Player Watch #17 James 'Don't forget the O' JordOn

Remove this Banner Ad

James Jordan.jpg

Player Profile:

At just 22 James Jordon can call himself a premiership player after appearing in the 2021 Grand Final for Melbourne as the medical substitute, the same year he made his debut for the Dees. The midfielder was initially taken as pick 33 in the 2018 draft and joined the Sydney Swans on the opening day of the 2023 AFL Free Agency Period. He played just 18 games in 2023 with the hopes to improve and grow in the red and white.

James Jordn
Born: 20 December 2000
Draft: 2018
Recruited from: Oakleigh Chargers >> Melbourne

Last edited:
For those at the ground... How tight was his tag on Daicos? Looked to be following him pretty closely in the 2nd half.

For those at the ground... How tight was his tag on Daicos? Looked to be following him pretty closely in the 2nd half.
Wasn't at the ground but found it interesting that he never started in the centre bounces whereas Nick Daicos had 25 CBAs. From what I can remember he started on the other Daicos most of the time, must have been a handover post-CB.

Whatever we did with Naicos it was pretty effective. 25 at 51% and zero clearances in the second half. Probably not in their top 10.

We were doing what we did the first game with the handover tag, it's the most effective one

Another victim for JJ. First time this year Merrett has had less than 20 disposals.
The stats don't tell how influential he was in the game. Not only took Merrett out of it - but also was one of our few guys managing to get hands on the pill in the contest in the first half. Going to be very important for us come finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The stats don't tell how influential he was in the game. Not only took Merrett out of it - but also was one of our few guys managing to get hands on the pill in the contest in the first half. Going to be very important for us come finals.

Jordan got it 15 odd times himself while limiting Merrett to 20. He is a brilliant tagger

Jordan got it 15 odd times himself while limiting Merrett to 20. He is a brilliant tagger
*17 (averages 28)

Let’s not give Merrett more than he deserves

Also averages 7 score involvements, only had 2. Only got 50% of inside 50, tackles and clearances than season average.

Jordon destroyed him.

*17 (averages 28)

Let’s not give Merrett more than he deserves

Also averages 7 score involvements, only had 2. Only got 50% of inside 50, tackles and clearances than season average.

Jordon destroyed him.

Destroyed Naicos and the virtually untaggable Merrett been our buy of the season

Buy? He was free (trade wise)! 😂

Genius acquisition by the club.
I must admit that based on his CV from the Dees I thought he would be a winger fitting in behind Gulden, McInerney and possibly Campbell (and now Lloyd) and thus be unlikely to make the 22. Silly me! A terrific run-with player who can get his own damaging possessions and be part of scoring chains etc.
He'll finish in the top half of the Skilton I reckon.

Favourite Jordon moment will always be in the rooms after our first win, Grundy just smiling as the boys sing the song but Jordon knows every single word

Loved it
Any idea if there is footage around of that? I was overseas at the time so only got to watch the AFL replay and they (infuriatingly) cut it off at the final siren.

Favourite Jordon moment will always be in the rooms after our first win, Grundy just smiling as the boys sing the song but Jordon knows every single word

Loved it
It might be my memory playing tricks on me, but I think I read or heard somewhere that he was a Swans fan growing up. So it would make sense he already knew the words.

Loved it
Not much doubt that JJ is living his best life. Fits right in with the rest of the playing group and knows he's going to get picked every week. You can't wipe the smile off his face.

It might be my memory playing tricks on me, but I think I read or heard somewhere that he was a Swans fan growing up. So it would make sense he already knew the words.
He was

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #17 James 'Don't forget the O' JordOn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back