Player Watch #15 Sam Wicks

Remove this Banner Ad

20200705_wicks_hero.jpg

Sam Wicks

Sam Wicks is a small forward with tidy skills below his knees and an outstanding awareness around goal. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy product was rookie-listed in November 2018 and was a consistent stand-out for the Sydney Swans’ NEAFL side in 2019. He became Sydney's fifth debutant of season 2020 when he was named to face Collingwood in Round 10, before finishing the season with seven appearances to his name. Wicks heads into 2021 fighting names like Tom Papley, Ben Ronke, Lewis Taylor and Sam Gray for a spot in Sydney’s best 22.

Sam Wicks
DOB: 14 September 1999
DEBUT: 2020
DRAFT: #Undefined, 2018 Other
RECRUITED FROM: Manly-Warringah (NSW)/Sydney (NEAFL)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly News ltd have made a story about it today based on the comments on X !!! so thanks for that, this stuff happens on all walks of life. Just get over yourselves and move on. If some of the players with the shits with him want to act like juvenile plonkers then that says more about them than Wicks. And if the WAGS are involved (who normally are the number 1 trouble makers) then they should Be told to mind their own beeswax too. End of rant.

Sadly News ltd have made a story about it today based on the comments on X !!! so thanks for that, this stuff happens on all walks of life. Just get over yourselves and move on. If some of the players with the shits with him want to act like juvenile plonkers then that says more about them than Wicks. And if the WAGS are involved (who normally are the number 1 trouble makers) then they should Be told to mind their own beeswax too. End of rant.
We've already confirmed with sources close to Wicks this is a NON-story and he's made his peace with boys. There was nothing in this incident other than over active imaginations.

People need to stop repeating this garbage on social platforms.

From another angle on twitter omg okay so his 2nd goal was one of the cringiest things i have seen on a football field literally EVERYBODY had their backs turned to him heading into the center.

That does not happen even when a side is losing by 100 points, hello leadership? stamp this s**t out.

His skills & consistent good performance in the small pressure forward role has brought balance to our forward half. I hope he doesn't get dropped for our returning players, as I don't think there's anyone on our list that can perform the role to Wicks standard.
After the teams performance without him compared to the teams performance with him, reckon he's made himself a near certain selection.
His dad has backed up Caesar's post so that tells me it's a non issue, no matter what the media say.

We've already confirmed with sources close to Wicks this is a NON-story and he's made his peace with boys. There was nothing in this incident other than over active imaginations.

You don't get sent away from the club for a week because of over active imaginations.

It is not on social platforms. It is mainstream news.

#culture

#unswnaslikeanditwillneverhappenagain

I thought it was strange watching the game on TV but put it down to the game being iced. In restrospect though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From another angle on twitter omg okay so his 2nd goal was one of the cringiest things i have seen on a football field literally EVERYBODY had their backs turned to him heading into the center.

That does not happen even when a side is losing by 100 points, hello leadership? stamp this s**t out.

How old are you?

You don't get sent away from the club for a week because of over active imaginations.
Mate, you need to go back and re-read this thread. He was NOT sent away. He needed the time off, and was granted it.

If you're gonna go off like a cracker I'm going to need more than "I have on good authority..."

Sent away or stepped away, it wasn't over some imaginary bullshit.
We've already mentioned multiple times in this thread that our source is his family. And that's confirmed.

Also confirmed that the so called 'championing' is just causing more upset. So if the actual people invloved have requested a cease and desist it comes down to your own motives for continuing to dig at an issue that has been fully resolved and is now causing further distress.

Hi guys, thank you for being sensible! This has been a very sad situation where false rumours were started and people got hurt. With respect to the latest there was no snubbing. Sam was miles away and by the time he'd got to the drinks person the moment was gone and everyone was resetting for the next play. The players around him at the time, Heeney, McDonald, Armatey, Jordan etc get on well with Sam.

Thanks again, and I value what you guys say which is why I keep in touch with the forum.

Hi guys, thank you for being sensible! This has been a very sad situation where false rumours were started and people got hurt. With respect to the latest there was no snubbing. Sam was miles away and by the time he'd got to the drinks person the moment was gone and everyone was resetting for the next play. The players around him at the time, Heeney, McDonald, Armatey, Jordan etc get on well with Sam.

Thanks again, and I value what you guys say which is why I keep in touch with the forum.
Great to hear. Media need to put it to bed.

If allowed please give Sam our best :)

Great to hear. Media need to put it to bed.

it's amazing, yet not at all surprising, that the longest-running story on the swans this season (well, possibly second-longest behind heeney's run of form) is this wicks crud ...
which emphasises a point swans fans have been aware of for years: that the vic footy media much prefer negative stories about sydney
we're 6-1, in second place, but king, whateley et al still don't want to rate us on the field ... yet this bollocks continues to get them in a froth
and i don't think any one of these media mensa candidates has noted, while dragging the wicks story out as much as possible, how much better we are with him in the team ... which would be at least one useful football angle they could run with

Remove this Banner Ad

Back