Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked good there vs tigers

should be playing more mins there next year
Over selling it, he had an incredibly poor first half and somewhat made up for it in the last quarter
That doesn't erase the lack of effort when you have to win a contest. And a player of his talent shouldn't be kicking balls out on the full under little pressure. That stuff is contagious and spreads like a disease through this team.
1 year to salvage it with hard work or we move on because he does not have it takes to physically (hasn't changed his conditioning) and mentally to work hard and compete at the level required on game day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno, not too fussed if he stays or goes - he does strike me as a contract year player though, so maybe worth keeping on lol
If he stays & has a year out of the box in 2025 I'd keep him on 1 year contracts from then on.
If another club came sniffing with a 2 or 3 year offer then move him on for a 2nd round pick.

If he stays & has a year out of the box in 2025 I'd keep him on 1 year contracts from then on.
If another club came sniffing with a 2 or 3 year offer then move him on for a 2nd round pick.

The only club dumb enough to pay a 2nd round pick for him would be us. Jesus christ almighty 😂😂 what would you pay for Petrucelle? Because that’s the best comparison - a middle aged fringe player at a shit side whose best asset is some fringe tier athleticism and has shown repeatedly they can’t win any disputed ball

Youd think that with all the one year deals they've been putting out this week, the retiring rumour is more and more likely to be true.

We're running out of players to delist.

Now I don't know anything about Jaidyn other than what I have seen on field. I do know however that in an organisation when someone doesn't buy in to the culture and best practice of that organisation he/she can become a very negative influence. I don't know for certain that is Jaidyn, maybe he is just very laconic but this year in particular he really hasn't looked interested. He's 25 now, whilst change is always possible I just don't see it happening for him. For the sake of the team I think we would be better parting ways. He's now at the age when he should be showing leadership to our promising youngsters. If he stays on the list and comes back a much better version of himself I would be thrilled for him. But sadly the thing about leopards and spots, is more likely than not, to be true in his case.

Now I don't know anything about Jaidyn other than what I have seen on field. I do know however that in an organisation when someone doesn't buy in to the culture and best practice of that organisation he/she can become a very negative influence. I don't know for certain that is Jaidyn, maybe he is just very laconic but this year in particular he really hasn't looked interested. He's 25 now, whilst change is always possible I just don't see it happening for him. For the sake of the team I think we would be better parting ways. He's now at the age when he should be showing leadership to our promising youngsters. If he stays on the list and comes back a much better version of himself I would be thrilled for him. But sadly the thing about leopards and spots, is more likely than not, to be true in his case.
Well let me tell you something… we do things a little differently around here. When they don’t buy into the culture and organisation we do things like promote them to captains, or even the leadership group (magoo)

We are really not

unless we somehow have a ton of players wanting to get traded to us

Hope you are at least doing a bit of research into a new avatar just in case.

Youd think that with all the one year deals they've been putting out this week, the retiring rumour is more and more likely to be true.

We're running out of players to delist.
The retiring rumour is just that a rumour, was refuted by Glenn McFarlane in an article a couple of weeks ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back