Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't leave 5-600k on the table, never made much sense. He played well in the two's, didn't look like a bloke that had dropped his bundle or given up. Having said that, I don't know we'll see much improvement. Be nice if he really applied himself and nailed a wing for us but it looks unlikely.
2 words,

Margin call.

I'm glad to hear he's had a harsh exit meeting with some conditioning standards. I'm assuming instead of eating a piece of lettuce a day, he can actually eat or bulk up healthy. Must train hard or I feel like he's done

Get the feeling that he wasn't the only one that had a rough exit meeting.
We've won less than 15 games in 6 years or some shit. If there's anyone except Sheezel who came out of their exit interview anything other than extremely clear about where they sit and what they need to do to improve, I'll go he

Good that Clarko tells these campaigners to get to work
Viney and him told Larkey he was in the "unprepared" group the previous season. Clearly these guys had no idea what's required, looking forward to another massive preseason. The 2nd big offseason paid off for the Dees and Pies massively.

I’d move him on… (it’s) the greatest waste of money right now in the AFL,” Jon Ralph added, suggesting the Roos should cut ties with the club 12 months before his current contract ends and exchange him for some high tea , high class, boutique sandwiches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Viney and him told Larkey he was in the "unprepared" group the previous season. Clearly these guys had no idea what's required, looking forward to another massive preseason. The 2nd big offseason paid off for the Dees and Pies massively.
As in Larkey wasn’t prepared?
Yeah you’re definitely right, they have no idea. And you don’t even need stats to show you who’s knows what it takes

As in Larkey wasn’t prepared?
Yeah you’re definitely right, they have no idea. And you don’t even need stats to show you who’s knows what it takes
Anybody not in AFL shape or conditioned enough was "unprepared" for AFL footy I would guess.
I think it shocked Nick but to his credit he went onto have an AA year, so the work he did paid off.
They need to go again and prepare themselves like Sheezel. What Sheez does for recovery is starting to catch on.

Anybody not in AFL shape or conditioned enough was "unprepared" for AFL footy I would guess.
I think it shocked Nick but to his credit he went onto have an AA year, so the work he did paid off.
They need to go again and prepare themselves like Sheezel. What Sheez does for recovery is starting to catch on.

Hes on his last chance - shape up or **** off

See whether he can find the weights room lol

Last edited:
The good thing is in 3 months we will see how he turns up and if he looks like he has come back fit and strong, we have a high half forward that can kick goals, if not, BP for VFL.

If we can turn him back to the U18 player he was, he can still make something of himself.

Confidence player. I recall him playing a great game soon after a new haircut.

Hasn’t been the same since his hairline slightly receded. Can’t be a coincidence.

Only preseason he needs is a visit with Ashley and Martin.

One appointment away from an AA season. Have faith.
So a Brazilian wax should do the job, right?

So a Brazilian wax should do the job, right?
That, or a stint in a Brazilian prison. Not sure the AFLPA would support the latter option. But, to paraphrase the sporting legend that is Patches O’Houlihan, if you can dodge a shiv then you can dodge a tackle.

Last edited:
Confidence player. I recall him playing a great game soon after a new haircut.

Hasn’t been the same since his hairline slightly receded. Can’t be a coincidence.

Only preseason he needs is a visit with Ashley and Martin.

One appointment away from an AA season. Have faith.
Hahaa funny you say that - I remember against Carlton in the GF game I was sitting close to the wing and I heard one of the Hollands brothers making comment to Stepho about his hairline

Hahaa funny you say that - I remember against Carlton in the GF game I was sitting close to the wing and I heard one of the Hollands brothers making comment to Stepho about his hairline
Be a bit rich if coming from Elijah. Got a head like a crushed savoy.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

People will probably come at me for this but my opinion is he has been coached really poorly by Clarkson.

Clarkson has never really done that well with outside players. The ones that dont like physical contact.

Brad Hill the only one that comes to mind from his Hawthorn days but he was clearly protected by Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis. It was right place right time for Hill. Cyril doesnt fall into this category.

I can't think of one player form Hawthorns successful era that was like Stephenson.
Matt Suckling?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back