Fantasy 2008 BigFooty Mock Draft - Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: The Official 2008 BigFooty Mock Draft

Be-a-utiful lol

Would be happy enough with him. You have any other personal preferences you wished we could grab in the first instead?

The Oakland Raiders select:

WR - Early (not too early) Doucet (LSU)

Scout Report:
Pros: good route runner, blocks down field, good hands, good speed, understands the position, all purpose receiver can return punts and kicks, can be used as a great slot receiver as well as a number 1. He has everything an athlete can have, from speed and outstanding leaping ability, to great hands and strong football I.Q.(former QB). He has a nose for the end zone. Great attitude and easy to work with personality.

Overall: top 3 receiver no doubt very reliable in the clutch will be a major contributor to any team he goes to so if hes available pick him up.
He will fit right in with any team in the NFL. Any great QB will love him on the field, because he will find a way to get open and hold on to the ball!

My Take:
Raiders have signed Walker and Carter to a depleted WR group in recent weeks, but this has not filled me full of confidence. Walker has injury concerns and Carter is a number 3 (with potential) from the Panthers. With Curry the only other recognised WR, we are limited as to targets for Russell, who in his first season as a starter needs all the help he can get.
Doucet is a consistent/smart player who runs good routes/blocks well and has good hands as well as good speed. Only a 6 footer, so size is probably his biggest issue on jump balls, but makes up for this with his all round game.

With pick #36 Kansas City selects OT Sam Baker USC.

Huge need at tacke, guard and center. Starting to regret not taking Clady at no 5, but Ellis was just too tempting.
They've got 10 picks so should be able to fill the OL.
They got Alabi OT from Miami in FA but he seems more of a back up.
Center and Guard still to fill . Expect Baker to start RT and maybe move to LT in a couple of years.

Re-unites Russell and Doucet too.
All the Raiders would need is to trade Bowe from Kansas lol.

Just watching Around the Horn and they are reporting that JMR is almost tipping "3 bills" (300 pounds) at the moment. No matter how good his arm is, surely an immobile fat blob in the pocket ain't gonna cut it. With all the money they've invested in him and the receiving corp, he'd better get his act together.

Just watching Around the Horn and they are reporting that JMR is almost tipping "3 bills" (300 pounds) at the moment. No matter how good his arm is, surely an immobile fat blob in the pocket ain't gonna cut it. With all the money they've invested in him and the receiving corp, he'd better get his act together.

Oh, dont worry, I've been engaging in vicious and long-winded debates on Raider forums about my anger and disgust with Russell.

Thread link please bro :D

The Hefty Lefty Mark II Reversed

Its only March, but something that should be looked at closely obviously... Make sure he gets it down considerably in the next month or two

Thread link please bro :D

The Hefty Lefty Mark II Reversed

Its only March, but something that should be looked at closely obviously... Make sure he gets it down considerably in the next month or two

gg does most of his best work here......

http://raiderfans.net/forum/

I've been looking for the past few days at who I'd like, and if the draft played out like this I would be, to simply put it, quite annoyed. The amount of WR's taken already screws the Jets over, and completely throws out any value WR for the Jets pick. Unsure who to take, I was scanning across the taken picks and noticed something... Rashard Mendenhall hadn't been taken. To me this is just amazing that he has fallen out of the first round. Sometimes value just overtakes need, and I know it goes against what I said when I didn't take DMac, but the value to the pick is alot higher here.

So the Jets with the 37th pick take RB Rashard Mendenhall of Illinois

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having filled the need for a cornerback in round 1, I am now looking at one of a QB, DE or OT.

As i see it there are no stand out value picks at any of these positions so i go with what is probably our biggest need, Quarterback.

Was hoping Brian Brohm would fall, and in reality i think he will, don't think any team will take him in round 1 and too be honest was really surprised he was taken by Tampa in this draft.

The question of who is the 3rd best quarterback in the draft is a very difficult one. At one time Andre Woodson was touted as a possible top 10 pick, but various circumstances have dropped him out of this range. Other options include Chad Henne, Booty from USC and Joe Flacco from Delaware. In the end...

The Baltimore Ravens select...

QB Joe Flacco, Delaware

Was a really tough decision but in the end went with the big frame of Flacco. Interesting that both of my picks are from non division 1-A schools, but that is just how the cards have fallen.

At 6-6 Flacco is a big man. Very strong arm, good accuracy with good touch and timing. Smart, tough and a good leader.

Weaknesses include lack of mobility, can force throws and hasnt played against top opposition.

In the end however he has the physical tools you look for and is an intriguing prospect. Steve McNair is almost done, Boller has had his chance and Troy Smith whilst having good potential is still no certainty, so adding a good young QB can only help in terms of competition.

ESPN are reporting that the Falcons have agreed to send DeAngelo Hall to Oakland for the Raiders' 2008 second-round pick!

So DeAngelo wants out of Atlanta because they're a rabble . . . so he signs on with Raiders. :D

Should be getting a big pay day and he's found a franchise in sink with his principles.

Why am I getting the feeling in 12 months we'll be reading about another ex-Falcon signing on with the Raiders?

That's from the free-agency thread - looks like the Falcons get the Raiders 2nd round pick (#35 overall) - we missed it by a couple of days.....

The 49ers could go offensive line or wide receiver here. Signing Bryant Johnson negates the need for a WR for now (as good prospects in third round) and management has said they will look for interior line help later or in FA, so, with that, the 49ers take:

DT/DE: Trevor Laws Notre Dame

The news that McAllister has agreed to delay his roster bonus by a month has me rethinking how we'd approach this draft. Reggie, Stecker and Thomas doesn't fill me with much confidence although I rate Thomas. If Deuce is heathly I'm sure they'll keep him but if he's not looking good to go them I'd definately rethink my first pick.

Ummm . . . give me a few minutes.

With the 41st pick in the 2008 NFL Draft . . . the New Orleans Saints select

Dustin Keller (TE) Purdue

Maybe a surprise given Fred Davis is still on the board, but IMO Keller's the standout TE in this draft.

The Saints need a TE that can be a threat in the middle of the field and Keller is IMO the complete package. With Brees being a pure pocket passer and Reggie's biggest threat being outside, we could really do with someone that can not only find the inevitable holes in the middle but also catch the ball. With a TE like Davis I'm sure we'd see a lot more 2/3 TE sets which would help Reggie.

With the 42nd pick in the 2008 NFL Draft . . . the Buffalo Bills select

Fred Davis (TE) USC

It was either going to be Keller or Davis here also and I was concerned about New Orleans pick. But with GM Dunne taking Keller it made my decision a whole lot easier.

Davis' athleticism cannot be ignored. Hands have improved throughout his college career. He will give the Bills their first legitimate pass-catching threat from the TE position since Pete Metzelaars. With Gaines at DET and the inspirational Kevin Everett retired from football, this is a need position for the Bills and Davis will hopefully assist the passing and running games in Buffalo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy 2008 BigFooty Mock Draft - Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back