Past #16: Leigh Brown - 68 games for FFC - sent to NM 02 - 113 NM games - delisted end '08 - 63 CFC games

Remove this Banner Ad

Stafford678 said:
Sensational, love him down at the tigerland and im still spewing that we took fiora over him in the draft that year, browny comes from my town too so im a bit biased but hes been good, had a shocker last week but everyone has one of those
BTW, just read your post in the AA thread, and I agree, Richo has definitely been the dominant forward of the AFL this year.

Who would have thought Richmond with the dominant forward, and Roos with the dominant backman (to date) in the AFL?

Listening to him on Roos Radio over the last few weeks. Other media appearances. The way he plays on field etc. I can't help but think he will be our next Captain.

Thoughts?

If archer plays on next year (and judging by current performances its not that unlikely) i say give the captaincy to him. He is realistically our onfield captain anyway. :)

i would love to see this. he is a hard, gutsy, versatile player. already in the media quite a bit with roos radio. and he is cute to hehe!! :D
i think he could do it and it would be great for the club too

*go roos* :)

I think people are underestimating wellsys leadership here....

Was selected as captain in the Aussie u/18s team ahead quite a few players who 'look' to have more leadership skills.....

As much as I love Wellsy.. do you think he has the qualities required just now ? I say let him do what he's doing and keep that pressure off him - for now anyway ;)

I think Simmo is going alright atm... loved how he sized up Pratt.. for being one. :p

Chadwiko said:
If archer plays on next year (and judging by current performances its not that unlikely) i say give the captaincy to him. He is realistically our onfield captain anyway. :)

Is Simmo going somewhere?

Arch would knock it back anyway, he holds Simmo in the highest regard of anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Motters19 said:
No dont do that it screwed Petrie up royal lets not mess Browny up 2...

i think that leigh could handle it he seems like a more mature player than drew. and i know that there is bugger all age difference but leigh plays like he is older if you get what i mean. i think its a great idea! :D

*go roos* :)

What on earth makes some of you people think that Wells would make a good captain?? Because he is a very talented player? Because he is very young? Because he hates talking to media? Because he hates talking in front of people? Because he is very quiet in general?
Just because he has some talent doesn't mean he will make a good captain.
Doesn't mean he wont be a good captain either but at this stage he has showed nothing to suggest he has the goods and he possibly never will.
I think Leigh Brown is miles ahead at this stage.

Do you remember when B. Harvey was thinking of leaving the roos. Just as he signed his new contract he was named vice captain and Steveo and Arch dropped the roles. This suggets to me thatr when simmo goes B. Haverey will be our next captain.

Whatt ya recon??

Yeah good idea and I agree with the selection totally.

The only thing I would say though is that Leroy would need to be settled in a position first (which, he looks to have done now), it wouldn't necessarily matter if he wasn't but I'm sure he won't be as he's come along in leaps and bounds from being, a gap filler if you like to probably the best KPP at the club.

Don't know about Wellsy as captain, seems a little quiet on the field and to be honest I'd just like Wellsy to be concentrating on his own game.

apollo_creed said:
The only thing I would say though is that Leroy would need to be settled in a position first (which, he looks to have done now), it wouldn't necessarily matter if he wasn't but I'm sure he won't be as he's come along in leaps and bounds from being, a gap filler if you like to probably the best KPP at the club.

To add to this point, I'd be happy to have Brown as captain if he's playing CHB or CHF. I'm not a huge wrap for captains that play at FF or FB. It's too hard to influence the game on a consistent basis from those positions.

apollo_creed said:
Don't know about Wellsy as captain, seems a little quiet on the field and to be honest I'd just like Wellsy to be concentrating on his own game.

It'd be a similar situation to Gavin Wanganeen. He was easily the best player on Port Adelaide's list, but probably not the best choice as captain.

Angus1 said:
What on earth makes some of you people think that Wells would make a good captain?? Because he is a very talented player? Because he is very young? Because he hates talking to media? Because he hates talking in front of people? Because he is very quiet in general?
Just because he has some talent doesn't mean he will make a good captain.
Doesn't mean he wont be a good captain either but at this stage he has showed nothing to suggest he has the goods and he possibly never will.
I think Leigh Brown is miles ahead at this stage.
Yes agree....though Daniel Wells has leadership up to his neck...

Cap: Brown
VC: Wells
DPV: Harris...

I tend to agree with F/D

Browny is a stand out for captain, but what about Boomer? what would the club do, he was desperate for the captaincy last time & was apparently ********ed he didn't get it. Personally, I'd prefer Browny, but Boomer may well have a tantrum again.

I think Simmo will play 2006 & 2007 seasons and do a Stevo/ Arch - retire the captaincy before his last season, i.e. at the end of 2006.

Brown would be a good captain i guess... should we be dropping simmo from it??? Boomer needs to improve his game a lot more. What about Shagga?? He's a good leader, but like most of our group he's media shy. Lets see how Brown plays for the whole season, and hope he's more consistent then previous years before showering him with allocades!! If Boomer has a good year, give it to him. Who knows it might do wonders for his game!!

getting way ahead of ourselves as usual on this thread. how about we get a full couple of seasons of good football from Brown then we can start to see whether he'll make a good captain.

Chadwiko said:

Archer a one year captaincy for a final year...I would love it. But it would never happen unfortunately, he is too humble and he would decline any offer on the grounds it would be regressive.

Besides, I agree in many ways he is our captain right now, no disrespect to Simmo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #16: Leigh Brown - 68 games for FFC - sent to NM 02 - 113 NM games - delisted end '08 - 63 CFC games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back