Fantasy 2008 BigFooty Mock Draft - Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: The Official 2008 BigFooty Mock Draft

the response hasnt been overwhelming unfortunately but no issues, some people will just be given two teams and if at some later point someone new comes in before the draft then they can just take over

when doubling up i'll attempt as best as possible to do it whereby you will have two consecutive picks, so as to speed things up a bit more

i have basically randomly doubled people up where it works best, ie where a spot above or below them was open, so the following people will double up (if you don't wish to control two teams then just give us a yell and i'll change it up):

LennyBriscoe - miami and st.louis
manureid - atlanta and oakland
dspeed - baltimore and cincinatti
gg - houston and washington (not next to each other but let's face it, gg is always on so we won't have to wait long and he had a bit of a soft spot for the skins last year)
fuey - green bay and indianapolis
zarko - new york giants and jacksonville
brasher - san fran and san diego
sven26 - minny and seattle

any objections?

There's quite a lot of bad blood between the Vikes and the Seahawks (especially if Hackett ends up at the Vikes after free-agency), but I'm sure I can put that fact aside and give Seattle a go...

Hey LennyBriscoe
can i get one of the 2nd round picks to do for the dolphins plzz...... :)
im a mad fins supporter and like taking part in these things, i dont spend too much time around here though normally

btw are we gonna do that comp like last year where u have to guess where the ppl are gonn get drafted (like 5 random players?)
no worries, take the first 2nd round pick

the response hasnt been overwhelming unfortunately but no issues, some people will just be given two teams and if at some later point someone new comes in before the draft then they can just take over

when doubling up i'll attempt as best as possible to do it whereby you will have two consecutive picks, so as to speed things up a bit more

i have basically randomly doubled people up where it works best, ie where a spot above or below them was open, so the following people will double up (if you don't wish to control two teams then just give us a yell and i'll change it up):

LennyBriscoe - miami and st.louis
manureid - atlanta and oakland
dspeed - baltimore and cincinatti
gg - houston and washington (not next to each other but let's face it, gg is always on so we won't have to wait long and he had a bit of a soft spot for the skins last year)
fuey - green bay and indianapolis
zarko - new york giants and jacksonville
brasher - san fran and san diego
sven26 - minny and seattle

any objections?
fine with me

The Mock Draft is officially started, i have PMed LennyBriscoe to get the ball rolling, so will give him some time to do any research he needs to do but hopefully things should get going nicely.

Free Agency has slowed down a little, not too many big names left out there that will affect much, only guys like Bryant Johnson, Dan Morgan etc really out there now.

That said, the Miami Dolphins are on the clock...

With the #1 pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select

DE Chris Long, Virginia

Miami has so many needs, i could've gone Matt Ryan, Jake Long (although Vernon Carey is playing fairly well at T at the moment), or solidifed the middle of the line by picking Sedrick Ellis (who i think is a better option than Glenn Dorsey, but Chris Long it is. Parcells loves these high effort guys, he has the inside word on him from Al Groh, a Parcells disciple and Tuna loves building from the lines.

i was very close to picking Matt Ryan, but i think John Beck needs to be given more than 10 games to prove he isn't upto it.

Lenny, you are back on the clock for the Rams
oops forget about that

with the #2 pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select

OT Jake Long, Michigan

Long is clearly the standout O-Line pick in the draft and the Rams need a successor to Orlando Pace. they would've loved Chris Long here, to paid with Adam Carriker, byt alas, i had already picked him

Lenny, B@stardo! I was keen on J Long for the Raiders, but had a pretty good idea he would go.

Atlanta- tough decision, have had a look at needs against BPA for both of my picks and decided to go needs. Would have gone Mcfadden if they had not picked up Turner in FA, but I reckon they would have told him they are not picking up DMac in the draft to entice him with being the number 1 and not a back up. We all know the QB issues they have (what happened to Vick>football, he will probably come back and shoot my pick down!!) so I have decided a franchise QB is the way to go:

So With Pick 3 the Falcons take: QB Matt Ryan - Boston College. (so they better not sign a QB (not many around mind you) before the draft!!

So to my mob.

As mentioned in the Atlanta pick, going needs rather than BPA. Once again would have taken DMac, but with Fargas, Rhodes (just re-structured) and hopefully Bush fit in the backfield (I would assume Lamont will be going), running back is not the most pressing need. O and D lines are. With Son of Long gone I am going to look at plugging a massive issue with the D-Line and our rather weak efforts against the run last season.

Was a toss-up between Ellis and Dorsey (and I will take the opposite view to Lenny):

So the Oakland Raiders select at Pick 4: DT Glenn Dorsey - LSU

Flame on!!! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chiefs would have killed for Jake Long!! Many many needs for the Chiefs and in order i's say :

OL - they need at least 2 players here.
DT - ranked 18th & 28th against the run last 2 seasons. This season especially bad, 130 yds per game . Teams just ran & ran against them
CB - Ty Law released, Surtain 32, although a couple of young guys could step up.
WR - Got Bowe last season but apart from him and Gonzalez, not much there
QB - Just don't think Croyle is the answer.

There've got a total of 10 picks in the draft, so GM Carl Peterson needs to really step up.

For this pick it's between DT Sedrick Ellis and OT Ryan Clady. Both big needs but I think we'll go with BPA in this case, so

With the #5 pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Kansas Cith Chiefs select

DT Sedrick Ellis, USC

Imagine this bloke and Jared Allen on the same line!! Will make both players better.

Dspeed just PMed me but I'm heading out right now and had no idea this was ready to go. Any chance I could make my pick about 5pm WST?

It's out of two anyway I just didn't expect them both to be there.

Dspeed just PMed me but I'm heading out right now and had no idea this was ready to go. Any chance I could make my pick about 5pm WST?

It's out of two anyway I just didn't expect them both to be there.

A lot of Mocks have DMac falling to the Jets. I assume he is on your list.

there are a few needs to address at gang green........the FO's done a decent job on one side of the ball...........now for the other.

'Carn Wally! Ya killing me!! ;)
unfortunately he won't be picking until 7 or 8pm AEDST tonight

he had enough time to say he wouldnt be picking until then but not enough to just make a decision and pick either DMac or Gholston

he had enough time to say he wouldnt be picking until then but not enough to just make a decision and pick either DMac or Gholston

hey, its a toughie!!!! and those girls from Boston pick next! :eek: it shouldnt mean jack odinarily, but there's always a risk that the dude you overlook will haunt at least twice a year, or be one of the gem's for a div rival!!! but i'd go on need personally!

I tried to post it with a little write up and picture before I left but the picture wasn't ****ing working and then my ride was beeping like crazy outside so I had to abandon it.

Anyway, I'm not sure mcgarnacle will agree with the pick, I was going to get his opinion on it first but it seems I'm all alone. :(

Either way, my reasoning was yes, the Jets have built up a much better O line to last season that is geared to run, but I just can't see them taking Dmac. He's had off field issues (however slight they seem, Mangini isn't the type to go with character flaws usually) and the Jets have both TJ and Leon in the backfield and are bringing in further FAs for visits.

They did sign Pace, but Gholston is something else. Incredible combine has boosted him to a point where some think he may even go number 1 (lol :rolleyes:). He's a perfect 3-4 OLB IMO, and would fit in very well and give the Jets quite a fearsome defence (lol again :rolleyes:).

So, with the 6th pick, the Jets select DE/OLB Vernon Gholston.

And yeah, I'm shit scared the Pats will pick Dmac and he will dominate us. Hence why I will be satisfied if only one of them drops to us in the actual draft. If neither drop to us, we're ****ed.

:thumbsu: Gholston for mine is a pick which attempts to strengthen a weak area for the team. Our ground attack is already solid. TJ and Washington should be capable of picking up yards behind the o-line being assembled. D-Mac could end up better than those two, but all it will do is add to talent already there, and neglect a major part of the D.

and Gholston will fit into the 3-4 perfectly as an OLB. Prolly a little undersized as a DE in the scheme. can slot into the 4-3 as DE but still smallish. And there are a reports that he can get lost in coverage, so there could be doubts amongst the 4-3 scheme teams above the Jets in the draft.

its a win-win when taking into account the pats at pick 7 too, although it isnt the priority.......fill a terrible weakness, and build a rush to pressure one of the best QB's of all time.

and the guy is a beast!! great combine has improved his stock too.

Does crowman know its time for his pick?
yeh, he has been pmed, unfortunately its that time of the week that people might not be on much, will be interesting to see which way he goes, DMac still available but not a big need as compared to some areas on D

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy 2008 BigFooty Mock Draft - Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back