Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

Literally could be nothing to see here.
He hurt his hand last Thursday at training and track watchers said he participated fully and was even taking the majority of kickouts.

I just found it super strange he wasn’t mentioned in any injury reports when in the past, blokes have been listed in injury reports as “available” and “suspended”
Wasn't picked again this week. Could be the last we see of him in a North jumper.

Bizzare end to the season as he played an integral role in our win against Richmond, was probably best on in the last qtr when he moved up to the wing.

Missed the West Coast game with “injury” and then not selected last two games and rumoured to be gone.

No intel but I wonder if he messed up again off the field?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a front runner. If we were playing consistently good footy he would be a much better player. Has the skills - just not many mates to share them with. Drops his head too easily then and that's his day. Not unhappy if they are really pi55ing him off but I reckon if we are paying him out then play him out. At least he has the basics if we can pump him up. Plenty of others to get rid of before him.

He's a front runner. If we were playing consistently good footy he would be a much better player. Has the skills - just not many mates to share them with. Drops his head too easily then and that's his day. Not unhappy if they are really pi55ing him off but I reckon if we are paying him out then play him out. At least he has the basics if we can pump him up. Plenty of others to get rid of before him.
Sadly i do agree re others, such a poor list.

Think he’s worth keeping and giving him the final year of his contract to make the other wing his own. At his best, he offers more than Dylan Stevens but unfortunately we haven’t seen his best apart from that West Coast game in 2022.

What would magically change in 2025 that he finally becomes a player able to stand his ground, defend, and not be a complete liability in any contest or ball in dispute situation?

He’s an absolute cat and no amount of time on the wing was going to give him that spot. All the good wingers in the comp are the hardest workers, running up and down the ground. That’s not Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back