Player Watch #20 Jacob Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

A 31 year old -turning 32 in October- who can't stay on the park, a defender whose kicked the same the amount of goals as Cumberland from more games as a forward, a reject from Hawthorn, a Rugby League player who's just done a second ACL and will be 28 next year and a 3rd round pick with a crook back who hasn't even played a reserves game yet...... yep looks like we're all set for KPFs now...:rainbow::thumbsu:

When did I mention a 31 year old
Balta played back over 1/2 of Games
Kosi left the hawks
Lefau turned 26 last week
Fawcett 19 yet?
:cool:

Last edited:

When did I mention a 31 year old-You basically said we were right for KPF's - he's the main one and far and away the best player...
Balta played back over 1/2 of games-Which would make his return of 35 goals -and bear in mind he's probably kicked about at least half a dozen of those not playing forward - from about as many games far less impressive than the much maligned Cumberland's 33 from 24....
Lefau turned 26 last week -27 next year then...stop gap not long term solution

Fawcett 19 yet?19 years and 2 months old - has he played yet? Pick 43 odds are slim he's the next Jack or will amount to anything and already has a chronic back issue....bonus if he comes good we'll see..

Reminds me of Justin Charles with that hairdo. I’ve liked his aggression of late and he’s actually taking some contested marks. It’s a massive improvement from where he was a few weeks ago. I’ll be watching him more closely now as he’s caught my attention. I hope he can prove me wrong bc he would be a tremendous asset to us with our depleted forward stocks.
Full credit to him for giving us some hope and actually improving his game and adding a few extra strings to his bow.

Last edited:
Reminds me of Justin Charles with that hairdo. I’ve liked his aggression of late and he’s actually taking some contested marks. It’s a massive improvement from where he was a few weeks ago. I’ll be watching him more closely now as he’s caught my attention. I hope he can prove me wrong bc he would be a tremendous asset to us with our depleted forward stocks.
Full credit to him for giving us some hope and actually improving his game and adding a few extra strings to his bow.
When he first come onto the scene, he was ripping shit up. Then he just went nowhere. A complete 180. But, he has shown he has it in him. And let's face it, the season has been a disaster due to the injury front. Keep playing him, get him up to speed. And the other side of it, Samson Ryan has the intimidation levels of a baby giraffe.

Has had a great last couple of weeks. His attack on the footy has been first class and is marking extremely well.
I'm not stressed about his kicking as I know what he is capable of in that department.

earning his pay packet a lot better than some of his more highly credentialed and paid team mates. would remain in our best 25 when all our troops are back from injury you would think. so has been a good pick-up

Interesting that Young went backwards sharply this year prior to doing his knee, but 4 key position players 25yo or under have emerged to differing extents, Miller, Lefau, Blight and Koschitzke. Young Gibcus and of course Balta also in that age bracket and Fawcett and Gray remain very young and as yet unknown quantities at AFL level. So we suddenly appear to have a bit of reasonable depth in this department, at the very least. We could use another key position player with star potential but at least if we can get our hands on one the depth should be there to support them.

Once we start putting players like Rioli Jnr, Ross back into the team in their roles, we need just 1-2 high quality inside mids to be able to field a more than competitive team. Beyond that we will just need some continuity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When he first come onto the scene, he was ripping shit up. Then he just went nowhere. A complete 180. But, he has shown he has it in him. And let's face it, the season has been a disaster due to the injury front. Keep playing him, get him up to speed. And the other side of it, Samson Ryan has the intimidation levels of a baby giraffe.
IMG_1343.jpeg

Probably the most improved player from the beginning of the year as he was terrible at the start. I’ve been impressed now for three games and nothing better to be proven wrong. I wish a dozen other blokes could do the same or at least show the same ticker.
Moving him to the ruck was either a master stroke or just a move by demand and need , but it got him moving, involved in the game and most importantly stirred up aggressively as he was a limp unit beforehand. When you’re in the ruck it’s a physically hard gig and the big boys will eat you up if you take it easy. He got stirred up in a ruck contest a few weeks ago and has grown from there.

Pretty much how I've seen it, has showed some signs, if he can improve a little more by the end of the year maybe there is hope.

Nah 11th in a hypothetical Coleman is enough.....:$
Still in Y1 of a 3 year deal. Showing he can clunk a few marks and isn't a bad kick. Looks to have a bit of mongrel in him. Got him for a bag of chips. 24yo.

Imagine going too early on a player like Kosi and him making you look like a campaigner. Lol

Reminds you of Justin Charles you say.
Let's hope he hasn't made a trip to Flemington to help turn his form around.......

Still in Y1 of a 3 year deal. Showing he can clunk a few marks and isn't a bad kick. Looks to have a bit of mongrel in him. Got him for a bag of chips. 24yo.

Imagine going too early on a player like Kosi and him making you look like a campaigner. Lol

Yep- really put us all in our places after checks notes two serviceable games in a couple of floggings...:$

Last edited:
Hawks fans have been doing this Yo Yo with Kosi for a few years
Now we are doing this.

We got him here to be a KPF and is averaging 0.7 goals a game
i want to see him kick 3-4 goals a game not 5 in 7 games

He has shown an ability to take contested marks, get a bit of the ball and pinch hit in the ruck. Last 3 x games averaging 12 touches, 5 marks, 1 goal and 6 hit-outs.

Our forward line is a bloody hard gig at the moment, and at least Kosi has shown decent ability to be more than a ‘break glass’ player. Good on him, as he’d have been feeling loads of pressure after his poor start and Richmond losing every week.

If worse case he can be a 10 touch, 5 mark, 1 goal fwd/ruck he’ll be a handy player for pick #49.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He has shown an ability to take contested marks, get a bit of the ball and pinch hit in the ruck. Last 3 x games averaging 12 touches, 5 marks, 1 goal and 6 hit-outs.

Our forward line is a bloody hard gig at the moment, and at least Kosi has shown decent ability to be more than a ‘break glass’ player. Good on him, as he’d have been feeling loads of pressure after his poor start and Richmond losing every week.

If worse case he can be a 10 touch, 5 mark, 1 goal fwd/ruck he’ll be a handy player for pick #49.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The pick number is not important
Its the fact we selected to bring him in to p;ay a KPF tole which he is not doint at a level for a 24 year old
If he was home grown we would be looking to have him delisted this year

The pick number is not important
Its the fact we selected to bring him in to p;ay a KPF tole which he is not doint at a level for a 24 year old
If he was home grown we would be looking to have him delisted this year
Please don’t put the Cumberland curse on him. He’s improved out of sight of latemuch to my dismay, but it’s a good thing in the end. I think he’s a better forward ruck option than Balta as Balta needs to be down back working with Miller.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back