Past #18: Shaun Atley - delisted end '21 - 237 NM games / 44 NM goals - thanks Ats

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this but he vomited about 6 times when they came back onto the ground after half time. Even after the bounce to start the quarter he was still going. Maybe that explains why he died out a little in the last half with only 5 disposals. Was very good in the first half.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this but he vomited about 6 times when they came back onto the ground after half time. Even after the bounce to start the quarter he was still going. Maybe that explains why he died out a little in the last half with only 5 disposals. Was very good in the first half.

I did notice that sross. Hurling his guts up near CHB for what seemed a minute or two. He was spent but I watched him further and he didn't stop running. He deserves a big pat on the back for that effort, and not whilst kneeling over the porcelain bus.

Doesn't suit our style at the moment.

Is too fast and creative when he gets the ball, and seems to want to contest rather than play off the man. He would be better served diving for frees, and handballing backwards at every opportunity.

Jet. But not sure that he's a natural defender type. Have seen him loose his opponent a few times. Would like to see him in and Cunners getting more time in the middle.

Jet. But not sure that he's a natural defender type. Have seen him loose his opponent a few times. Would like to see him in and Cunners getting more time in the middle.

Atley's evasive skills would be a tremendous help in the middle. He could complete the midfield. It would mean one of Ziebell or Cunnington would spend more time forward. And McKenzie could start developing at half-back flank with the support of senior players.

Such a team could look like this.

B: McMahon Delaney Thompson
HB: McKenzie Grima Wright
C: Bastinac Swallow Wells
HF: Ziebell Petrie Harper
F: Thomas McIntosh Harvey
R: Goldstein Cunnington Atley

I: Edwards Firrito MacMillan
S: Adams

E: Greenwood Hansen Warren

The players in bold are the senior players who we build a team around. They are our anchors. It would help if we replaced Adams or MacMillan with an experienced senior midfielder who can contribute to the development of our younger midfielders. We are one senior midfielder short of having the right balance. Younger players will just have take turns playing in the rookie positions.

Any free agents who fit into the North Melbourne culture and can mentor Atley, Cunnington, Bastinac, Harper, Adams and Ziebell?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think his current role has done wonders for his development and would like to leave him there. He reminds me a lot of Kennelly.

We need McMahon back there badly. Not only for his leadership, but his spoiling ability which elite for his size. Dickson taking uncontested marks yesterday was embarrassing.

I think his current role has done wonders for his development and would like to leave him there. He reminds me a lot of Kennelly.

We need McMahon back there badly. Not only for his leadership, but his spoiling ability which elite for his size. Dickson taking uncontested marks yesterday was embarrassing.

I think McMahon is a better player than many on here give him credit for.

This has been the case for some years Scotty.

There was a time not so long ago that Scotty Mac had his turn at being the undeserving object of the witch burning clique.

And you would be right.. I think we're really missing him back there.. Forcing Thompson to do a lot more, and allowing a below par defender in C Delaney or pedo in our backline..

Atley's evasive skills would be a tremendous help in the middle. He could complete the midfield. It would mean one of Ziebell or Cunnington would spend more time forward. And McKenzie could start developing at half-back flank with the support of senior players.

Such a team could look like this.

B: McMahon Delaney Thompson
HB: McKenzie Grima Wright
C: Bastinac Swallow Wells
HF: Ziebell Petrie Harper
F: Thomas McIntosh Harvey
R: Goldstein Cunnington Atley

I: Edwards Firrito MacMillan
S: Adams

E: Greenwood Hansen Warren

The players in bold are the senior players who we build a team around. They are our anchors. It would help if we replaced Adams or MacMillan with an experienced senior midfielder who can contribute to the development of our younger midfielders. We are one senior midfielder short of having the right balance. Younger players will just have take turns playing in the rookie positions.

Any free agents who fit into the North Melbourne culture and can mentor Atley, Cunnington, Bastinac, Harper, Adams and Ziebell?

Moloney in the midfield, Bulter in defence

Fact that Shaun has had to learn how to become a defender to get a spot in the side is a credit to him. Second year player who would have played 90% midfield throughout his junior level, now making Brady Rawling's spot his own in the back-line.

Can't fault his season so far, doing a very good job :thumbsu:

I think we're missing Brady Rawlings more than people think.

But yes, Atley has been pretty good, without dominating.

I'd like to see him get some more chipscab possys out in space here and there, to run and create a lot more up the ground, like most half backs tend to do, but I'm sure that will come as he gains more confidence.

I think we're missing Brady Rawlings more than people think.

But yes, Atley has been pretty good, without dominating.

I'd like to see him get some more chipscab possys out in space here and there, to run and create a lot more up the ground, like most half backs tend to do, but I'm sure that will come as he gains more confidence.

Missing Brady? not skillwise/ disposal quality.
nono.gif

Atley need time to adjust and hopefully he becomes accountable.
crossfingers.gif
likewise goes with any kid playing in the firsts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #18: Shaun Atley - delisted end '21 - 237 NM games / 44 NM goals - thanks Ats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back