NFL (19/20) Super Bowl LIV: Kansas City Chiefs vs San Francisco 49ers

Game Predictions...(1 vote per category, 7 votes total)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

also remember when the manning colts went into the playoffs as one of the worst defenses and yet somehow in the playoffs they managed to thwart all the offenses that had the edge on the D based on metrics...colts won the supee bowl
Except both defences and both offences are good

Most of the stats are season long stats which come playoffs are BS. teams improve over the season and also get worse in some areas.

If the Chiefs were a bottom 5 team against the run, shouldnt Henry have done more against them in the AFC CG.

It only points to both teams putting up points and points. My pick is 9ers 37-34 so far.

It's only evidence of why these teams are playing in this game, and why they will see the same success they've had this year in this game
both fairly unstoppable Os, but one teams D will figure a way out to stop a key aspect of the opposing O

Most of the stats are season long stats which come playoffs are BS. teams improve over the season and also get worse in some areas.

If the Chiefs were a bottom 5 team against the run, shouldnt Henry have done more against them in the AFC CG.
Not even on the same level as San Francisco

Tennessee were killing them in the first half... then for some reason go away from what was working in the 2nd half. Why only 1 of 18 2nd half passing attempts were PA from under centre? Makes no sense at all

both fairly unstoppable Os, but one teams D will figure a way out to stop a key aspect of the opposing O
I doubt it. The difference will be the lack of KC's run game and eventually they'll make like 1 mistake.

San Fran is the more explosive, more versatile, and better offence. They are going to put themselves in better positions to succeed. Bosa or Ford will make at least 1 play to ultimately change the game. OR... San Fran will have too much offensive control and manage the clock perfectly for a late FG win (I'm leaning towards the 2nd one)

exactly...the chiefs figured something out about the titans run, and came up with something to stop it despite people thinking they wouldnt/couldnt.

in the playoffs, especially the super bowl, its all a clean slate as coordinators on the day come up with a whole tailored plan...one teams plan will work and one wont.

this super bowl more than any in recent memory, is incredibly hard to predict

Not even on the same level as San Francisco

Tennessee were killing them in the first half... then for some reason go away from what was working in the 2nd half. Why only 1 of 18 2nd half passing attempts were PA from under centre? Makes no sense at all
You cant run 50 times a game when the scores are close all game.

The 9ers D need to find a way to slow down the KC O and get Mahomes out of his comfort zone.
the KC D need to put the game in Jimmy G's hands and wait for a mistake.

Dont get beat by what you know.

I'll drop more juicy nuggets from the Football Outsiders preview. All that above was from the GOAT Warren Sharp...
Just a suggestion...instead of 8 brief posts of stats in 15 mins, how about you collate all in one post?! That’s analytics at work right there!!

Just a suggestion...instead of 8 brief posts of stats in 15 mins, how about you collate all in one post?! That’s analytics at work right there!!
Post count more important than analytics

(Log in to remove this ad.)

do we instead use football-based acumen to figure out a winner? and if so, whats the key football-based intel?

If we acknowledge this game will most probably become a shootout, who do you want throwing the ball? The guy that has zero post season interceptions & a bunch of td's or the other guy who hasn't been allowed to throw it too much for (in part) the real fear he'll turn it over?

Yeah I know where my money goes.

If we acknowledge this game will most probably become a shootout, who do you want throwing the ball? The guy that has zero post season interceptions & a bunch of td's or the other guy who hasn't been allowed to throw it too much for (in part) the real fear he'll turn it over?

Yeah I know where my money goes.
My money goes to the most explosive offense in the league (San Franciso)

ftfy;)

My money goes to the most explosive regular season offense in the league (San Franciso)

Patrick Mahomes has more pass yards (209) and pass touchdowns (five) in the second quarter of two playoff games than Jimmy Garoppolo (208 yards, one touchdown) has in two complete games this postseason.

Garoppolo would've thrown for 400 yds and 5 TDs against Green Bay if that was the goal. He didn't have to because he can sit back and let his team do it for him. Mahomes doesn't have that luxury.

No QB is more successful and more efficient than Garoppolo this year at completing 20+yd passes

Garoppolo would've thrown for 400 yds and 5 TDs against Green Bay if that was the goal. He didn't have to because he can sit back and let his team do it for him. Mahomes doesn't have that luxury.

No QB is more successful and more efficient than Garoppolo this year at completing 20+yd passes

Well I guess we'll find out shortly if 'his team' allows Jimmy to put his feet up yet again.

Kittle has been sorely under/non-utilized in the playoffs I reckon Niners might figure the Chiefs go all out to stop the run and deliberately gameplan from the start to be pass-heavy with Kittle as focus...lots of play-action. Cant afford to just drop back given Chiefs pass-rushers

To an extent yes. But it doesn't really matter because he'll just do it himself if he has to

Maybe but that will almost certainly involve a pick or two should he have to go that route, chasing down a handy Chiefs lead. And as we've seen in past superbowls, one defensive play can be all that it takes, all that is needed.

The more stats you quote, the smarter you come across!

I think the Chiefs D will surprise us, Chiefs are going to win this easy.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL (19/20) Super Bowl LIV: Kansas City Chiefs vs San Francisco 49ers

Back