2006 SA 1st XVIII teams to beat

Remove this Banner Ad

Regular Year 11s playing First 18s for SHC 2006 - McNamara (HB, CHF), Hartlett (FP, ROVER), BURNS (BP), Martin (FF, FP), OGRADY (MIDFIELD)

Occasional Games (3-4) - Loy (wing), Ramsey (Wing), Raphael (ruck).

I havent seen much of the Year 10s this year but these are the stand outs i believe+Boarders coming next year... Any other inclusions

seen raphael a few times and doesnt look quite up to it... could be rong.. underlying factor is that to be competitive next year with the team shaping up like it is, the year 10's need to grow in height and weight... some, however good they are, are way too small and wont get picked purely on fear of insurance risks

i think we all know that shc are going to be strong next year, has anyone got any thoughts on other teams that will possibly end their winning streak as i think we have all heard enough about shc for awhile

could someone from SHC tell me who the little no.9 this year was and what year he is in, bloody tiny but had nice skills and looked like hed at least made an effort in the gym

shooter#9 said:
could someone from SHC tell me who the little no.9 this year was and what year he is in, bloody tiny but had nice skills and looked like hed at least made an effort in the gym

sam macdonald, year 12.

no. 9 was little sam mcdonald, little superstar and what he lacks in hieght and size he makes up with silky skills and hard as attittude.

LADIES, ONCE AGAIN IN 2006 THE TEAM TO BEAT WILL BE SACRED HEART COLLEGE. they are a skillful, quick and hard bunch of players which gell together excellently as a team. also the up and coming yr 10s which will be in yr 11 next year are players which will increase the over all skill level of the team and give any team a real shaking. so yet again SHC to have another undefeated season.

i heard shc's yr 10 side was the weakest they have been in ages, and i know that they went down to sts this year

Cameron DeVisser is a great chance of playing XVIII for SHC in yr 10 next yr. great attitude, and very polished player. would be surprised if he didnt make the squad. great kick to, much like his brother, and shc 2004 XVIII player todd, but has the height of other brother ryan.

i am so sick of reading about all of you SHC blokes talking up your youngsters and ur team. This thread is about the team(s) to beat nxt yr and u guys just turn it into ur own lil friendly compliments room. The three top teams will be obviously SHC, but not sure due to their weakest 10A team for a while; RC will be up there, Saints will have their strongest & quickest team for a long time and should have a few tens who have shown promise throughout the year, PAC won't hit their straps until intercol like they have done for the past few years, and then we have the drop-off, to teams like St Micks and Pembroke which will always have thei guns but lack the depth to compete with the stronger sides aforementioned.

no_ducktown4jnsn said:
i am so sick of reading about all of you SHC blokes talking up your youngsters and ur team. This thread is about the team(s) to beat nxt yr and u guys just turn it into ur own lil friendly compliments room. The three top teams will be obviously SHC, but not sure due to their weakest 10A team for a while; RC will be up there, Saints will have their strongest & quickest team for a long time and should have a few tens who have shown promise throughout the year, PAC won't hit their straps until intercol like they have done for the past few years, and then we have the drop-off, to teams like St Micks and Pembroke which will always have thei guns but lack the depth to compete with the stronger sides aforementioned.
rostrevor? i think u went ducktown with that call, all they have is millar, then o'connor and sheridan, i dont think they are going to be any sort of threat to SHC and sts

actually shooter i think your wrong, rc will still be competetive against you blokes and pac etc. millar, leeman, murphy, oconner, bond and a great bunch of yr 10's coming through the ranks and with some decent recruting rc will again be a strong force. so watch out...

colin custard said:
actually shooter i think your wrong, rc will still be competetive against you blokes and pac etc. millar, leeman, murphy, oconner, bond and a great bunch of yr 10's coming through the ranks and with some decent recruting rc will again be a strong force. so watch out...

How many of this year's yr 10s do u think will make RC's starting team in 06'??? Names..??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my vote, sts will be the team to beat next year:
Harry, Shultz, White, Christie, Whiting, Botten
and in 2005 the sts year 10's beat sacred heart, rostrevor and every other skool.
If this is true... sts will be the team to beat for sure!

potholes said:
Cameron DeVisser is a great chance of playing XVIII for SHC in yr 10 next yr. great attitude, and very polished player. would be surprised if he didnt make the squad. great kick to, much like his brother, and shc 2004 XVIII player todd, but has the height of other brother ryan.

I agree. I have played with and against cameron and he has the potential to make it far. Like you said, he has a great attitude and is a fairly big kid, not just tall but fairly solid aswell. Is surprisingly fast fast for his height and size. He has got a booming left foot, but has to work on his right. I have seen him play every where on the ground, up forward, down back and in the middle, and he plays well in all these parts on the ground.

And as for ducktown saying that your sick if everyone from SHC talking up there youngsters, if they just said 'Oh SHC is the team to beat in 06' people would ask for reasons, you cant just say your a team to beat without giving evidence.

Cheers

how many new recruits (and i am not suggesting that they are coming on scholarship as i know that will spark a great debate) do SHC expect to walk into the 1st XVIII team in 2006???

tom722 said:
how many new recruits (and i am not suggesting that they are coming on scholarship as i know that will spark a great debate) do SHC expect to walk into the 1st XVIII team in 2006???

unlike rc we dont need to give sporting scholarships... but we usually expect about 3 maybe 4 new boarders to play 1sts from yr 11... i think some ppl overlook the fact that shc will still retain Day, O'Grady, Power, Button, both Fosdikes, Stevenson, Mayfield, Fulwood, M. Elliott... all with 1sts experience. throw in mcnamara (state u/16) and young hartlett (brother of old hartlett at carlton)... shc will be as good, if not better than this yr

Flying Joey said:
unlike rc we dont need to give sporting scholarships... but we usually expect about 3 maybe 4 new boarders to play 1sts from yr 11... i think some ppl overlook the fact that shc will still retain Day, O'Grady, Power, Button, both Fosdikes, Stevenson, Mayfield, Fulwood, M. Elliott... all with 1sts experience. throw in mcnamara (state u/16) and young hartlett (brother of old hartlett at carlton)... shc will be as good, if not better than this yr

Add Crettenden to that list too. Solid defender who will fill Cilento's posiotn well. Jack Perry also played this year and will add grunt to the midefield. The future is still bright for SHC

First of all, the only respect i can give to SHC posters on this website are King Neptune and Flying Joey. They have the experience and knowledge of first XVIII football. When people such as FIGJAM come on and say they have played with and against a year 9, you really have no idea what level you are gonna be playing at. Yes...it is ok if you boys ask some experienced footy players if so and so could play firsts. But telling us how these players are gonna 'rise to the pressures of first XVIII footy' is just ludicrous coming from the mouths of some sacred heart 10A players.

To comment on some of these posts. Jack Perry, may add some aggressiveness to the SHC midfield, but if he can hold down a position then obviously the SHC team of 06 isnt going to be nearly as strong as other years. Macnamara is a very talented player with great aerial skills who will probably work with Power in the backline. I have heard from all accounts that Hartlett is very good, a good chance for state 16s next season, but i beileve unless he physically matures over pre-season he will not be a big threat at first XVIII level.

just some thoughts...

potholes said:
leave your useless posts off big footy because noone wants to know the names of who's going to make your "wicked" squad or whos "a great chance" we only care about people that will influence the games.

straylan said:
First of all, the only respect i can give to SHC posters on this website are King Neptune and Flying Joey. They have the experience and knowledge of first XVIII football. When people such as FIGJAM come on and say they have played with and against a year 9, you really have no idea what level you are gonna be playing at. Yes...it is ok if you boys ask some experienced footy players if so and so could play firsts. But telling us how these players are gonna 'rise to the pressures of first XVIII footy' is just ludicrous coming from the mouths of some sacred heart 10A players.

Can totally understand what you are saying here and have to agree with you somewhat. Yes it is tough to make big calls about year 9's who are probably still growing and haven't played against older boys with bigger bodies. Having said this, my mail is that Mitch Bosely a year 9 has had an outstanding year with Glenelg and SHC year 9's. Apparantly was asked to play year 10's this year but didn't for an unknown reason. Haven't seen alot of him but he is already very tall and a decent build. His dad is 6"4 and brother 6"3 so he definately has potential to grow even more. I will be interested to see if this kid gets a go next year. Sorry to agree with you and then contradict myself a bit but i just wanted to increase awarness of the kid. Sorry!

straylan said:
QUOTE]

good call!
Just ask yourself how much first experince you have and how many games have you lost in the 1st??
:D

Remove this Banner Ad

2006 SA 1st XVIII teams to beat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back