16k at etihad tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Greg Swann has said the stadium could be up and running for minimal cost and could return up to 97% of revenue to the clubs because CFC pay for the maintenance of the stadium irrespective if there are any games there or not

Doesnt the construction of a massive administration base at the Royal Parade end inhibit this idea somewhat?

AFL could put in some of the money toward a stadium being built at Casey Fields, it is all there, all that is required is a couple of stands, and could easily fit 20k, hell, the government could easily put in to make it a multi-purpose stadium if they continue to insist this region is such a growing area.

Victorian teams should be at each other's side. We saw through Fitzroy how painful a relocation/destruction of a club can be.

Quite frankly, St.Kilda, W.Bulldogs, Melbourne & North Melbourne are all at risk of folding when they are at their worst on field.

It's not just North Melbourne.

AFL could put in some of the money toward a stadium being built at Casey Fields, it is all there, all that is required is a couple of stands, and could easily fit 20k, hell, the government could easily put in to make it a multi-purpose stadium if they continue to insist this region is such a growing area.

Or even better, the proposed E-Gate stadium which is right next to North Melbourne Station and is much more central than Casey.

Victorian teams should be at each other's side. We saw through Fitzroy how painful a relocation/destruction of a club can be.

Quite frankly, St.Kilda, W.Bulldogs, Melbourne & North Melbourne are all at risk of folding when they are at their worst on field.

Totally agree. It sickens me when I see posters of other Victorian teams, getting joy out of another team possibly folding. :mad:

Like Mantis I 100% agree. I certainly don't want any club in trouble and I would hope all fans feel the same. North have a small support and a roten draw - a rotten draw - and no one should dance of their grave.

Like Mantis I 100% agree. I certainly don't want any club in trouble and I would hope all fans feel the same. North have a small support and a roten draw - a rotten draw - and no one should dance of their grave.

I wouldn't miss them - it's just the way she goes. When you grow up and realise that football is played and has been played for as long outside the state of Victoria and when you realise that your team now plays in the 'Australian Football League' and not the 'Victorian Football League', you will understand that no team should be guaranteed survival. At the same time Tasmania is crying out for a team, but being told on the grounds that they supposedly wont be financialy viable, how fair is it that the AFL keeps topping up basket case clubs with no support like North? North might have history, but so does the state of Tasmania. It's just a shame that North have ruined their reputation down there as relocation is now not a viable option.

I wouldn't miss them - it's just the way she goes. When you grow up and realise that football is played and has been played for as long outside the state of Victoria and when you realise that your team now plays in the 'Australian Football League' and not the 'Victorian Football League', you will understand that no team should be guaranteed survival. At the same time Tasmania is crying out for a team, but being told on the grounds that they supposedly wont be financialy viable, how fair is it that the AFL keeps topping up basket case clubs with no support like North? North might have history, but so does the state of Tasmania. It's just a shame that North have ruined their reputation down there as relocation is now not a viable option.

Good point :thumbsu:

Nah mate, the 15 year olds that like to sound intelligent, or the socially ******ed regular posters that feel they need to play up to a internet 'persona' by trotting out the same predictable,inflammatory opinions need a voice.

And thank the mods of the Main Board that give them that voice. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drama queen ^^

Nah mate, the 15 year olds that like to sound intelligent, or the socially ******ed regular posters that feel they need to play up to a internet 'persona' by trotting out the same predictable,inflammatory opinions need a voice.

And thank the mods of the Main Board that give them that voice. :thumbsu:
Agreed.

I'm glad that so many asture, intelligent and well-informed persons, of such generous spirit, are able to share with us their views on why North is inevitably going to fold, merge or relocate. The fact that they've been wrong for the last 15 years or more shouldn't worry them. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

16k at etihad tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back