1st 3 Mobile Ashes Test @ Brisbane (Thu-Mon)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
bill is a ********ing idiot

Elliot and Strauss together

BILL HE DOES NOT PLAY FOR US

Arnberger And Jewell are the best opening compo in the league

hopefully arnberger will be bak soon

Arnie is still injured, I can not see him playing for the Vics again.

Another good day for the Aussies today.

What is happening with over rates at the moment today 84 overs(6 short) after the 30 minutes of extra time surely something should be done about that.

Andrew Strauss won't be hooking/pulling again for a little while

Absolutely superb delivery to get Cook, he was unlucky that he nicked that, that was an absolute corker. Why Collingwood thought he needed to drive aggressively when they were two down, who knows.

Warnie bowled an over, not one of his best, the first one was an absolute long hop (not a flipper contrary to belief, the flipper was the fourth ball), and only probably landed two leg breaks well. Action looks dodgy, too round-armed, but he'll fix it, he always does.

By the looks of it, the Poms better pull their finger out or this could be over by tomorrow

Flintoff has been appalling. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of his as a cricketer, and he bowled well.

But his captaincy was dismal. No aggressive field placements; hell - no imagination at all. He got the worst possible performance out of Harmison by taking him off after two overs - in which Harmison, for all his random delivery - had twice got thick edges out of Langer. Flintoff demonstrated confidence in only one England bowler, and that was a bloke called Flintoff. He left the rest of his bowlers to their own devices.

Great player. Awful captain.

Just like to say GOOD LUCK to all my lovely Aus friends .

I hope both teams perform to the best of their ability and then there can be no arguements.

By the way the Aus team isnt really old ,past it and dependent on Warne :D hope that takes out the tempting fate bit

England
England
England
England
England
England
England

I will stop now or I will lose my voice
Here is our friend linda.Unfortunately, it seems linda has lost internet connection and has been unable to post since the start of the first test.We all at BigFooty hope that linda's computer makes a speedy recovery.

All our love and best wishes for you and your computer linda.I say that with all sincerity given the other two pommies have at least shown up to cop their serves, and I'd personally hate for you to lose the little cred that you had to begin with.All the best on a quick recovery. :) :thumbsu:

I think Freddie has played extremely well the past two days and I expect he will for the rest of the series. He'll be like Warne was for us last year.

But the Poms made a bad decision in making him captain. And I know I'm stating the obvious here but there's too much on his plate and he's still recovery from his ankle injury.

I also thought Hoggard bowled well too. Ponting was plumb as.

And on a final note, a great day for the Aussies.

What is happening with over rates at the moment today 84 overs(6 short) after the 30 minutes of extra time surely something should be done about that.

Poms abysmal with the overs- mind you, they had their heads down a lot of the day.

25 overs for Australia to bowl in the last hour of play- then they added on the half hour. Australia are no angels with over rates, but BOTH sides suck at that- the punters forking out good cash for their cricket deserve to see a full day of play- not 84 overs.

One good thing- Gabba has excellent lights...should be able to play through until 5:30 every day.

Good effort by our guys so far. Still 3 more days to play and we need a win not a draw. We need to knock England over quick and put them back in for a repeat dose. No holding back! No point batting them into oblivion and give them time to save the game.
Cheers
Russ

Poms abysmal with the overs- mind you, they had their heads down a lot of the day.

25 overs for Australia to bowl in the last hour of play- then they added on the half hour. Australia are no angels with over rates, but BOTH sides suck at that- the punters forking out good cash for their cricket deserve to see a full day of play- not 84 overs.

One good thing- Gabba has excellent lights...should be able to play through until 5:30 every day.
If Brisbane wasnt behind the rest of the country they wouldnt need lights at 5:30

So Australia bowled a whole 17 overs in 90 minutes? Thats shocking

If Brisbane wasnt behind the rest of the country they wouldnt need lights at 5:30

So Australia bowled a whole 17 overs in 90 minutes? Thats shocking

Actually, more like 75 minutes- change of innings. Still, as i said- neither is all that great. And they did lose some time with the Lee injury- he got some treatment on the field. But your boys sucked at getting overs in the first two days. FACT

Brisbane has lights because they are closer to the equator- less daylight during the summer months, more during the winter...learn your geography, eddie.

And the lights work superbly, brilliant efforts with day/night matches.

By the way, hope you didn't blink during Slopster's knock- you would have missed it.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly what I was thinking

On top of my 500 posts I will predict another 500 asking where I am whenever something goes Australias way as they complain about me posting too much especially when my teams are doing well then complain when I aint on when they are doing badly as if its deliberate

Makes enjoyable reading when I get back on though :D

Hope you are enjoying the reading, ed....:thumbsu: :D

And you were right on another point- the Aussie fans have nothing to worry about.....and no break between here and Adelaide- make 'em suffer more.

Time to put 'em away, Punter!

Very quiet leading in to start of play- maybe folks are busy today....

ding dong and butterfingers on the field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back