Lifestyle "1983 Redux Zeitgeist Surf School"

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still very flat from Friday and my voice hasn't recovered yet, but there is always something to put a smile on my face.

Our great big Plymouth chook has laid twice in two days! She hasn't laid an egg for nearly twelve months.

Put on this classic of Sydney ska an hour ago. And I was 17 and going to see them live all over again.

From the top down in terms of my collection.
No - Bee Gees
No - Boz Scaggs
Yes - ELO
Yes - Gerry Rafferty
Yes - Fleetwood Mac
Yes - Rolling Stones
No - Mental as Anything
No - Split Enz
Yes - Kate Bush
No - Bob Marley and the Wailers
No - Grease Soundtrack
Yes - The Saints

All purchased from

1726471826692.jpeg
at Doncaster Shoppingtown, where I had a Friday night / Saturday morning casual job. Get paid, buy records.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Jumping forward two years, but how good was the music in 1980! Made this playlist of songs that were released and I was listening to that year.
IMG_0730.jpeg
IMG_0731.png
IMG_0732.png IMG_0733.png
IMG_0734.png IMG_0735.png IMG_0736.png IMG_0737.png IMG_0738.png

One of the all time great songs - and great vocal performances. At 2:08 Kevin Rowland inserts a little “brdbrdbrdbrd” and the song goes next level

Wishing you 3KZ is Football and your Lions have a great day today!

And because it's September:

Thanks Pammy. I am a bit nervous, but I think we can beat Geelong. I had the most bizzare night last night. I caught up with a colleague, her partner and their baby at the MCG for the Lions training session (she goes for Sydney, he goes for Brisbane) then I went to an end of term dinner at Harlow, before attending the ‘Synthony’ performance at Margaret Court Arena.

mail

In between footy training and dinner I had two hours to kill so I caught a train to Windsor Station and wandered around my old suburb for a bit. I got some lyrics sorted for something I am working on, so it was productive and therapeutic.

IMG_0756.jpeg
IMG_0761.jpeg

This morning I have done dishes, scrubbed bathrooms and I’m about to do some gardening.

I am living in a fever dream.

Wishing you 3KZ is Football and your Lions have a great day today!

And because it's September:

It's a very special track in the moginie household. Our eldest was born on the 21st, and so we had quite a substantial bash last night combining this birthday with someone else's who had one the previous Thursday.

And the best 3KZ is Football! My support may not mean much but you've got it anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lifestyle "1983 Redux Zeitgeist Surf School"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back