come to us.

How are you going to land Prestia and Hurley in one off season?

Hurley won't walk out on Dons as a DFA he will need to be traded for like Carslile.

I also think due to our current form he won't want to come to us.
How did Geelong land Dangerfield, Henderson, Smith and Selwood in one off season.

Serious???

With an eye to the future how could Houli and Yarran make the back line??

Agree Magic. Yarrans potential has always outweighed his performances. At Carlton he showed glimpses of being a gun but lots of rubbish in between. Guns perform week in week out.
Still I hope he can get back to full health and play some good footy for us.
He played some good games at Carlton usually against us

Totally lost me when you said for the first time in 4 years we have no injuries bar a couple of 1-2 weekers.
Until this year we have been one of the most blessed sides going around when it comes to injuries.Until this year the lack of serious injury to too many has papered over many shortcomings.
Even this year of our 7 best players only deledio has missed a significant amount of games and that was at the start of the year.Effectively we have only lost one A grader for any long period of time.
Rance 12 of 14 thru suspension.
Cotchin 12 of 14
Miles 13 of 14 dropped for poor form.
Edwards 13 of 14
Riewoldt 14 of 14
Martin 14 of 14?
Deledio 9 of 14.
As Jason Dunstall said when the loss of good ordinary players like Grimes who has missed about 4 maybe 5 games greatly affects your team and structures then you have serious problems.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #15: Jayden Short

Remove this Banner Ad

Back