Retired #17: Adam Cooney - Announces retirement and has cleaned out locker

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely pathetic today. That first quarter when the game was up for grabs was one of the worst I've seen. Watching him cruise around refuse to chase or block is absolutely disgusting. The quicker he is out of this team the better.

Yes i remember being one of the few that was shot down for saying bad move when we drafted him. But even then I thought he could contribute something for a year or 2. How long is he contracted for?

I said I'd puke if we traded Ryder for 17 and 37 and then flipped 37 for Cooney, and given I have puked since then I've filled my end of the bargain.

Adam on the other hand, you have not.

I said I'd puke if we traded Ryder for 17 and 37 and then flipped 37 for Cooney, and given I have puked since then I've filled my end of the bargain.

Yet not even in the top 20 mistakes weve made in the last 4 years.Thats how well we are going.

He's failed me too

to expand, im fine with this cause i like cooney (same with gwilt) but how on earth does this make sense beyond the novelty factor of having a really cool guy on our team

where's the damn novelty

I do wonder if the injury he got early in the season is worse than what was advertised.

He started the season well. But since returning he's looked like a shadow of that player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know i'm in the minority here but I'd give him one more chance. He was good early in the season and 3 weeks ago against Brisbane he was close to our best player. Since then he's been rubbish but I'd give him the bye to rest up and train hard and see how he goes against Hawthorn. If he puts in the same effort then so be it he can go to the 2's.

Its Chapman that we really need to get out of the team.

Yes i remember being one of the few that was shot down for saying bad move when we drafted him. But even then I thought he could contribute something for a year or 2. How long is he contracted for?

I posted the same.Coonen had a strong 2013, but tapered off in 2014.

I never want EFC to complain about the draft sanctions when they gave up pick 37.

A crazy decision

He has not had the ability to run defensively for some time now.
Everyone has the ability to run defensively, it's a choice to do so and at the moment Cooney is choosing not to.

Was terrible on Saturday night. So frustrating. For such a good kick, his disposal was disgraceful in that first half. 5 clangers out of 20 touches (albeit it 2 of them being frees against).

When will those racist bastards in the crowd realise that the red hair is scottish, not indigenous.

raccoon.jpg

f*ck me i could almost excuse his absolute lack of defensive running if he could actually hit a target by foot, I mean isnt that what e brought him in for? He's hardly alone in that category mind you

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired #17: Adam Cooney - Announces retirement and has cleaned out locker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back