Lifestyle "1983 Redux Zeitgeist Surf School"

Remove this Banner Ad

Vintage Waiting GIF by Beeld & Geluid

Today's the day my washing machine carks it with a full load of sheets and towels!
Oh joy!

Vintage Waiting GIF by Beeld & Geluid

Today's the day my washing machine carks it with a full load of sheets and towels!
Oh joy!

Hope there's a good outcome for you somewhere there. When ours carked about 8 years ago it scattered bits all through the load that was on. Do you have a laundromat that's close?

Hope there's a good outcome for you somewhere there. When ours carked about 8 years ago it scattered bits all through the load that was on. Do you have a laundromat that's close?
Thanks Moginie, what I have is the sweethearted 'Dr' Colin the washing machine repairman, who will be out tomorrow on a Sunday morning on a house call to see the patient.
Don't you love good 'old fashioned' service from an independant operator, I know I do.
It's probably the motherboard that has carked it, which might have to be sent away to be done.
Either way I'll know by tomorrow.
The machine a Fisher and Paykel, that was the last model to be built in NZ before they went off shore to China, is worth fixing rather than junking.

As to laundromats, yes, one a block away but over 35 years ago when I went there and saw someone had dumped a full ashtray in one of the machines I've never trusted it. The guy that owns it, who I've known around and about for 30 + years, lives behind the joint and spies through the peephole, is one creepy character who makes your skin crawl and never cleans the machines. I don't fancy getting ringworm any time soon.
The better option is up the road beside the Greek church on Lygon, if I have to but I have faith in Colin's ministrations.
Just one of those weeks!
So bless the Colins and repairman ilk of this town, may they live long and fruitful lives because we need them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The new old:

I've got a version that Yes did of this song. I think they did two separate versions. Jon Anderson's voice sails over the lyrics. It's an much more energetic version too.

The Josh Hawley comment; “If conservatives care about healthy towns and schools and churches, as they always say they do, they should support the kind of work and wages that nourish those institutions and make them possible,” really triggered me because they are the same people who have decried a fair wage and supported the evil neoliberal policies that have destroyed the "healthy towns and schools and churches".

Remove this Banner Ad

Lifestyle "1983 Redux Zeitgeist Surf School"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back