Traded #17: Jake Melksham - Traded to Melbourne for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of you are out of touch with AFL salaries - The average salary is 325K pa - Jake being offered 400k is in the ball park - Four years is probably out of the ball park - Howe interests me but only if we can turn him into a midfielder.

I think you might be out of touch with Melksham's form.

Jake's a below average player, thus should be getting less than the average salary of $325k - the fact that it's a four year offer only heightens the ludicrousness of the offer.

Denham just said we are asking for Melbourne's first pick and Jeremy Howe, media just making shit up so they can say we are hard to deal with surely.

First pick for Melkshem?!?!? Surely they jest!

But imagine if it got done!

tumblr_ltbtgjU70B1qztjn5o1_500.jpg

Denham just said we are asking for Melbourne's first pick and Jeremy Howe, media just making shit up so they can say we are hard to deal with surely.

Hahahaha there is no way in hell anyone with a brain would think that is legit? Had Melksham played an entire season like how he finished 2013 it still wouldn't be a fair trade.

Media once again making shit up and the public will soak it up, and thus continues the "Essendon are difficult to deal with" articles.

Media once again making shit up and the public will soak it up, and thus continues the "Essendon are difficult to deal with" articles.

I agree entirely, though a part of me wouldn't be entirely surprised if we start at this point (as embarrassing as it wold be).

This opens up an interesting Carlisle possibility. Carlisle and 25 for 5 and (currently) 42
Nah. Carlisle and 41 for 5. Melksham for 23.

Then we have two picks in top 5. Two in the 20s and can use late picks on Couglan, Brown, McKernan and a hail Mary kid. Take a FA to fill the space in the cap after retirements and Carlisle departure.

Has anything of value ever come from that shitty station? Those guys just make shit up to get people talking about them. The papers are alright but the TV and radio based football media are utter garbage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah. Carlisle and 41 for 5. Melksham for 23.

Then we have two picks in top 5. Two in the 20s and can use late picks on Couglan, Brown, McKernan and a hail Mary kid. Take a FA to fill the space in the cap after retirements and Carlisle departure.
That'd probably be alright. Might have to move Dempsey on for another pick in the 40s if we need an extra bargaining chip for a ruckman or something.

That'd probably be alright. Might have to move Dempsey on for another pick in the 40s if we need an extra bargaining chip for a ruckman or something.
Dempsey is UFA

I think playing alongside Hurley in the back line will be good for Watts. Hopefully helps set an example for hardness. If he could improve in that area then he'd make a great third party tall and if his confidence improves then his kicking skills won't be clouded by his mind.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Luenberg as FA would mean we don't require a bargaining chip. I wouldn't mind if we keep Demps on 1 year deal.

It means we have him, Cooney and Howlett to delist next year. You don't want to turn it over all in one year.

You can't trade a player who is on the rookie list.

Bombers are off their head. there is NO WAY IN HELL you guys will get pick 6 + howe. You also wont be getting just pick 6 or just Howe. Infact, i would be very surprised if we gave you more than a pick in the 40s. He isnt a bad player, but i just dont see how making this deal will help us at all

Bombers are off their head. there is NO WAY IN HELL you guys will get pick 6 + howe. You also wont be getting just pick 6 or just Howe. Infact, i would be very surprised if we gave you more than a pick in the 40s. He isnt a bad player, but i just dont see how making this deal will help us at all
Read previous pages before you post here please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #17: Jake Melksham - Traded to Melbourne for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back