Player Watch #20 Jacob Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

Please don’t put the Cumberland curse on him. He’s improved out of sight of latemuch to my dismay, but it’s a good thing in the end. I think he’s a better forward ruck option than Balta as Balta needs to be down back working with Miller.
Wow you used to have B***'s to call a D- player crap before now days you just calling him an improved D

He is less sh!t but yes still shit

If he gets good ill post he is good

* Edit
WTF ?? Better Foward Ruck option than Balta
The Balta that turned finals games ? The Balta that kicks multiple goals ?

Wow you used to have B***'s to call a D- player crap before now days you just calling him an improved D

He is less sh!t but yes still shit

If he gets good ill post he is good

* Edit
WTF ?? Better Foward Ruck option than Balta
The Balta that turned finals games ? The Balta that kicks multiple goals ?
Yes bc we need Balta in the backline. Anywhere else is ridiculous.

I haven't watched this weeks game deeply yet , put it on late when i got home but it didn't hold my interest at that hour.

Everyone keeps on improving but i honestly have found it still pretty underwhelming. Just looking at the stats he had 6 marks, 4 kicks, 7 handballs, 0 tackles and kicked 0.1.

These 4 kicks that were not a single goal from a key forward must have been pretty special. What did i miss?

Yes bc we need Balta in the backline. Anywhere else is ridiculous.

Balta in the backline is the most obvious thing ever atm. If Adem has not figured that out by the end of the season then i am all for sacking him. Seriously, if he can't see how the worst team in the league needs its best KPD in the backline, then he is not a serious coach option.

Balta in the backline is the most obvious thing ever atm. If Adem has not figured that out by the end of the season then i am all for sacking him. Seriously, if he can't see how the worst team in the league needs its best KPD in the backline, then he is not a serious coach option.
It’s frustrating the minute I see him up forward. I thought he had aborted the whole thing a few weeks ago and bang he’s back there again. He’s actually more attacking as a backman than a forward, but what would us plebs know. 😂

I haven't watched this weeks game deeply yet , put it on late when i got home but it didn't hold my interest at that hour.

Everyone keeps on improving but i honestly have found it still pretty underwhelming. Just looking at the stats he had 6 marks, 4 kicks, 7 handballs, 0 tackles and kicked 0.1.

These 4 kicks that were not a single goal from a key forward must have been pretty special. What did i miss?
I'm with you. Shockingly underwhelmed. Takes a few marks, great, but no goals. Set shot ended up an atrocious OOBOTF. Have seen him in the ruck, but have not seen him do much in the ruck. At best it appears he gives Nank a breather.

It’s frustrating the minute I see him up forward. I thought he had aborted the whole thing a few weeks ago and bang he’s back there again. He’s actually more attacking as a backman than a forward, but what would us plebs know. 😂
If they put Balta back it probably pushes Blight out of the team and with no other forward option to bring in I don't see another solution ATM.
Happy to see Blight play a few more until Lynch is ready or at least Ryan can come in forward and ruck relief

If they put Balta back it probably pushes Blight out of the team and with no other forward option to bring in I don't see another solution ATM.
Happy to see Blight play a few more until Lynch is ready or at least Ryan can come in forward and ruck relief
They can all play there. Broad needs to go as he’s been a liability for most of the season.

Sure about that? Go back to the start of the year and pretty much everyone was creaming their pants at Balta forward. "Why did we get Kosi & Lefau? We need a key back because Balta and Gibcus can clearly anchor a premiership forward line".

Balta as only a back and trading Bolton were the two things I was early on this preseason. Now all the ****ers that were against me are now of the same opinion.

Probably the most improved player from the beginning of the year as he was terrible at the start. I’ve been impressed now for three games and nothing better to be proven wrong. I wish a dozen other blokes could do the same or at least show the same ticker.
Moving him to the ruck was either a master stroke or just a move by demand and need , but it got him moving, involved in the game and most importantly stirred up aggressively as he was a limp unit beforehand. When you’re in the ruck it’s a physically hard gig and the big boys will eat you up if you take it easy. He got stirred up in a ruck contest a few weeks ago and has grown from there.
This has been a notable change.

Sure about that? Go back to the start of the year and pretty much everyone was creaming their pants at Balta forward. "Why did we get Kosi & Lefau? We need a key back because Balta and Gibcus can clearly anchor a premiership forward line".

Balta as only a back and trading Bolton were the two things I was early on this preseason. Now all the ****ers that were against me are now of the same opinion.

i am positive.
The only people i saw here creaming their pants over the idea were the same people who thought Hopper & Taranto was a good idea. They had completely shit opinions

Balta is a back. Its f-ing obvious.

You put your best players where the ball is, or where the ball is likely going to spend the most time. For us, that is the opponents forward line, not ours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much how I've seen it, has showed some signs, if he can improve a little more by the end of the year maybe there is hope.
Yes ... if he could improve to a point where he actually registers a goal ... that would be hopeful.

Glad he is clunking some marks ... still kicks it like the backman he is ... but in all seriousness the lads on here patting him and Balta on the back for good games ...

Im Not Okay I Promise Gerard Way GIF by My Chemical Romance

Wow ... Kosi takes 7 marks and Balta has 4 goal assists ... WHOGAF ... how many goals did they kick ...

Smackdown Live Reaction GIF by WWE

Balta is good either end. He’s usually hits the scoreboard up forward

No. He is pretty good up forward & Great to elite down back

He has only kicked multiple goals in a game twice this year & both times 3 goals against Carlton.

As a forward, at his best, he is about "Levi Casboult" level & when i say that i don't mean "peak Casboult", he is a decent level below that still.

Down back at his best he was near Rance level. Rance's peak was a untouchable level, but Balta's peak is certainly "Rance Level"

Probably the most improved player from the beginning of the year as he was terrible at the start. I’ve been impressed now for three games and nothing better to be proven wrong. I wish a dozen other blokes could do the same or at least show the same ticker.
Moving him to the ruck was either a master stroke or just a move by demand and need , but it got him moving, involved in the game and most importantly stirred up aggressively as he was a limp unit beforehand. When you’re in the ruck it’s a physically hard gig and the big boys will eat you up if you take it easy. He got stirred up in a ruck contest a few weeks ago and has grown from there.
I agree going into the ruck has helped him lift his confidence, he’s actually quite capable there and has taken some nice marks around the ground , keep playing him , hope he continues to improve and can finish season strongly

it would be interesting if he was the genuine 3rd tall/2nd ruck if Lynch was fit and firing, Balta had played fwd all year, Gibcus was fit down back with any combo of Blight/Miller/Young as additonal KPD

No. He is pretty good up forward & Great to elite down back

You're basing that assessment of him as a forward on a small sample size in a team getting flogged, in a role he has never been allowed to settle in.

While the other role as a KPD has a much larger sample size, mostly in a much better performing team, with him able to settle there for extended seasons.

To me, it really is like comparing chalk and cheese. Once he's played at least a full season permanently in the role we'd be much closer to being able to do a fair comparison. Until then, we're largely still speculating about potential and the great unknown.

There is clearly untapped potential there as a forward, I strongly suspect that we haven't come close to seeing what he's capable of yet.

-------------------------------------

As for Kozi, he's going OK, good to see him fighting strongly in recent weeks for the only role he's likely to have any chance at long term. :thumbsu:

You're basing that assessment of him as a forward on a small sample size in a team getting flogged, in a role he has never been allowed to settle in.

While the other role as a KPD has a much larger sample size, mostly in a much better performing team, with him able to settle there for extended seasons.

To me, it really is like comparing chalk and cheese. Once he's played at least a full season permanently in the role we'd be much closer to being able to do a fair comparison. Until then, we're largely still speculating about potential and the great unknown.

There is clearly untapped potential there as a forward, I strongly suspect that we haven't come close to seeing what he's capable of yet.

-------------------------------------

As for Kozi, he's going OK, good to see him fighting strongly in recent weeks for the only role he's likely to have any chance at long term. :thumbsu:
not to mention when down back, he is getting more than 1/2 dozen looks at the pill given how shit we are.

not to mention when down back, he is getting more than 1/2 dozen looks at the pill given how shit we are.

Yep, plus we haven't been shy for a couple of seasons now about heavily rotating the most dangerous forwards to rookie KPDs so Balta's rebound is hopefully freed up a little more.

Grimes would also be doing that if he was fit.

i am positive.
The only people i saw here creaming their pants over the idea were the same people who thought Hopper & Taranto was a good idea. They had completely shit opinions

Balta is a back. Its f-ing obvious.

You put your best players where the ball is, or where the ball is likely going to spend the most time. For us, that is the opponents forward line, not ours.

Balta just had a decent game forward including a huge 4 goal assists, in the wet against the second stingiest defence in the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back