Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm done with this bloke. Honestly, just no.

Pay him out for next year and let him play in the EDFL where he can run rings around blokes for 150k a year.

He is NOT helping this team win our next flag in any shape or form. He makes no one around him better. He's not a defender, he has no determination, no leadership just nothing. He's a waste of resources and for a bloke thats years into a career that just cannot tackle or kick with any reliability pack your bags.

So who’s going to Stevo’s farewell game then? 😉 Hope he makes something of this chance but just don’t see it happening. Can’t see him playing down back either
We all knew it would end this way.

Schitts Creek Goodbye GIF by CBC

It wasn't that long ago that our list was so bad that regardless of who we brought in from the reserves to replace an injured or under-performing player it didn't make any difference to the end result whatsoever.

Whilst we still have some work to do on our list / best 22 we are in such a better position now if a player gets injured or is under-performing as we are able to reward VFL form; Will Phillips, Curtis Taylor, Robert Hansen Jr and Jaiydn Stephenson are all examples of this.

So rather than bemoan the fact that we're giving Jaiydn Stephenson another game be pleased that the club has evolved to a point where there is competition for most spots and we finally have some reasonable depth.
I take it all back. I was wrong you were all right to question his inclusion, he is f*cking useless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we please never draft or recruit a player of his body type again?

He is like a 14 year old boy playing against men.

If a player doesn’t seemingly has the body shape to put on muscle we shouldn’t even entertain drafting them.

Stevo, Scott, Bergman, Taylor that’s far too many under developed bodies on an AFL list.

He’s so soft Dylan Stephens could hang shit on him.

Can I lock these ****ing players in a room and ask them, what are you doing here? What do you want out of this? Your career? Because if you’re gonna work your entire childhood-teenage life to get to the premier leagues and then get a fat paycheque and then decide “nup thats it I don’t need to try anymore” that’s not how this works, that’s not what this club or that jumper represents.

**** off and stop wasting the time of the club and the supporters with hoping for the best, if you don’t care why the **** should we.

He still racked up 16 kicks, 10 handballs and 3 tackles, 88% de @69% game time. While his game appeared to be a car crash in slow motion, and I assumed he was going to be subbed out. I’m not sure Clarkson is going to drop him without giving him another shot down there based on how he rewards players this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back