Past #20: Drew Petrie - NM '01-'16 (324gms/428gls) - WCE '17 (8gms/16gls) - thx for everything Drew

Remove this Banner Ad

Being overseas I have found it hard to keep up with the proceedings, but could someone explain to me Slobbo's 180. After the game I thought he was damning Lake, calling him a disgrace to the game, and now he is saying that Drew deserves it?

Confused by the hog.

He rang the AFL and had it confirmed that Petrie was charged for facial contact before the choke hold, so changed his tune from Lake being a monster to Lake panicking after feeling fingers near his eyes.

Of course there's no mention of Lake initiating the wrestle and having him in a headlock first.

Last edited:
Being overseas I have found it hard to keep up with the proceedings, but could someone explain to me Slobbo's 180. After the game I thought he was damning Lake, calling him a disgrace to the game, and now he is saying that Drew deserves it?

Confused by the hog.
Uh, he's a massive douche who is employed as chief football writer at the Herald Sun purely for his appeal to the bogan masses?

360 tonight will be great. Robbo will be up in arms with us challenging, making impassionaed pleas like "it's on

He rang the AFL and had it confirmed that Petrie was charged for facial contact before the choke hold, so changed his tune from Lake being a monster to Lake panicking after feeling fingers near his eyes.

Of course there's no mention of Lake initiating the wrestle and having him in a headlock first.

*vomit*

Nor the face first tackle before that in which Lake/Harris landed directly on top of Drew.

After the tackle Lake has his arm around the back of Drews neck and puts his full weight on Drews face. Drews response to this is to push him off, and the placement of Drews hand at this time happens to be near Lakes face, which means it was the only place he could try to push him off.

Those who are siting Drew as the initiator (Robbo) should have a 100kg man lay across their face and see what they would do. If it were me, I would be doing all I could to get him off me.

Great move by the club to challenge.

Wouldn't surprise me if the AFL actually want us to challenge as it is the only way Drew can plead provocation and get off - his testimony can also be used to give Lake a righteous whack.

Drew has to drop this players' code bullshit he showed on the Sunday footy show and put Lake right in it.

The lame thinking around provocation annoys the crap out of me. So, like Hall, citing provocation is a defence? Yet, according to MRP guidelines self-defence isn't a legitimate reason?!

In other words, I can say "Hey, I had no choice, he called me names," but I can't say "Hey, I had no choice I was being suffocated and lashed out in the first way that occurred to my panicked brain."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a separate point, is it just me, or does the NMFC seem to provide the MRP and Tribunal with lots of 'test cases' and 'precedents'?

On a separate point, is it just me, or does the NMFC seem to provide the MRP and Tribunal with lots of 'test cases' and 'precedents'?

Yep, and generally it involves Lindsay Thomas.

After the tackle Lake has his arm around the back of Drews neck and puts his full weight on Drews face. Drews response to this is to push him off, and the placement of Drews hand at this time happens to be near Lakes face, which means it was the only place he could try to push him off.

Those who are siting Drew as the initiator (Robbo) should have a 100kg man lay across their face and see what they would do. If it were me, I would be doing all I could to get him off me.

Especially when it's a 100kg proven nut job being that person.

Lake deserves every week he gets. No place for that in footy.

I contend that the Match Review Panel from this point forward change their name to the Decision Engagement Review Panel.

This seems much more consistent with their 'cerebral' approach to adjudication.

JZ contesting the ball and making contact with the head.
LT sliding rule.
LT head clash.
Lachie concussion incident.

I feel I'm forgetting one.

The lame thinking around provocation annoys the crap out of me. So, like Hall, citing provocation is a defence? Yet, according to MRP guidelines self-defence isn't a legitimate reason?!

In other words, I can say "Hey, I had no choice, he called me names," but I can't say "Hey, I had no choice I was being suffocated and lashed out in the first way that occurred to my panicked brain."

Don't forget when Des Headland went mental on one of the Selwoods. Then claimed the Selwood said something disparaging about his mum or wife, can't quite remember which, and walked free.

17:05

php3uOCHuAFLTribunalLive-150x150.jpg
spacer.gif

Nathan Schmook:
AFL legal cousel Andrew Woods is submitting that Petrie's charge should be restricted to what happened before Lake took hold of his throat.
Tuesday July 8, 201417:05Nathan Schmook
17:06

17:06

spacer.gif

Nathan Schmook:
Both players' legal counsel are happy to proceed like that

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #20: Drew Petrie - NM '01-'16 (324gms/428gls) - WCE '17 (8gms/16gls) - thx for everything Drew

Remove this Banner Ad

Back