2005 Coleman Medal strongest since 1992

Remove this Banner Ad

He kicks a lot of goals from limited opportunities, but he doesn't setup many, if any.

Tarrant's AA year, he kicked 50odd goals and had 50odd goal assists, that's just as productive as a FF who kicks 90-100 goals and doesn't assist any.

Zeke said:
He kicks a lot of goals from limited opportunities, but he doesn't setup many, if any.

Tarrant's AA year, he kicked 50odd goals and had 50odd goal assists, that's just as productive as a FF who kicks 90-100 goals and doesn't assist any.
Aren't you sick of pumping up the tires yet? ;)

Zeke said:

He set up a couple against the Pies....

Lonie_from_50 said:
**Dunstall kicked 139 goals (145 total) in 1992**

As Zeke said, being a bit too unrealistic. Williams could crack the 100 mark this season, and to be honest, I think he could, but only just. It is amazing how each week he is bobbing up with 5 goals to his name. 5 marks on the lead is all he needs as he is a deadly boot.

Round 11 is gone, and he is on 48, so working on average - it does equal 96. It will be the most goals kicked (well, especially in the modern era) by a small forward, and it depends on what you call Tony Modra aswell. But I am sure we are all wanting the young man to break 100.

BTW - Who is the last aboriginal to kick the most goals in a season (if any)???

No Aboriginal in the VFL/AFL has topped the goalkicking.

Best record was in 2000 when Jeff Farmer, shined with 73.

Zeke said:

That was when Tarrant played HFF (where he should still be playing). These days he plays full forward and kicks points.

But I do agree with you on what constitutes the greatest forwards. The ability to set up goals, apply defensive pressure and kick 100 in a season is what made Jason Dunstall superior to his selfish contemporaries, Lockett and Ablett.

Shooter Williams is a genuine star and a goal scoring machine, but the man from '92 has no rival. The complete forward he was.

harry_hawka said:
Williams, or "Donga" as he's more affectionately known, is odds-on to break the 100 goal mark, and re-create history. No doubt this will be his first of several Coleman Medal's, possibly pioneering the idea of successful small forward (something Milne and Matera have tried, but failed in).

Two weeks on and he's struggled past 50. Still think he'll top the ton harry?

harry_hawka said:
I just don't understand why a West Coast supporter would join in a thread about the Coleman Medal unless they were talking about Scott Cummings.
He's been found out.Will not win a Coleman in his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who cares if he doesnt, a little bloke who has kicked 50 goals 13 rounds in, is an incredibe achievement.
Its not that he has been found out, its the fact he has had bugger all opportunities from a pathetic team display...

Nightwolf_69 said:
Who cares if he doesnt, a little bloke who has kicked 50 goals 13 rounds in, is an incredibe achievement.
Its not that he has been found out, its the fact he has had bugger all opportunities from a pathetic team display...

He had 9 disposals last week and that is his season's average.
My critisism a few weeks ago was that when he isn't kicking goals he just doesn't find enough of the ball to be able to make an impact on matches and it looks as if I may have been right.

However he is to talented a player not to correct this with experience.

Longy413 said:
He had 9 disposals last week and that is his season's average.
My critisism a few weeks ago was that when he isn't kicking goals he just doesn't find enough of the ball to be able to make an impact on matches and it looks as if I may have been right.

However he is to talented a player not to correct this with experience.

I think that he doesnt really have much of a chance to do other things around the ground, purely because we have no one to kick it to then.
Hes an extremely talented player, and could easily rack up 15 touches a game if he was played off a half foward line, but we cant afford to have him there.

With Lloyd, they can throw him up the ground and still have Lucas and hird as an option.

But being double teamed, and triple teamed doesnt help him either....

Didums about been double and tripled team. Tarrant was doubled and trippled team on Monday against Melbourne, but apparantly Nicho towelled him up all by himself and Tarrant is sh*t

Good players will contine to kick goals. Don't back down now Nightwolf_69, I thought he was going to kick 150 - 200 goals? :rolleyes:

da_ilks said:
Didums about been double and tripled team. Tarrant was doubled and trippled team on Monday against Melbourne, but apparantly Nicho towelled him up all by himself and Tarrant is sh*t

Good players will contine to kick goals. Don't back down now Nightwolf_69, I thought he was going to kick 150 - 200 goals? :rolleyes:

Oh he still can, dont worry bout that. Hes just that talented...

And we play geelong next, so im thinking 8 goals, as Willo likes playing Geelong :)

Remove this Banner Ad

2005 Coleman Medal strongest since 1992

Remove this Banner Ad

Back