Player Watch #18: Wil 'Shotgun' Dawson - Extends to end of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

We go on about Geelong father-son jackpotting.

Bulldogs though ffs. 2x 200+ cm KPFs fall in their lap.

And they get JUH out of Scotch, we get Tarryn out of Launnie via Blacktown

And they get JUH out of Scotch, we get Tarryn out of Launnie via Blacktown

Not saying the club is to blame, because I dont know enough about what is going on.

But did TT do any work or study outside footy? Because these are the things that keep you grounded and focused.

I know he was living with Aaron Hall at one stage, and that was around the time he was training well, eating well and playing good footy.

But I would love to know what support he had and what he was doing outside footy, when he went off the rails.

Compare that to JUH for Bulldogs, who basically trained and followed Bont around, the first few years....

We go on about Geelong father-son jackpotting.

Bulldogs though ffs. 2x 200+ cm KPFs fall in their lap.
It will mean four-fifths of f*ck all if they can’t capitalise.

I suppose given The incredible luck gifted to Geelong, only three premierships in the Selwood/Hawkins era was massively underachieving.

But yes, The Bulldogs are the worst, most talented team of the modern era.

Not saying the club is to blame, because I dont know enough about what is going on.

But did TT do any work or study outside footy? Because these are the things that keep you grounded and focused.

I know he was living with Aaron Hall at one stage, and that was around the time he was training well, eating well and playing good footy.

But I would love to know what support he had and what he was doing outside footy, when he went off the rails.

Compare that to JUH for Bulldogs, who basically trained and followed Bont around, the first few years....

More accurately compare him to Jy who also went through the Scotch indigenous scholarship path.

Still growing too it seems.

He's going to be needed to take on Sam Darcy for the next 15 years.
I saw Dawson today on Collins street. I probably don’t see a lot of 200cm blokes walking around. I think he was with his girlfriend who is also tall. But stood out as abnormally big. Wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out he’s grown a few extra cms this year. Again, fck he is very big.

I saw Dawson today on Collins street. I probably don’t see a lot of 200cm blokes walking around. I think he was with his girlfriend who is also tall. But stood out as abnormally big. Wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out he’s grown a few extra cms this year. Again, fck he is very big.

He’s very quickly becoming a solid unit too.

Hopefully Rd 1 next year he’s slotted in next to Logue and Corr.

Will be an almost lock for round 1 next season in defence. Where he belongs .

Aaron Hall wasn’t the best role model, he had his issues too. There aint nothing anyone could have done to guide Tarryb. Once a dick head always a dick head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon we're not giving this kid enough kudos for what was 2 games this year.
Looking forward to seeing him after his second pre-season.
Going to be a very special player.

ten VFL games averaging 3.7 marks, 3 plus tackles, and spent the last month taking on some ruck duties where he didn't look completely out of place.

A big piece of the near future is our Mr Dawson and doesn't turn 19 til 20th December

Think he did a bit of part time work as a gangsta.

Last edited:

ten VFL games averaging 3.7 marks, 3 plus tackles, and spent the last month taking on some ruck duties where he didn't look completely out of place.

A big piece of the near future is our Mr Dawson and doesn't turn 19 til 20th December

I am very bullish on young W. Dawson. He will be a beast. Wait 'til the journos screaming "why didn't they draft a key defender" find out about him!

Yep he’s definitely got a big future as part of our spine.

Set and forget.

I am very bullish on young W. Dawson. He will be a beast. Wait 'til the journos screaming "why didn't they draft a key defender" find out about him!

Yep NM BF have at times similar thoughts, he does see himself as a CHF apparently, so will be interesting watching his development.

With Logue back next season i hope we see a lot more of him. Logue, Corr and W.Dawson is nice blend of taller defenders.

Yep NM BF have at times similar thoughts, he does see himself as a CHF apparently, so will be interesting watching his development.

Maybe he will become a mirror version of Comben, and we'll all be arguing over whether or not he should be moved to his rightful home in the backline.

Pulp Fiction Art GIF by hoppip

With Logue back next season i hope we see a lot more of him. Logue, Corr and W.Dawson is nice blend of taller defenders.
Post bye, give him till post bye to build nicely. He’ll be adequate and AFL level KPD. You can’t ask for any more.. plus he’s a gippslander.. have a soft spot for em

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #18: Wil 'Shotgun' Dawson - Extends to end of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back