Senior 18. Sam Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't read this many good things about a new player since Andy Collins walked through the doors at Princes Park
most of those were written in the sky..........

Blue heaven: No.1 pick poised to sign long-term extension

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-19/blue-heaven-no1-pick-poised-to-sign-longterm-extension

CARLTON'S strategy to lock away emerging stars on long-term deals is set to extend to Sam Walsh with the Blues opening negotiations with the prized No.1 draft pick.

The Blues are considering adding multiple years to Walsh's existing 2020 contract before the season opener against Richmond – a game in which he is poised to debut.
When contacted by AFL.com.au, Walsh's agent Winston Rous of Phoenix Management confirmed he had commenced preliminary conversations with the Blues.

What a first outing for Sam.

I'm not sure how, but so much of the crowd were fully invested in Sam today.
Interesting overhearing the comments and the adulation thrust upon him.

"Give it to Walsh", "Go Sam", "He's a beauty, this kid" amongst the roars of approval for his work today. Good on him. He should be quietly happy.

"Give it to Walsh", "Go Sam", "He's a beauty, this kid" amongst the roars of approval for his work today. Good on him. He should be quietly happy.

Give it to Walsh guy was probably me.

It's difficult to not ride every bump or possession with him. Just an old fashioned no nonsense extremely hard working and talented freak of a footballer and equally as good human.

Does not stop moving, always getting himself into advantageous positions.

Love him to bits already, future captain and has now set a standard for the 1st-5th year players. They better step it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a good ordinary player do you think? :)

The kid is still a kid and i honestly couldn't believe my eyes today when watching him. Looks like he has been in the game 5 years imo.

He was stone cold out on the field and shimmied and jetted away from some quality players today.

He has a never give up attitude and went at it with 2 hawks once and 3 another time i noticed.

He will be a superstar and im even willing to say he will be in our top 5 at the bnf if he gets 18+ games this year.

I yelled at one point "dont hurt him" because i want this kid to get the best out of himself and id be shattered if he got hurt.

This is the guy. Not the guy from another club we want to trade for, the guy we need to not let go anywhere. Offer him many years now.

The kid is still a kid and i honestly couldn't believe my eyes today when watching him. Looks like he has been in the game 5 years imo.

He was stone cold out on the field and shimmied and jetted away from some quality players today.

He has a never give up attitude and went at it with 2 hawks once and 3 another time i noticed.

He will be a superstar and im even willing to say he will be in our top 5 at the bnf if he gets 18+ games this year.

I yelled at one point "dont hurt him" because i want this kid to get the best out of himself and id be shattered if he got hurt.

This is the guy. Not the guy from another club we want to trade for, the guy we need to not let go anywhere. Offer him many years now.

Well he did say whoever drafts him has got him for life ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Senior 18. Sam Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back