2008 Brownlow Odds

Remove this Banner Ad

• Banned
i would imagine that the top 5 in no order would be kerr, judd, gazza tin can, bartel and jonno brown with the cornes and pav up there aswell.

With Travis entering our midfield and opposition placing most attention to TJ, Simon Black, and Luke Power, Adcock and his ball winning ability in the centre will see him very well placed for the Brownlow. Don't forget nige Lappin - hasn't won it before and has been unlucky - could well also be his year!

i would imagine that the top 5 in no order would be kerr, judd, gazza tin can, bartel and jonno brown with the cornes and pav up there aswell.
Why would Cornes be up there?

He had as good a year as he is ever going to have, and didn't poll very well.

Nigel Lappin won't win it either.

seriously guys if juddy is cherry ripe round 1 and we win say between 7-10 games, i would think that he would be a shoe in dont you think. like bob' ya aunty said not may player would take the votes off him, and i still think that he could collect votes even if wee lose.

This is my thought not based on the fact that im a carlton supporter.

If not Juddy then a lazy $100 on Sammy Mitchell. Just love the way he goes about things

(Log in to remove this ad.)

seriously guys if juddy is cherry ripe round 1 and we win say between 7-10 games, i would think that he would be a shoe in dont you think. like bob' ya aunty said not may player would take the votes off him, and i still think that he could collect votes even if wee lose.

This is my thought not based on the fact that im a carlton supporter.

If not Juddy then a lazy $100 on Sammy Mitchell. Just love the way he goes about things
Judd's won one Brownlow consistantly playing in a top 8/top 4 team.
If Carlton win 7-10 games, Judd is hardly a "shoe in."

Anyone got any odds?

yeah odds are someone's going to ask this question again before the odds come out ;)

Goodes' form wasn't too shabby at the end of the year, don't forget...

the umps love this guy - sure he's a good player but he doesn't have much competition from his teammates - no one takes votes from him from the swans.

Aren't they released once all lists are finalised?

Yes .... 2008 Brownlow odds come out around late November-December

In 2004 WCE finished 8th and Judd still managed 30 votes... He is a vote polling machine. For what its worth i would imagine kerr would start faviorite from ablett, goodes, judd then bartel, with mitchell and dal santo both fairly short. No point getting on a faviorite early, may as well wait till at east half way through the season. If your gonna get on early have a sprinkle at some roughies... bartel was 301 at the start of last yr, n gazza was 150s i think.

i think if carrazzo can have another standout season with the help of judd, he could easily have a chance, even murphy could get close

In terms of betting odds:

Judd @ about $8
Goodes
Dal Santo
Kerr
Burgoyne
Mitchell
Bartel
Riewoldt
Ablett
J.Brown @ about $30

Would be my top 10, in similar order. First 2 have proven to be the best 2 midfielders over 3-4 years, winners and vote getters.

Next 4 havent won one, but are proven vote getters, playing in winning teams and can win the medal by either playing in a 16+ win team, or having a standout year.

Bartel and Riewoldt are slightly different, Bartel has had one standout year, in a standout team, difficult to reproduce (Brownlow curse next year), whie Riewoldt polls ok, and with St.K to improve could do well. Problem is he isnt a midfielder.

Ablett is in there for his quality year, but if he didnt win it this year, when will he? Still deserves to be in there, while Brown is similar, missed votes when he kicked 5+ goals, but due to his quality needs to be considered.

Others to be considered as top chances: B.Harvey, Hodge, Black, Cooney, Cox, Pavlich, Mcleod, Thompson, Swan, Malceski.

i think if carrazzo can have another standout season with the help of judd, he could easily have a chance, even murphy could get close

What about Eddie Betts? He'd have to go close wouldn't he?

And it'd be criminal to leave out the O'O'hAilpin boys!

But I think if Kruezer can have a standout season with the help of judd he could easily have a chance

I'm sure I'm missing a few, but this is just a rough draft of who to punt on

In terms of betting odds:

Judd @ about $8
Goodes
Dal Santo
Kerr
Burgoyne
Mitchell
Bartel
Riewoldt
Ablett
J.Brown @ about $30

Would be my top 10, in similar order. First 2 have proven to be the best 2 midfielders over 3-4 years, winners and vote getters.

Next 4 havent won one, but are proven vote getters, playing in winning teams and can win the medal by either playing in a 16+ win team, or having a standout year.

Bartel and Riewoldt are slightly different, Bartel has had one standout year, in a standout team, difficult to reproduce (Brownlow curse next year), whie Riewoldt polls ok, and with St.K to improve could do well. Problem is he isnt a midfielder.

Judd is the most likely choice, assuming Carlton win say 7 games or better. Bartel will probably poll well again next year. Ablett will probably poll better if he has a good year. Goodes seems to poll well just for turning up, but I don't expect the Swans to do too well next year so that might damage his chance. Kerr will get a lot of votes but there's a good chance he'll **** up again and be ineligible. I can't see anyone outside this group getting up but Burgoyne might be a slim hope, noting that Port will probably go backwards next year.

Hard to read St Kilda but personally I don't think they will go too well, which will damage whatever chance they had.

Remove this Banner Ad

2008 Brownlow Odds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back