Player Watch #15: Jayden Short

Remove this Banner Ad

Jayden Short. All you can say is why the f*** have been wasting time with taylor Hunt???
Insanity!

Yep. Cant work out why he was left out R1. Hasn't really put a foot wrong since he came into the side.

slotted back in really well.

loved his attacking mindset. was often running past players to receive handballs into open space so he could keep the ball moving quickly.

absolute no brainer to leave him in the side.

slotted back in really well.

loved his attacking mindset. was often running past players to receive handballs into open space so he could keep the ball moving quickly.

absolute no brainer to leave him in the side.

im always worry about his lack of size yet when he kicks like a boss it compensates pretty well

Yep. Cant work out why he was left out R1. Hasn't really put a foot wrong since he came into the side.
You wonder if he did something wrong in the preseason and he served his dues by missing rd1, and it just didn't get out externally and makes news.

He didn't play in any JLT games did he ??

Never saw him mentioned on the injury front over summer.

You wonder if he did something wrong in the preseason and he served his dues by missing rd1, and it just didn't get out externally and makes news.

Yeah he was left out of those matches. Can't imagine it was something he did wrong as those sort of things always get out. It was probably something in his play that the coaches wanted him to sort out.

Yer it's a real mystery why he didn't feature in the pre season at all and then he's rushed in round two off a pretty standard practice match last week. This game is still called football and good kicks are a must, particularly coming out of defence. Just looks so composed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quickly becoming a favourite of mine.

Really don't know why a decent chunk on here weren't massive wraps for him after last season, I thought he was a shining light in a dark season.

18 touches at 94% and most meters gained on the ground, comfortably more than Treloar who had twice as many touches.

Good kid.

Quickly becoming a favourite of mine.

Really don't know why a decent chunk on here weren't massive wraps for him after last season, I thought he was a shining light in a dark season.

18 touches at 94% and most meters gained on the ground, comfortably more than Treloar who had twice as many touches.

Good kid.

I was behind him, couldn't believe Hunt played ahead of him and after watching him last week in the twos his kicking was long, direct and accurate he only proved my point. Backed it up last night. Fantastic player IMO.

Two things...

Firstly, all this discussion re. his rushed behind on Saturday - but let's not forget/ignore the great effort in the first place.
Let's go to the tape...
Bombers on the charge from half back, ball kicked forward with 2 or 3 Bombers in front of shorty... he does his best Usain Bolt and beats them all to the slowing ball 1 metre out from the goal-line and forces it through - preventing a certain goal.
What a phenomenal defensive play at a big moment in a tight game!!!

Nah - **** him, shoulda done more!

Secondly, Shorty seems to be a bit of a visionary of the game - setting agenda's regularly.

Few weeks ago v Dogs his fumble to the line caused a change in interpretation for deliberate out-of-bounds...
This week - watch as AFL tightens this forced behind rule up before the next games
He's an agenda setter I tell ya!

This Sat night need him to be unjustly pinged for holding the ball after having prior opportunity so the AFL tidy this area up next!

Go Shorty! :thumbsu:

Two things...

Firstly, all this discussion re. his rushed behind on Saturday - but let's not forget/ignore the great effort in the first place.
Let's go to the tape...
Bombers on the charge from half back, ball kicked forward with 2 or 3 Bombers in front of shorty... he does his best Usain Bolt and beats them all to the slowing ball 1 metre out from the goal-line and forces it through - preventing a certain goal.
What a phenomenal defensive play at a big moment in a tight game!!!

Nah - **** him, shoulda done more!

Secondly, Shorty seems to be a bit of a visionary of the game - setting agenda's regularly.

Few weeks ago v Dogs his fumble to the line caused a change in interpretation for deliberate out-of-bounds...
This week - watch as AFL tightens this forced behind rule up before the next games
He's an agenda setter I tell ya!

This Sat night need him to be unjustly pinged for holding the ball after having prior opportunity so the AFL tidy this area up next!

Go Shorty! :thumbsu:

I thought it was a terrific effort.

Stuff the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #15: Jayden Short

Remove this Banner Ad

Back