Senior 18. Sam Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s because you’re not cool like me...
I know their language. “That’s hip daddyo. Let’s hang at the cinema and then shake a tail feather at the disco”

That’s why they relate to me.
That's dope man.:cool:

We all know how good this boy is, but I recently had a chat with a young lad who played against Walshy.
He said it rained heavily all day, and conditions were tough. Then he said, and I quote...

“We tagged him so hard, he would’ve been hating his own life...if I copped what he copped that day, I would’ve walked off the ground and given footy away...
He got 30 and kicked 3...”

I’m kinda looking forward to young Sam’s career!

No pressure young man but ..... holy crap.:D

A little remiss of Carlton not to have already signed him on for an additional 4 years? :)
No shortage of praise from all quarters in regards to Sam this last week.

I wonder what Dow is thinking.

You can see the rivalry competition between Walsh and Dow will be the same as Ratten and Brown on the training track. Thats the way I am reading it. Let them train together and beat each other up. :)

What do people think Walsh's ceiling is? I think he'll end up be similar to Cotchin but probably with a higher possession rate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was reading some old draft profiles, interesting that Walsh tested better then Josh Kelly at the combine, think we all agree, that would certainly make him quick enough to play the role we have have cast him in.
3.00 in the 20 metre sprint.
8.433 in the agility test.
eh? is that better than josh kelly? would've thought that's pretty average athleticism tbh

eh? is that better than josh kelly? would've thought that's pretty average athleticism tbh

It is above average

Sturt rated 10th for the 20 meters at 2.966, so Walsh just outside that level.

What Walsh has over most draftees, is his high speed to cover the ground for longer. Agility is not an issue, given he is always in motion

It is above average

Sturt rated 10th for the 20 meters at 2.966, so Walsh just outside that level.

What Walsh has over most draftees, is his high speed to cover the ground for longer. Agility is not an issue, given he is always in motion

Yeah I think it'd be good to see Kelly's numbers. Kelly has elite endurance and can run all day.

What's average for the 20 metres? Agility is important if we want him in the thick of it.

Yeah I think it'd be good to see Kelly's numbers. Kelly has elite endurance and can run all day.

What's average for the 20 metres? Agility is important if we want him in the thick of it.

Average is 3 - 3.1. These figures are just a starting reference, it is the level of improvement that is important.

TheSmokingGun and myself have constantly joked about him being Mr Vanilla. Walsh does not rank number 1 in any athletic testing (despite being an endurance freak), yet when you add all the rankings, he is a clear top 3 pick, especially when you consider character, leadership and a thirst for the contest.

Walsh is the closest thing to being bust proof, than any other draftee I have seen in 2 decades

Josh Kelly
3.02 for 20 metre sprint
5th in the repeat sprints with 24.31 (a test they no longer do)
9th in beep test with 15.1
1st in 3km with 9.32 (a test they no longer do)
Also top 10 for running vertical jump

Sam Walsh
3.00 for 20 metre sprint
8.433 for agility test
2nd in yo-yo test with 22.1
3rd in 2km with 6.07

Pretty similar looking athletes to me. I suspect Walsh would have done well in repeat sprints, if they still did it.

Josh Kelly
3.02 for 20 metre sprint
5th in the repeat sprints with 24.31 (a test they no longer do)
9th in beep test with 15.1
1st in 3km with 9.32 (a test they no longer do)
Also top 10 for running vertical jump

Sam Walsh
3.00 for 20 metre sprint
8.433 for agility test
2nd in yo-yo test with 22.1
3rd in 2km with 6.07

Pretty similar looking athletes to me. I suspect Walsh would have done well in repeat sprints, if they still did it.
Where did you get these? I looked for awhile online too but could only find the top performers in each category.

Are your interwebz skills just that much superior or do you have some sort of subscription?

Remove this Banner Ad

Senior 18. Sam Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back