Autopsy 1st Prelim Final: Sydney v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Might've been great for North to make a prelim for their fans but it didn't make for much of a spectacle though, Sydney v Freo two weeks ago was more worthy of a prelim.

This game was an armchair ride for the Swans into a GF, prelims should be close and hard fought finals, but this game had the intensity of a H&A game.

One of the worst prelims in living memory.

Can't expect to be competitive in a prelim when carrying blokes like Black, Jacobs and Wells. Obviously way too much Swans firepower up forward for North's backs to handle. The difference in forward defensive pressure by the two teams was enormous; a real struggle for North it out of their own 50, while the Swans were streaming out of theirs like it was a training run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What can I say...

North were expected to play in 1 final this year. We played 3. Regardless of how tonight went, we've exceeded any expectations of us in 2014.
We played the top side in the comp, interstate and after they'd had the week off. Meanwhile, we played in a very tough final against Geelong and were without the key to our backline, Lachie Hansen,

If we had the week off and Hansen back in, do we win? No, but it's more around a 30 point loss instead of the 70 point loss we saw tonight. In the end, Sydney were too good and North were too exhausted after two very tough finals.

Sydney will be a tough team to beat in the Grand Final but I'll be cheering for Hawthorn. As for North, we can only get better from here. Petrie is still a good KPF and Harvey, although a lackluster game, had a close to AA year this year. Our improvement will come from young guns such as Cunnington, Ziebell, Atley, McDonald, Brown, Turner, etc. getting more games into them. I'm obviously disappointed by tonight's game, but North aren't going anywhere. :)

Bigger and better things for us in 2015, but well done to the Swans tonight. Deserved winners.

Luke Parker was picked with something like the 914th pick. Kennedy was not good enough for Hawthorn. Goodes himself was another low pick.

This club has done a lot of things very well over the last 15-20 years and only ridiculous trolls put their success down to 2 players possibly getting 9% more than they would have elsewhere. They have more of the ball than their opposition almost every week and yet they still manage more tackles almost every week. They're a fantastic club at every level and other clubs would be better off learning from them than sooking about them.

I find it very difficult to see anything other than a Sydney win next week, no matter who the opposition is.

Same way Hawthorn dealt with them earlier in the year.
By scoring more than the opposition you are effectively minimising the impact those forwards have. Sydney can go ahead and have 10 kicked between those 4, but Port/Hawthorn, who are typically high scoring teams, need not to worry.

I think that’s one of the few truths in footy!

Once again, the midfield battle is where the game will be won or lost.
Envious of the hawks midfield and clean skills…going to be a ripping match tomorrow!

Impressive by the Swans. Hope the Hawks get up tomorrow then the 2 best teams for the year go at it.
Not to deprecate what Port achieved this year but I think next 2 years will see them get to the big one.
If they do make it through it will still be a worthy Grand Final.

Luke Parker was picked with something like the 914th pick. Kennedy was not good enough for Hawthorn. Goodes himself was another low pick.

This club has done a lot of things very well over the last 15-20 years and only ridiculous trolls put their success down to 2 players possibly getting 9% more than they would have elsewhere.
They have more of the ball than their opposition almost every week and yet they still manage more tackles almost every week. They're a fantastic club at every level and other clubs would be better off learning from them than sooking about them.

I find it very difficult to see anything other than a Sydney win next week, no matter who the opposition is.

This, with cheese, fries and a frosty beverage yo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 1st Prelim Final: Sydney v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back