20 Disposals and a goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahahahaha

The poor OP even had to reassure people it isn’t about Dusty beforehand to avoid backlash. But course you guys couldn’t help yourselves and frothed at the mouth at the mere mention of his name. You especially have contributed nothing to this thread. So yeah like I said get lost.

Yes we can clearly see here the first Geelong poster to froth at the mouth over it….

Just look at the first 10 posts you moron.

And there is nothing wrong with my post. It’s true isn’t it. See how much it bothers you with a small praise of Dusty. I’m not comparing him to anybody else in that comment literally just the stat and I actually complemented everybody on that list. So stfu

Just look at the first 10 posts you moron.

And there is nothing wrong with my post. It’s true isn’t it. See how much it bothers you with a small praise of Dusty. I’m not comparing him to anybody else in that comment literally just the stat and I actually complemented everybody on that list. So stfu

Yes, ‘you moron’ it’s a couple of people pointing out quite rightly that it was going to be a predictable outcome.

And pray tell, what was your first contribution to that outcome?

See above.

Yes, ‘you moron’ it’s a couple of people pointing out quite rightly that it was going to be a predictable outcome.

See above.

Read my previous comment to you.

You literally tried to claim that the OP made clear it wasn’t going to be a thread about Dustin Martin until the Cats fans made it about him.

You made the first Martin specific post

Are you serious READ THE FIRST 10 POSTS MORON

You too Fadge with your little gimp suit.

I was wondering when you were going to notice I stole one from your wardrobe.

Luckily you have plenty of backups.

Don’t look for refuge here after copping it from the Carlton v Collingwood thread. You’re the clown of BF. Made another Sportsbet bet mate? Daisy Thomas is offering good deals I hear

Don’t look for refuge here after copping it from the Carlton v Collingwood thread. You’re the clown of BF. Made another Sportsbet bet mate? Daisy Thomas is offering good deals I hear
All badges of honor as far as I'm concerned.

And anyone with any degree of intellect reading that thread would be well aware who had all the answers in that back and forth, and who (like you) just went for the gaslighting and personal insults (for example, your meaningless, but standard, contributions).

Anyway, I thought you were no longer replying to me?

All badges of honor as far as I'm concerned.

And anyone with any degree of intellect reading that thread would be well aware who had all the answers in that back and forth, and who (like you) just went for the gaslighting and personal insults (for example, your meaningless, but standard, contributions).

“Degree of Intellect”

Then proceeds to refer to “personal insults”

Oh my…

Fadge go to bed it’s past 3pm

But we did. I just go back to the 50s to do it. That’s the lengths I have to go to in order to deal with it - time travel

Flags before '61 don't count :cool::cool::cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at the rolling teams through the year, he was Mr Invisible. So of course his contention for the squad of 40 was in dispute. Before his fast finish he wasn't being mentioned at all.

However...if you need it that badly I can pretend Martin was locked in everyone's squad of 40 all year.

It is seriously funny that I have to do this for you.

So after the AA squad was selected nobody disputed Martin’s selection in that squad? Because this is what you said had happened. But that’s ok… we’ve now clarified no neutrals or anyone was critical of his AA squad selection. So you made that part up. We got there eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

See above.

In fairness, the people who complain most about threads derailing into Dustin Martin focussed threads are the people who post the most in the Dustin Martin focussed threads.

Richmond supporters passion to push their man up and boast about his achievements is probably understandable, given he was the key figure in turning Tiger supporters annual humiliation into 4-years of footy following heaven. Albeit of course we are a touch obsessive (I put my hand up high here).

Geelong and Collingwood supporters obsessiveness to get involved in Dustin Martin related threads with an obsession they don’t show to their own team or players is a little harder to understand. Particularly when those comments and replies to Martin posts are followed up with complaints of all the Martin related posts … of which they’ve made the majority ….

Just weird.

So after the AA squad was selected nobody disputed Martin’s selection in that squad? Because this is what you said had happened. But that’s ok… we’ve now clarified no neutrals or anyone was critical of his AA squad selection. So you made that part up. We got there eventually.

Re-read the thread if you can't actually remember the details. When a player has basically not featured in anyone's rolling team all year (nor after the squad announcement), it is commonsense that their position in the initial squad was not "a lock". It wasn't going to be a controversial decision either way. Whereas, judging by people's best 22, Martin in the final side would've been. You thought he missed by a whisker and was unlucky. Which is why "initial squad" has now become the ultimate achievement.

In fairness, the people who complain most about threads derailing into Dustin Martin focussed threads are the people who post the most in the Dustin Martin focussed threads.

Richmond supporters passion to push their man up and boast about his achievements is probably understandable, given he was the key figure in turning Tiger supporters annual humiliation into 4-years of footy following heaven. Albeit of course we are a touch obsessive (I put my hand up high here).

Geelong and Collingwood supporters obsessiveness to get involved in Dustin Martin related threads with an obsession they don’t show to their own team or players is a little harder to understand. Particularly when those comments and replies to Martin posts are followed up with complaints of all the Martin related posts … of which they’ve made the majority ….

Just weird.

They are just threatened that Dusty achieved something that their players haven’t and it gives him an edge/argument to be made in debates. They then have to cherry pick something he is deficient in to discredit everything else he has done. It’s really simple.

They are just threatened that Dusty achieved something that their players haven’t and it gives him an edge/argument to be made in debates. It’s really simple.
Not as simple as creating account after account, desperately seeking validation on your own ratings of Richmond players. Now THAT is a sad exercise.

Then why are you so insecure about his standing in the game and how neutrals rate him? It's such a pathetic way to idolise someone, by trying to convince others to rate them higher than they do.

I’m just pointing out your BS.

This thread is a prime example of oppos Dusty insecurities. He’s higher than GAJ about to get the record, so therefore the stats must not mean anything important and you just want to ignore it. Like I said it’s simple and predictable. The first few posts were like oh no Dusty thread again, it’s the first thing they looked at and commented on.

I’m just pointing out your BS.

This thread is a prime example of oppos Dusty insecurities. He’s higher than GAJ about to get the record, so therefore the stats must not mean anything important and you just want to ignore it. Like I said it’s simple and predictable. The first few posts were like oh no Dusty thread again, it’s the first thing they looked at and commented on.
You've already lost the battle when your arguments are stripped down to "my hero upset you" or "you only think this because of this thing that actually matters to me". My first thought is that has to be projection (i.e you've had that reaction to other players before, so assume this is how people form opinions). My second is that it's a really watered down attempt to play the man rather than argue any actual points.

I've tried to console you about this before. It's fine to overrate your players and have a chip on your shoulder that the majority don't share your view. It's fine to even take that to the extreme. Just don't get a victim complex about it if people call it out or restate their initial position when they see the same old stuff.

You've already lost the battle when your arguments are stripped down to "my hero upset you" or "you only think this because of this thing that actually matters to me". My first thought is that has to be projection (i.e you've had that reaction to other players before, so assume this is how people form opinions). My second is that it's a really watered down attempt to play the man rather than argue any actual points.

I've tried to console you about this before. It's fine to overrate your players and have a chip on your shoulder that the majority don't share your view. It's fine to even take that to the extreme. Just don't get a victim complex about it if people call it out or restate their initial position when they see the same old stuff.

Ok look let’s cut the crap.

20 and 1 is elite because if you look at the modern day players who have achieved it as a career average they are all elite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back