Universal Love 2. Dylan Grimes Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

you'd think,

But with all due respect to the crayfish, not sure he deserves the lap of honour with the other two.
What's the odds of Martin showing?
Be flying to Vegas as we speak.

Naismith is the other extreme from Grimes in terms of career, but still played for the club.

With the amount of departures, maybe he stays and plays 10 games - but more importantly is a backline mentor/coach guiding the next batch of youngsters. Could be win win.
But if he wants to retire then all the best to him. Hope the club keeps him involved if only a part timer coaching capacity.

Talk about getting the best out of yourself - this guy is the epitomy of that.

A champion. One day I'll get to his winery and taste the good stuff.

Absolute champion of our 3 premierships era.

Reckon he should retire. He's cooked.

But if he cna stay on as a mentor and coach it would be great. Very smart guy who knows how to get the best out of himself.

As much as I like Grimesy ... and absolutely love what he's done ... but if he's on the list as a player next year, we are in worse shape that I thought as a club.

He was done midway through a poor 2023 season.
Why would you let him go on aftre being mediocre in all five games played this year?
We seem to be content making dumb-a**e decisions.

As much as I like Grimesy ... and absolutely love what he's done ... but if he's on the list as a player next year, we are in worse shape that I thought as a club.

He was done midway through a poor 2023 season.
Why would you let him go on aftre being mediocre in all five games played this year?
We seem to be content making dumb-a**e decisions.
Contract Payout is the reason he will play on next year

With a mass exodus coming, I don't mind if Grimes plays on... Our backline are gonna get smashed anyway
And hang on for two years too long? Surely not.
Need some leadership around the inexperienced backline.

Who knows could retire mid season next year giving us an easy pick
Vlastuin and Balta.

Strange he hasn’t announced his retirement yet. Is there a chance he stays on the list for another year purely as a mentor and coach given we won’t be stretched for lost spots given the departures and we can effectively pay him via the TPP instead of the soft cap?
surely he or the club aren't think about going around again.
time has come to hand over the defence to a new leader.
Unforgettable player and with respect.. it's time to join the wife and concentrate on the wine life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought they extended him last year until end of this year only. Didn’t think he had a contract for next year.
Pretty sure he only got this year , so gone at the end of the year I reckon

Need some leadership around the inexperienced backline.

Who knows could retire mid season next year giving us an easy pick
Inexperienced backline? Broad, Miller, Vlastuin, Balta, Short. Gibcus will be back, Trezise has a cool head on him. Smith is ready to go. Brown, Banks, Blight and a few others. Grimes stays he will take the place of a Trezise or Smith and that is not needed. Reckon he'll be doing a lap with Dusty.

I have a theory and if correct I doubt very much he’ll be playing on next season.
Tell Pulp Fiction GIF

Players take an agreed upon pay cut to stay under the salary cap,eg. in order to bring in elite players such as Lynch etc. The payoff is made in the form of an extra year on their contract, regardless. It’s a bonus year, a thank you for that salary sacrifice, all the while we’re scratching our heads wondering why they’re still on our list when they’re not performing.
Just a theory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love 2. Dylan Grimes Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back