1st XVIII Aps teams for next year

Remove this Banner Ad

macca69 said:
anyone know of any praccy games coming up? Only one of know of during the holidays is that Wesley play Carey on Thursday.
Battle of the cellar-dwellers.
Wesley to win - just.

blue&gold fever said:
Thats great news for Cats fans, though you have to think there may be a chance he wouldnt want to go to Geelong. This reason being they have Playfair, Ablett, Lonergan and Gamble who r all tall key position forwards and all at a fairly young age, but still i think he would b a sick recruit.

Can't have enough talls, just ask the doggie supporters out there (by the way Gamble is 184cm, you may be thinking of McCarthy or West??). There's also no guarantee that the other current talls will be on our list come November with trades and delistings and so forth.

Hawkins is something special from all reports and you don't let that sort of talent slip through the net. I have heard that he's keen to come to the cats to follow in his old mans footprints and also to play alongside his sisters boyfriend, who currently wears the number 3 guernsey for the catters.

Still interested to know about his Melbourne Grammer team mate, full forward Bryan Vance. Any Grammer boys out there who could shed some light???

Bryan is concentrating on school cricket. Played a couple of praccys with chargers but now stopped. Will play in centre square with Ellis,Hawkins and Measures for MGS. Pretty handy school team!

davo4030 said:
Battle of the cellar-dwellers.
Wesley to win - just.

turn it up davo your comments are all un educated and spindoctor knowledge wesley won comfortably and should have one by more

Rosso said:
Can't have enough talls, just ask the doggie supporters out there (by the way Gamble is 184cm, you may be thinking of McCarthy or West??). There's also no guarantee that the other current talls will be on our list come November with trades and delistings and so forth.

Hawkins is something special from all reports and you don't let that sort of talent slip through the net. I have heard that he's keen to come to the cats to follow in his old mans footprints and also to play alongside his sisters boyfriend, who currently wears the number 3 guernsey for the catters.

Still interested to know about his Melbourne Grammer team mate, full forward Bryan Vance. Any Grammer boys out there who could shed some light???

yeah hawkins is a gun mate shoe in to play down at the catters next year you wouldn't believe the impact this bloke has on the side could be the next jono brown i think we will be watching him taking marks at skilled stadium for the next 15 years also your question about vance he has had an incredible pre-season and come back a new shape and new player he is lighting quick now and quite stronger has alot to prove and should be given every oppurtunity this year i wouldn't count him out of a go with the big boys either his skills are exceptional

macca69 said:
anyone know of any praccy games coming up? Only one of know of during the holidays is that Wesley play Carey on Thursday.

melb grammar played st kevins in a close encounter melb grammar won not by much it was more of a muck around game in sloppy conditions though st kevins and grammar both had a few players out st kevins played alot of yr 11's and should be a force next year melb grammar are looking to blossum this year

pj23 said:
yeah hawkins is a gun mate shoe in to play down at the catters next year you wouldn't believe the impact this bloke has on the side could be the next jono brown i think we will be watching him taking marks at skilled stadium for the next 15 years also your question about vance he has had an incredible pre-season and come back a new shape and new player he is lighting quick now and quite stronger has alot to prove and should be given every oppurtunity this year i wouldn't count him out of a go with the big boys either his skills are exceptional

Cheers pj23, you've made my day. Thanks for the info.:thumbsu:

Apart from a fairly poor first half, Wesley had a convincing win against Carey. Would have been by more as well, except for some poor conversion. Things are definately looking up for this side I would say as Wesley looked good in their first real hitout.

rgds

Tim Powell should impress if he gets a run in the 1s this year. He's got pace, leads hard, not that tall but plays like a tall, doesn't miss set shots inside the arc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TeamBlues said:
Nope, there haven't been any praccy matches, but he'll do it tough with Jacobs currently in the FF position.

hmm, haven't heard of Jacobs, would u mind telling me what he is like as a player?

edit - did Jacobs play FF last year? My mate told me that Scotch's FF last year had an excellent pair of hands, best in the APS in fact. Also kicked a bucketload of goals last year too apparantly. How good do u reakon he is?

Jacobs is massive and pretty quick on the lead. His strength is awesome and he's a pretty smart player. Good kick as well, doesn't miss many

He is an absolute monster, he's won the APS open shotput competition for the past 2 years I think. His strength is definitely his biggest asset (no pun intended), but I doubt anybody in the APS could out muscle him (barring the Dougal Medleys of the comp), and he doesn't miss many.

So he is a really strong forward, who is also quick on the lead and has excellent hands, sounds a handy player:p. Is he more of a sit at home FF (like Alistair Lynch) or a genuine leading forward (like Lloyd)

macca69 said:
So he is a really strong forward, who is also quick on the lead and has excellent hands, sounds a handy player:p. Is he more of a sit at home FF (like Alistair Lynch) or a genuine leading forward (like Lloyd)
Would you also like me to get you his address?...

TeamBlues said:
Would you also like me to get you his address?...

I'm just surprised that I don't know anything about this guy, he sounds an excellent prospect yet I don't have a sense of him. Did he miss a few games last year or something. Any reason he isn't on a TAC list? I am sure there are many teams after a strong, quick FF, with excellent hands, who is a great set-shot for goal. He seems to be the perfect FF, I am just curious as to why I have hardly heard about him at all.

Scotch 1sts as i see it:

FB R. Mcdougal R.Porter E.Whitelaw
HB T.Yeo D.Sheetz T.Burnett
C T.Mead N.Djekkura L.Hill
HF W.Davis S.Sherwen J. Rioli
FF A. McDonald P.Jacobs S.Rioli
Fo R.Njoku N.Smith C.O'Shannesy

A very competitive side.
Great on ball depth with Mead, Burnett and Rioli who can play in there with the best of them. And Njoku whose a massive unit with a equally massive leap.
Good talls with Sherwen and Scheetz who can interchange with ease.
Great experiance with 14 of these 18 with 1sts games under their belt.

Remove this Banner Ad

1st XVIII Aps teams for next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back