19th draft pick, who would you like to see us pick up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Slightly offf topic but why in the world did we not look at that FAULKS fella that freo picked up for peanuts from the GC.

He is supposedly a ready made KPD that is very good in all areas.

We could have snared him with a 3rd/4th rounder and still got HALE/HILL and kept our 1st rounder and 2nd rounder for an outside mid.

Seems strange we didn't even know about him when that is the one area we were lacking.
spot on this guy is a bargain for freo we should have been all over him like stink on a monkey.

I'm beginning to think Watson will slip to our pick 19, it's just a hunch and he didn't finish in the top 25 of draft prospects at the combine.

Hmmmm hopefully we are onto something here, would save us pushing for a KP defender in the last day of trade week.

I'm beginning to think Watson will slip to our pick 19, it's just a hunch and he didn't finish in the top 25 of draft prospects at the combine.

Hmmmm hopefully we are onto something here, would save us pushing for a KP defender in the last day of trade week.

I hope so, fingers crossed

Jayden Pitt ( Geelong Falcons )
He's a fast outside midfielder, who is deadly by foot and knows were the goals are, has been likened to Scott Pendelbury and should be drafted late first round or early second.
Others I like- Ben Jacobs ( Dandenong Stingrays )
- Kerien Harper ( Eastern Rangers )

matt watson looks very good, very calm , good contested mark, reads the play very well similar to a brian lake, people have been saying he lacks footspeed but i think he should be fine as long as he doesnt hav to play on a buddy franklin. i think carlton will snap him up however with 17 before us or even gold coast. other players would be an outside mid or small forward. not 2 sure who they would b however

matt watson looks very good, very calm , good contested mark, reads the play very well similar to a brian lake, people have been saying he lacks footspeed but i think he should be fine as long as he doesnt hav to play on a buddy franklin. i think carlton will snap him up however with 17 before us or even gold coast. other players would be an outside mid or small forward. not 2 sure who they would b however

Yes with our pick 19 we should pick up Matthew Watson cross our fingers

Name: Matthew Watson
Height: 194cm
Weight: 99kg
DOB: 16th July 1992
Position: Tall Defender
Club: Calder Cannons
TAC Cup Statistics: http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_in...102897-8066199
Video Footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX-ew8-9GAo

Achievements:
2010 Vic Metro Team
2010 All Australian Selection
2010 TAC Cup Team of the Year
2010 TAC Cup Premiership Player
2010 Draft Camp Invite

if hes available, id go Luke Dahlhaus from Vic Country/Geelong Falcons.

saw him in the u/18 championships (the country vs metro that curtain raised one of the hawks games) and he absolutely monstered the metro guys.

only 177 cm tall, but is bloody fast, and a very accurate kick. would be a perfect option as an outside runner feeding the ball in at chest height to frankhead

Wow, just watched that footage of Watson in that game, he was a notch above everyone around him. His composure was amazing for a youngster, not to mention his build. He could walk straight into a team at AFL level.

Would be great to see someone with his strength and power, and excellent foot skills (+ 60m kicks!) in our backline, I really, really hope he makes his way to us, but unfortunately I doubt he will :(

Jed Lamb is one player I think we will have a chance of taking

He is a small forward who can also play outside mid.

He had the most efficient kick in the draft camp

Is very quick

He knows where the goals are

I know we need a Key backman but we also need pace and a small forward now Hooper is gone and Osborne is getting on.

Jed Lamb could well be the Didak type we need!
Jed Lamb - you know it makes sense

Watson looks the goods, kicking is a bit sloppy although it is long. Would have liked to see more of him chasing a man on the lead cuz he looks a bit slow.

Personally i would like to see us offload a fringe player or 2 and try to upgrade our 19 pick towards top 10. Maybe a ladson or muston etc.

I would like us to have a few more picks this year. There are too many players on our list that wont improve and are only fringe or not even that, i say get rid of them and try some fresh blokes. At least we might find a hidden gem in there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jed Lamb is one player I think we will have a chance of taking

He is a small forward who can also play outside mid.

He had the most efficient kick in the draft camp

Is very quick

He knows where the goals are

I know we need a Key backman but we also need pace and a small forward now Hooper is gone and Osborne is getting on.

Jed Lamb could well be the Didak type we need!
with you on this Buuuuuudy, Lamb have seen him play 2 or 3 times and his quick as,kicks goals and IMO would go for a quick midfielder ahead of a defender, Lamb would be every chance to play in 2011.

Watson ran 2.98 in the 20m sprint at the combine.
Which is relatively quick for a big guy.
So he does have foot speed, however he does look slow and take a while to turn around.
But don't be decieved his quicker then he looks and a ripper bloke.
Also a very excellent kick, not sloppy. 55metres and accurate

I have minimal knowledge of these young blokes but I saw 2 Calder games and know some people who went most weeks.

That Prestia kid looks like the kind of player that could add something to us. He's small but he's got a bit of c*** in him in the packs and has an element of explosiveness. Kicks the cover off it as well.

I know that a few people who followed the Cannons reckon he'll be a very good footballer in a few years and I think he's up to adding something different to our midfield rotation even next season.

No idea how highly rated he is by other clubs though so may not last till 19?

We have huge backman stocks with stratton, shoey, milne all coming through well. Run and carry should be the key elements and especially disposal by foot. Birch doesn't miss his targets and when he has the ball you know that it is going down field quickly. Need more of faster and clean disposal of the footy type players.
Our forward structure will be much better without Barker because I don't think it was his strong point. Listle will move forward and shoey can head there too for a bigger body. Our problem will be in a couple of years with mid fielders. We need to keep stocking up here. Move KP on and free up some rookie list area for guys to run and carry the pill. We have stocked piled key post players but need a small army of runners.

Remove this Banner Ad

19th draft pick, who would you like to see us pick up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back