Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Traded to GC, picks 6&23.

Remove this Banner Ad

For all the Rioli haters out there. Watch these videos:

then....

They booed Porzingis because they had no idea who he was, he wasn't in the college system which is massive in the USA. He had been dominating as a kid over in Europe though.
Bit of a difference to a kid who's been in the local systems but hasn't shown much.

They booed Porzingis because they had no idea who he was, he wasn't in the college system which is massive in the USA. He had been dominating as a kid over in Europe though.
Bit of a difference to a kid who's been in the local systems but hasn't shown much.
Hasnt shown much to who?
The recruiters would of seen hours and hours of his tapes.
I trust the recruiting team.

Ironically, our selections were more 'Americanized' than I can ever remember.

I think we are primed for a 3xRioli flag in a few years!
In 3yrs Maurice Jnr will be eligible and Cyril will be keen to finish off his career with the family, he will be around 29 by then so will be unrestricted FA, just walks across to us and takes home a couple flags with Daniel and Maurice Jnr. :p

Triple the "DELICIOUSNESS"!!!!

upload_2015-11-26_16-29-15.png

Daniel played at my local club in our Under 18's in 2014. Don't expect him to play straight away but when he does he will be of value to our forward line. I don't think he will ever tear a game apart stats wise but what you can't gauge at times is the excitement and energy he generates by the possessions and contests he has. I've seen his highlights up close on game day and at training, he just leaves players behind and creates positive play.

Two years ago he was just a talent but without much direction or ambition. In 12 months he has improved out of sight. He realised his potential and just got better and better with each week. He will relish an AFL environment and I'm glad he gets to stay in Victoria because he does like it here. Very humble and polite kid who loves the footy in his hands.

Think of how you feel when Dusty does something magical or Jack takes a hanger. Daniel will do some cool $hit that will make you glad he is with us and not against us.

Cheers for giving us some insight. As Daniel has been spending time with Cyril I wouldn't mind betting that not only has Cyril had a big influence (in terms of encouraging Daniel to have a RHG) but that if the Tigers didn't take Daniel then the Hawks would almost certainly have done. They would have had more than ample time to get to know Dan while he was spending time with Cyril???

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cop that almost daily :(
Remember. A major part of your job is cross-cultural exchange, so it is expected that you teach them how things are done in western countries.

So 'wedge' away my friend. They're so small and light, you should be able to pick one up in each hand!

Otherwise, during the mandatory dodge ball session, pay back is usually easily achieved then;) (just try not to break noses!)

Sorry mods. This Rioli kid should be fine. Some footage I saw he showed that very 'Rioli' type side step, circle on the spot, with players peeling away and him getting into space. He looks so young though. Not sure he'll be ready next year and some posters putting him in R1 team may be a tad optimistic.

Happy to pump his tyres though...give him no. 17!

Last edited:
Superstar post !

Mate - As you know, in 2015 ... The Tiges beat the Wharfies (At home), Puffers (At home), Colas (At home) and even my beloved Hawkies on the hallowed turf of the MCG ... there is nothing more to prove, they can beat any side on their day.

They are primed for a run at it next year - Top 4 / Prelim MUST be the minimum expectation, I'm confident the boys can go all the way!
Now with Yazman & Delicious MK2 ... It will give ya's the x-factor that will allow you to smack the likes of the Dish-Lickers, Norf and Pussycats

YELLOW & BLACK!!! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Mate - As you know, in 2015 ... The Tiges beat the Wharfies (At home), Puffers (At home), Colas (At home) and even my beloved Hawkies on the hallowed turf of the MCG ... there is nothing more to prove, they can beat any side on their day.

They are primed for a run at it next year - Top 4 / Prelim MUST be the minimum expectation, I'm confident the boys can go all the way!
Now with Yazman & Delicious MK2 ... It will give ya's the x-factor that will allow you to smack the likes of the Dish-Lickers, Norf and Pussycats

YELLOW & BLACK!!! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
hope we can do Geelong, we not beaten them in yrs & would love to beat Norf. GF against the Hawks will be a dream. having gone 3 in a row, the side that beats you eventually will be a special team IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Traded to GC, picks 6&23.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back