Delisted #19: Nick Hind - Not offered a contract for 2025, thanks Hindy! 26/8

Remove this Banner Ad

No surprise. You need to start playing the Benny Hill music when he gets the ball. He just runs himself into so much trouble, reckon he takes the wrong option on everything 90% of the time.

He's one of those players imo that is more interested in having the ball in his hands than actually doing something positive with it. Will work once in a while but eventually the weight of those bad decisions will be too much.

Needs to find a way to simplify his game and stop the kamikaze stuff.

I don’t know why they didn’t try him as a forward at any stage while he was being ineffective. Bit of pace in the forward half wouldn’t hurt.
His failure at the Saints was because he was used as a forward and not a back. Even going back to his VFL days he was always better at half bock or wing. He is just not that good at it from what I have seen of him.

I don’t know why they didn’t try him as a forward at any stage while he was being ineffective. Bit of pace in the forward half wouldn’t hurt.
Completely agree with this

Considering our forward line is lacking so much with experience. His age, speed and pressure could've been really important there.

However it would be hard to pick him over any of Perkins, Hobbs or Guelfi at the moment

Too bad we don’t drop mids who don’t perform.
To bring in who from the reserves? Ham who had 16 possessions in the 2s last week? Or debut Lord? Or throw Smith and his wonky knees in there? We have so many talls on our list that we have no back up mids other than some kids in their first year (that werent high picks). Need to give more midfield opps to likes of Hobbs and Perkins if the normal group aren't firing.

Should’ve played a full game today and would’ve been matched up on Ginnivan. Non-selection cost us the game…

i think you're blinded by seeing him as the fresh player coming in halfway through the 3rd. medical subs are having a decent impact because they are just fresher (look at Smith a few weeks ago)

i can't remember the exact details, but he had two awful howlers in the last quarter that completely stunted our surges forward. i don't know whether he doesn't have the skills/smarts/nous, but they were hopeless. it's hard to say, as he barely put a foot wrong last year

i think you're blinded by seeing him as the fresh player coming in halfway through the 3rd. medical subs are having a decent impact because they are just fresher (look at Smith a few weeks ago)

i can't remember the exact details, but he had two awful howlers in the last quarter that completely stunted our surges forward. i don't know whether he doesn't have the skills/smarts/nous, but they were hopeless. it's hard to say, as he barely put a foot wrong last year
Ginnivans 5th was when hind was on him too.

Not sure he saves anything today.
Kelly and mcgrath were good down back. Id stick with that

Seems to be lacking confidence. Has a few chances to go for a run and take a bounce but instead elected to pass pit wide.

I’d give him a week or two in the reserves just to find a bit of form.

Have changed my mind on this. Still doubt he is an effective forward but maybe we throw him forward and tell him to just chase and tackle. Do not lead up at the footy just flat out defensive actions and maybe create something from that or at the very least cut 2 or 3 of the easy escapes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have changed my mind on this. Still doubt he is an effective forward but maybe we throw him forward and tell him to just chase and tackle. Do not lead up at the footy just flat out defensive actions and maybe create something from that or at the very least cut 2 or 3 of the easy escapes.
Don’t know they don’t at least try it, not much to lose.

Yep, these were always my thoughts on the matter.

Literally the only heathy player on the list with the speed and intent to provide forward pressure!

I respect that and took it into consideration but still believe he would’ve been the perfect match up. Heppell was the main man on Ginnivan and got absolutely towelled up.

If he plays forward then it's pretty much nail in the coffin for AFL career.
More so than playing back in the VFL?

To me it’s just a short-term situational thing, not a long-term plan to reinvent him. We have to find a way to keep the ball in our forward 50 until Tippa and Snellling are back.

More so than playing back in the VFL?

To me it’s just a short-term situational thing, not a long-term plan to reinvent him. We have to find a way to keep the ball in our forward 50 until Tippa and Snellling are back.

When you become a stop gap player it doesn't bode well for a long career. Based on his age profile and last years form you'd expect him to eek out a 5 year career as a hbf. Being flipped in your prime is a bit of a concern.

How? If he plays it well out of necessity it’s a tick. If not he goes back to the vfl and finds form as a defender.
I don't think there's many examples of someone flipping forward/back and doing well. We used Baguley as a stop gap forward but thats probably one of the reason why we've been so bad for so long.

Crossroads for him. Lets see if he can turn it around as we are crying out for some more leg speed.

When you become a stop gap player it doesn't bode well for a long career. Based on his age profile and last years form you'd expect him to eek out a 5 year career as a hbf. Being flipped in your prime is a bit of a concern.

I don't think there's many examples of someone flipping forward/back and doing well. We used Baguley as a stop gap forward but thats probably one of the reason why we've been so bad for so long.

Crossroads for him. Lets see if he can turn it around as we are crying out for some more leg speed.
Considering he only played forward at st Kilda he has technically already flipped back to defence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted #19: Nick Hind - Not offered a contract for 2025, thanks Hindy! 26/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back