Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Traded to GC, picks 6&23.

Remove this Banner Ad

makes you wonder - that grand final injury in 2017 was very severe but got lost in the euphoria of the flag. He has never really recovered that fleet-of-foot magic he showed that season

FWIW I still think he adds a lot of value to our side

If your going to stuff your self up - essentially kicking the winning goal for the first flag in 30 years. Not a bad way to do it.

Potential! I can't see it. I think Daniel will never be more than a low level role player. Just does not get to enough contests. He also flies for hangers but turns his body in the air to avoid front on contact. He also turns side on when he is confronted to avoid contact. Sadly Daniel has not achieved what was expected of him. It may be time to look elsewhere.

Lol this post Is actually funny

Doesn’t take long for this board to find a whipping boy. Quite distasteful if you ask me. Said last week I find it astonishing that bigfooty posters know more about how to select a team then a panel full of full time coaches.
Totally agree- you would think that after the past four years success some of the people on this board would appreciate what players like Rioli-George-Lambert and others provide to enable our Stars to maximize there strengths!!!!!!

Doesn’t take long for this board to find a whipping boy. Quite distasteful if you ask me. Said last week I find it astonishing that bigfooty posters know more about how to select a team then a panel full of full time coaches.
He’s deserves it . We have some absolute guns in a 3 time premiership side. Daniel has coasted the last few years and some of his efforts are disgraceful. Maybe keep a close eye on him next week and you will see why the majority of us are critical of Rioli atm.

Totally agree- you would think that after the past four years success some of the people on this board would appreciate what players like Rioli-George-Lambert and others provide to enable our Stars to maximize there strengths!!!!!!
George and lambert yes. Don’t put Rioli in there thanks.

He’s deserves it . We have some absolute guns in a 3 time premiership side. Daniel has coasted the last few years and some of his efforts are disgraceful. Maybe keep a close eye on him next week and you will see why the majority of us are critical of Rioli atm.

Funny how you lot are so critical but the ones that matter don’t seem to think so. You honestly believe he is being gifted games in the best team in the comp? If so I’d like to see your accreditation and expertise.
I’ll back Dimma and co here over you lot

Funny how you lot are so critical but the ones that matter don’t seem to think so. You honestly believe he is being gifted games in the best team in the comp? If so I’d like to see your accreditation and expertise.
I’ll back Dimma and co here over you lot
You know that’s what we do on Bigfooty right??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct- unfortunately though Rioli consistently lets the TEAM down with some of his efforts.
[/QUOTE

The thing with Rioli is that he is a smooth mover and at times looks lazy- on the other hand George runs around like a chook with its head cut off - Both very different but as important as each other to the team’s success!!!!

LOL Me too. I thought this was forum to critique and offer differing opinions. Apparently some would prefer it to be a safe space and echo chamber. Go figure :rolleyes:

The point I’m making is the views in here aren’t shared by the one that matter. The match committee

Would you make that point against any opinions or questions you have ever had that may differ from the match committee. Thought not.

No because I’m only a member of the peanut gallery. I’m not privy to what is discussed indoors in all their meetings etc.. I have no idea what his KPIs are I’m sure as hell sure it’s not SuperCoach points. If the MC was disappointed in him since 2017 like many here he would only have the 1 flag and be out the door like butler. But the evidence has proven otherwise. I have opinions on players as well. But I’m not going to openly state that a player is failing to do his job when the match committee continues to select the player for 3 years.

No because I’m only a member of the peanut gallery. I’m not privy to what is discussed indoors in all their meetings etc.. I have no idea what his KPIs are I’m sure as hell sure it’s not SuperCoach points. If the MC was disappointed in him since 2017 like many here he would only have the 1 flag and be out the door like butler. But the evidence has proven otherwise. I have opinions on players as well. But I’m not going to openly state that a player is failing to do his job when the match committee continues to select the player for 3 years.
Get off the fence

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Traded to GC, picks 6&23.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back