Traded #17: Jake Melksham - Traded to Melbourne for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick in the 40's sounds fine thanks. Done deal. Cheers. :thumbsu:
I'm glad the official representatives of Essendon and Melbourne were able to work out a deal here on our board.

I'm glad the official representatives of Essendon and Melbourne were able to work out a deal here on our board.
You should have seen the Will Minson deal we got done last year!

The media are so damn QUICK.

There's already a news article on the HUN about it

I actually heard that Dodoro is demanding Melbourne give him pick 1 for Melksham.

It's just negotiating though. He's asking for 1, so they'll be willing to give him pick 2.

Bombers are off their head. there is NO WAY IN HELL you guys will get pick 6 + howe. You also wont be getting just pick 6 or just Howe. Infact, i would be very surprised if we gave you more than a pick in the 40s. He isnt a bad player, but i just dont see how making this deal will help us at all
Told ya. General public soak it up then blame Essendon.

Every ****ing year.

Bombers are off their head. there is NO WAY IN HELL you guys will get pick 6 + howe. You also wont be getting just pick 6 or just Howe. Infact, i would be very surprised if we gave you more than a pick in the 40s. He isnt a bad player, but i just dont see how making this deal will help us at all

Hahahhahaa

There's no way anyone at Essendon actually asked for that.

The folk at SEN have no more credibility than us fans on these boards, it's all pure speculation and opinion.

The media just like getting caught up in the 'Essendon are impossible to deal with' hype.

From memory, I don't think we've ever (or at least, not in recent times) failed to come to an agreement. Monfries got to where he wanted (for Pick 48), so did Crameri (Pick 24), so did Ryder (Pick 17 & 37) and so will Carlisle. We've been more than reasonable in getting players to where they want to go. The fact that we initially ask for high picks is negotiating 101, of course we're going to request as high a pick as possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of all the funny bits in your post, this was the best.

Denham just said we are asking for Melbourne's first pick and Jeremy Howe, media just making shit up so they can say we are hard to deal with surely.
Was thinking here we go, Dodo being ridiculous again. Came on here to read the reaction and saw it was Denham. I'll say here what I put on facebook somewhere else regarding Denham. If being a moron was a game, he's clocked it.

There's no way anyone at Essendon actually asked for that.

The folk at SEN have no more credibility than us fans on these boards, it's all pure speculation and opinion.

The media just like getting caught up in the 'Essendon are impossible to deal with' hype.

From memory, I don't think we've ever (or at least, not in recent times) failed to come to an agreement. Monfries got to where he wanted (for Pick 48), so did Crameri (Pick 24), so did Ryder (Pick 17 & 37) and so will Carlisle. We've been more than reasonable in getting players to where they want to go. The fact that we initially ask for high picks is negotiating 101, of course we're going to request as high a pick as possible.
Melksham for pick 41 DONE

I think clubs are budgeting for a relatively significant increase in the cap going forward with the TV deal etc.

Plus, I think people on this thread are harsh on Jake. Not a superstar, but used correctly can be a serviceable player and still young enough to offer a 4 year deal.

Played well going back behind the ball late in the year - perhaps this is a better role for him where he can see the game in front of him and go from there.

My issue with players like Jake is you don't win premierships with them in the midfield. We've had too many like him in the midfield in recent past - players like Lovett and Welsh who go missing or who play half-assed for decent portions of games and who ultimately take us nowhere towards a premiership. He is not a terrible player but signs over a number of years now are that he's not improving his ability or consistency as required. Zaka is similar but doesnt have the same level of brain fartage so deserves anothe year to prove himself.

It is always a balancing act with a list and you need to start somewhere but I don't feel that Jake moving elsewhere would set the team back at all as we have enough kids to play and develop as an alternative.

Can you imagine if we traded Melkshake for a second rounder? Would be a true indicator of how bad some scouts think this draft is.
Imagine if we got a decent player with that pick and Melky went on to play his best football at the Junction oval, would prove a lot on here wrong also..If they offer a second rounder for him we should jump at it..Will still be a decent player..

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #17: Jake Melksham - Traded to Melbourne for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back