Toast 20 Days until Round 1 against North

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 24 Days until Round 1 against North

lets face it. north are COWARDS. and then we play port and the suns. lol

frankly if the dons aren't 3-0 with a 150+% going into the carton game i'll know that the list is full of frauds and bank some free money betting against my own team. i don't think they are though, hoping for 4-1 after rnd 5

Let's hope a similar result as rd 1 last year, can't afford to drop easy games like we usually do!!!!!

Would be very disappointed if we don't start the season 3 and 0. We need to get back into our good habits quickly. Our last hit out was a very poor display

Will Wells be right for round 1 for them?

Cant wait for the ruck battle. We know how good Goldstein is and what he produced last year whilst HMac seems to be leading the way this year with some impressive performances.

Who will play against them and will they hold up? Ryder, TBELL, Hille

Re: 22 Days until Round 1 against North

Do Grima, Ziebell or Wells is the word from roos camp

We should beat them with those in let alone out. We look pretty 100% with our players just needing 2 good hitouts to lead into the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do Grima, Ziebell or Wells is the word from roos camp

We should beat them with those in let alone out. We look pretty 100% with our players just needing 2 good hitouts to lead into the game.
I'm going to assume you meant to write "No" instead of "Do" in which case you are wrong. Not only is wells going to play round 1 but he is going to play this sunday.

As for your 2nd comment assuming you would beat us with or without those players is bias and silly considering we beat you last year and have a good record against you, 7 of the last 10 games IIRC.

I'm going to assume you meant to write "No" instead of "Do" in which case you are wrong. Not only is wells going to play round 1 but he is going to play this sunday.

As for your 2nd comment assuming you would beat us with or without those players is bias and silly considering we beat you last year and have a good record against you, 7 of the last 10 games IIRC.

Yes posted before the wells inclusion this week. Will be interesting to see how he takes a few big knocks.

Yeh i meant "NO"

History is history. What im saying as an essendon supporter id be backing my team to beat yours come round 1. If i was a roos supporter id equally have the right to expect my team to beat essendon. Its one of those. You back your team in, in these 50/50 contest.

Without Ziebell, Grima we will see how Wells goes id back ourselves in and expect to be favourites.

Im one of the few who like both clubs, no one kill me. :cool:

Who's likely to be missing from you guys, if anyone?

Who's likely to be missing from you guys, if anyone?

Caddy, but he will be around next year :p

Dont think the dons will be without anyone if the game was played tomorrow. Hopefully thats the way come round 1 proper. You guys seem to be missing Grima and Ziebell.

Will be some good matchups

LT vs Dempsey
Patch vs Heppell
Edwards vs Hardingham
HMAC (resting) vs Fletcher
Petrie vs Hooker
Tarrant? vs Pears

Swallow vs Hocking
Harvey vs Hibberd (stanton H2H maybe)
Wells vs Stanton
Bastinac vs Melksham
Watson vs Cunnington
Tbell vs Goldstein

Unsure on your defenders and line up down back
Hurley vs Delaney
Carlisle (if forward if played) vs Hansen
Crameri vs Firrito
Unsure who takes our resting ruck (Ryder)
Zaka vs Jmac/Atley

Macmahon vs Davey, which ever small forward plays closest to goal.

I don't know your guys well enough to judge your match-ups, but you seem to have a pretty good handle on our likely team.

Thompson needs to be added to our backline KA. We too are unsure of the back six. There are some arguing Firrito is no longer a lock, and should pave way for the likes of Atley who will provide more run. But with Grima out, it leaves us somewhat inexperienced.

The Ryder question adds weight to my argument that Pedersen should at least be on our bench, although others think we're too tall if he's included.

You'd have to include Harper in there somewhere, plus another on the bench (Speight, Garlett, Wright, Campbell...?)

THANKFULLY there are some things to look forward to in between.

Family Day tomorrow (I live up the road so might as well call in).

Pract match next Sunday Vs Brisbane at Visy Park.

Season Launch 19th March

*maybe a pract match the weekend of 24th for those players requiring it (coming back from injury)

But yes it's A LONG WAIT!

THANKFULLY there are some things to look forward to in between.

Family Day tomorrow (I live up the road so might as well call in).

Pract match next Sunday Vs Brisbane at Visy Park.

Season Launch 19th March

*maybe a pract match the weekend of 24th for those players requiring it (coming back from injury)

But yes it's A LONG WAIT!

Will be no practice match per se on the weekend of the 24th - But EFC can obtain permission from the AFL for some listed players to play for Bendigo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast 20 Days until Round 1 against North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back