2008 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously it's very, very early, but with the talent going around in the U18 Champs this year that can't be drafted until next year, is it fair to label 2008 as another potential "superdraft"?

Naitanui
Hurley
Suban
Cornelius

... would all be going high in this year's draft at this stage.

You also forgot Daniel Rich who is probably the best of the lot and might go number 1.

I hope we tank!

;)

Hamish Hartlett to Carlton. :thumbsu:
Carlton had the last two number one picks and priority picks in the last three of the last four years, with the possibility of another priority and pick one this year. Geez talk about greedy!!

If I was a Carlton supporter, I'd want to start seeing my side improve, not prey to keep losing.

Obviously it's very, very early, but with the talent going around in the U18 Champs this year that can't be drafted until next year, is it fair to label 2008 as another potential "superdraft"?

Naitanui
Hurley
Suban
Cornelius

... would all be going high in this year's draft at this stage.

I agree. Things are shaping up very nicely. Throw in the likes of Rich (WA), Swift (WA), Yarran (WA) and Hartlett (SA) and this has all the attributes of being another "superdraft".

Carlton had the last two number one picks and priority picks in the last three of the last four years, with the possibility of another priority and pick one this year. Geez talk about greedy!!

If I was a Carlton supporter, I'd want to start seeing my side improve, not prey to keep losing.
I was taking the piss.

I wouldn't say it's a super draft. Some encouraging signs from the championships but I don't think it is anything more than the 2007 draft.

Kruezer, Rioli, Veszpremi, Masten & Grimes looked just as impressive last year as the 2008 crop look this year. But with guys like Hawkins, Gibbs & Luenberger being so dominate it was hard to rate a mention.

You also forgot Daniel Rich who is probably the best of the lot and might go number 1.

He'd be right up there is you ask me, as would Suban from Nth Ballarat. From my estimations, Suban might very well have had 40+ touches against VM on Wednesday, and most of them were effective.

Tigers would jump at the chance to get Naitanui onto their list next year and look like they will have another PP in the same draft. It might not hurt them in the long run if Carlton have picks one and four in the draft and pick Kreuzer ahead of them. :D

Could Michael Hurley be the answer to Carlton's problems at fullback?

I've read elsewhere that he is one to watch for 2008.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigers would jump at the chance to get Naitanui onto their list next year and look like they will have another PP in the same draft. It might not hurt them in the long run if Carlton have picks one and four in the draft and pick Kreuzer ahead of them. :D

Could Michael Hurley be the answer to Carlton's problems at fullback?

I've read elsewhere that he is one to watch for 2008.

IMO, he is certainly the premier underage FB in the country. All the signs are there that he could become a pretty good player at AFL level. His kicking skills, and the penetration he gets with his kicking, is something quite special.

IMO, he is certainly the premier underage FB in the country. All the signs are there that he could become a pretty good player at AFL level. His kicking skills, and the penetration he gets with his kicking, is something quite special.
He's very versatile though. Yes he is a good backman but on numerous occasions with the knights he has gone forward and kikd goals. he reminds me a lot of jrrod waite - can go forward or back. carlton would be drueling over him as he could play at CHB, O'hAilpin FB, Waite CHF and Fev FF. key player IMO and may go higher than a lot of people think.

top 5 for sure

He's very versatile though. Yes he is a good backman but on numerous occasions with the knights he has gone forward and kikd goals. he reminds me a lot of jrrod waite - can go forward or back. carlton would be drueling over him as he could play at CHB, O'hAilpin FB, Waite CHF and Fev FF. key player IMO and may go higher than a lot of people think.

top 5 for sure

IIRC, he went forward against the Jets in Rd 2 this year, and looked just as comfortable. Since then, i've only seen him play in the backline.

Any club who gets a pick in the top 10 or so will get a beauty. Take a look at these names:

Cornelius
Hartlett
Hurley
Suban
Swift
Rich
Natanui
Ash Smith
Heyne
Trengove

As a Richmond supporter I want us to finish bottoming out at the end of 2008 with a pre1 round priority and Nicholas Natanui and another young star to boot. Theres no point winning 8 games next year, both us and carlton need to stay at the bottom for next 18 months to see both clubs rise up the ladder in 2009 and 2010.

top 5 for sure
Don't do that to me! ;)
How does Hurley compare to Rance as a fullback?

Is there a player in the AFL who plays the game the same way as Hamish Hartlett?
As a Richmond supporter I want us to finish bottoming out at the end of 2008 with a pre1 round priority and Nicholas Natanui and another young star to boot. Theres no point winning 8 games next year, both us and carlton need to stay at the bottom for next 18 months to see both clubs rise up the ladder in 2009 and 2010.
I'm hoping we will rise out of the bottom four next year and we won't need another PP after this year. We've finished down the bottom too many times to be down there again. Getting our hands on picks 1. 3/4 and 19/21 is enough talent to add to our list in one go. The next eight weeks will be hard enough to deal with and I couldn't hack another year of talk about tanking for a PP.

IIRC, he went forward against the Jets in Rd 2 this year, and looked just as comfortable. Since then, i've only seen him play in the backline.

Any club who gets a pick in the top 10 or so will get a beauty. Take a look at these names:

Cornelius
Hartlett
Hurley
Suban
Swift
Rich
Natanui
Ash Smith
Heyne
Trengove
He played in most Games while Bongetti was out and kicked a couple of bags of 6 and took plenty of marks similar to reiwoldt.

Nick Suban will be a star won the vic country MVP as a 17 year played with him as a junior and he has incredible skills and a natural leader hope carlton take him

He played in most Games while Bongetti was out and kicked a couple of bags of 6 and took plenty of marks similar to reiwoldt.

Thanks for that mate. He'd have to be pretty close to #1 next year already, with maybe Rich from WA the other one in contention.

Remove this Banner Ad

2008 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back