Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson - retires from AFL after 122gms (54 CFC/68 NM) & 130gls (76 CFC/56 NM) - '18 RS - NM will pay out contract - go well Sleevo

Remove this Banner Ad

People will probably come at me for this but my opinion is he has been coached really poorly by Clarkson.

Clarkson has never really done that well with outside players. The ones that dont like physical contact.

Brad Hill the only one that comes to mind from his Hawthorn days but he was clearly protected by Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis. It was right place right time for Hill. Cyril doesnt fall into this category.

I can't think of one player form Hawthorns successful era that was like Stephenson. Now eveyr club has multiples of them. Even the so claled best player in the comp form Collingwood is scared of physical contact.

Stephensons good games for us have been really good. His bad have been really bad.

If he stays on, i just hope he is given a role that he can stick with all season, regardless of AFL or VFL selection. If he plays forward, lets not throw the toys out of the cot when he has a low possession game. If he plays back, lets not torch him for making a mistake.

He is still one of the most talented on the list.
Chance Bateman?

7 completed years as an AFL footballer.

1 great year-2018
1 good-2021
2 ok-2019, 2023
3 below avarage/poor

His formline reads the same at both clubs if I'm honest. Year 1 very good, year 2 ok, year 3 inconsistent to poor.

I think he sees his contract out, but I won't be bothered if they call it time tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How come this guys exit interview has leaked but nobody else’s has….?
My money is on the club deliberately leaking it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson - retires from AFL after 122gms (54 CFC/68 NM) & 130gls (76 CFC/56 NM) - '18 RS - NM will pay out contract - go well Sleevo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back