2006 SA 1st XVIII teams to beat

Remove this Banner Ad

on the grape vine... ask urself how much experience most afl recruiting managers have had at afl level!!! not many, but we respect their choices

two surprise packages for next year... Nick Lopez roaming the forward 50 arc and Eddie Morgan, built up young gun yr 9 that will definately lift in the higher grade. Lopez wasnt really given too many opportunities to shine this year, but with a bit more freedom next year, he will surely rise to be quite the goal sneak in 06'. Morgan won b&f comfortably this year and is very well built for his age, double.. maybe three times as big as johnson. If he is able to produce half of what he did this year in the firsts, he will surely be a dangerous player.

The Glass Lake said:
What year 10s from this year do u belive will play first 18s in 2006....I would particualyt like to know your thoughts figjam #51
MacNamara, O'Grady, Hartlett are definates.. Matt Martin could play if he is comitted, aled loy has a chance bcoz he is very committed an reads the play extremely well an neva baks out of a contest, Russel McInerney is also a chance with his hard at it attitude and silky skills

tom722 said:
two surprise packages for next year... Nick Lopez roaming the forward 50 arc and Eddie Morgan, built up young gun yr 9 that will definately lift in the higher grade. Lopez wasnt really given too many opportunities to shine this year, but with a bit more freedom next year, he will surely rise to be quite the goal sneak in 06'. Morgan won b&f comfortably this year and is very well built for his age, double.. maybe three times as big as johnson. If he is able to produce half of what he did this year in the firsts, he will surely be a dangerous player.

Where will eddie morgan play nxt yr? do u rekon he could play roving forward the way owen sharpe played this yr?

he will play in the rotating half forward flank set up ala Lopez Whiting Johnson this year

cozdawg#09 said:
MacNamara, O'Grady, Hartlett are definates.. Matt Martin could play if he is comitted, aled loy has a chance bcoz he is very committed an reads the play extremely well an neva baks out of a contest, Russel McInerney is also a chance with his hard at it attitude and silky skills

no one is a definate... ask some of the guys who have played every game in yr 11 only to be shafted in yr 12 and be relegated to 2nds... i kno two from last year

Flying Joey said:
no one is a definate... ask some of the guys who have played every game in yr 11 only to be shafted in yr 12 and be relegated to 2nds... i kno two from last year
This is a good point......but Hartlett will be a definate if Cail Harris has anything to do with it.

:thumbsu:

As much as i hate to say it, the more i think aboiut it, PAC are going to be very very strong next year. Considering that they are retaining the vast majority of their XVIII team this year and that they are recruiting up to a further 5 players, only time will tell just how competitive they are going to be nest year.

Im not scared though!

H unit said:
This is a good point......but Hartlett will be a definate if Cail Harris has anything to do with it.

he specifically meant hartlett not being a definate.... pin... hartlett is arrogant as all hell and would prob break in half if he played with the big boys!!! ;) "great shot hartlett" :thumbsdown:

how come hamish hartlett isnt as tall or solid as his brother adam... bit of a variation with genetics there. but um, he is still a very well rounded player but true, his body really does need t develop if he is going to have any 'major' influence in '06

keeper of light how come hamish hartlett isnt as tall or solid as his brother adam... bit of a variation with genetics there. but um, he is still a very well rounded player but true, his body really does need t develop if he is going to have any 'major' influence in '06

The reason why hamish hartlett isnt as tall or as solid as his brother adam is because he is still very young, only turning 15 not that long ago. Give the kid time to grow and fill out, then see how big he is ;). I know that Adam wasnt 6'4 and 90kg at age 15, in fact, growing up he was a rover.

Flying Joey said:
he specifically meant hartlett not being a definate.... pin... hartlett is arrogant as all hell and would prob break in half if he played with the big boys!!! ;) "great shot hartlett" :thumbsdown:
Well Flying Joey......if u actually bothered to attend any of the recent trainings at West Adelaide F.C. you would have witnessed an enihilation of Daniel Caire who is a rather solid unit and coped with playing 1sts quite comfortably this season. I have decked D Caire twice in the last to trainings which is something that u would struggle to do. I have also taken care of a lad by the name of Greg Rowe who is also a solid unit.....i got him with a nice sack tap (more of my scum tactics that will definately be on display next year during the season). So.....in conclusion Flying Joey.....i'll finish by saying that i will cope perfectly in the 1sts next year if i happen to make it and experience in the U/17s at West Adelaide will help my cause.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

keeper of light said:
how come hamish hartlett isnt as tall or solid as his brother adam... bit of a variation with genetics there. but um, he is still a very well rounded player but true, his body really does need t develop if he is going to have any 'major' influence in '06
I am actually taller than my brother was at this age and i hope to do a bit more growing over the summer holidays....thanx for the compliment about my skills....much appreciated

H unit said:
Well Flying Joey......if u actually bothered to attend any of the recent trainings at West Adelaide F.C. you would have witnessed an enihilation of Daniel Caire who is a rather solid unit and coped with playing 1sts quite comfortably this season. I have decked D Caire twice in the last to trainings which is something that u would struggle to do. I have also taken care of a lad by the name of Greg Rowe who is also a solid unit.....i got him with a nice sack tap (more of my scum tactics that will definately be on display next year during the season). So.....in conclusion Flying Joey.....i'll finish by saying that i will cope perfectly in the 1sts next year if i happen to make it and experience in the U/17s at West Adelaide will help my cause.

pff... daniel caire is as weak as the proverbial... ur an insurance risk harts... get ur head rite and u may hav a chance of playing 1sts... and another thing, dont pull ur socks up so high, u look like someone from Sts or PAC

hartlett is overrated (well by himself anyway, no one else rates him). loves himself too much and is probably too small and cocky to have any big impact on 1st XVIII football next season. :)

Papa_Giuseppe said:
hartlett is overrated (well by himself anyway, no one else rates him). loves himself too much and is probably too small and cocky to have any big impact on 1st XVIII football next season. :)
agreed... complete dud... no future :cool:

Flying Joey said:
ive been saying this for years!!! most over rated yr 10 footballer ever... living off his brothers name :p
My brother hasnt done anything so far so how could I be living off his name....and besides hardly anybody apart from South Australians even know who he is. ;)

Flying Joey said:
ive been saying this for years!!! most over rated yr 10 footballer ever... living off his brothers name :p
Its funny how you say that youve been "sayin this for years" when you only met me about 8 months ago!!! :p

Papa_Giuseppe said:
If by cocky you mean self confident then yes i guess I am... and who said I was going to have a major impact on 1st XVIII football??

Until you revelal your identity Papa_Giuseppe...you have no say in this matter

Remove this Banner Ad

2006 SA 1st XVIII teams to beat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back